News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

the thread that can't be derailed....

Started by cynthialee, December 03, 2011, 09:47:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Malachite

Quote from: nickikim on December 06, 2014, 08:53:53 PM
My wish is the opposite, I have an epic beard you can have, If you can just get it off my face.
I also have some menswear I won't wear, bring some trash bags.

Oh if we could so trade!!!!
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

nickikim

Quote from: King Malachite on December 08, 2014, 01:49:28 AM
Oh if we could so trade!!!!
We need to start an exchange program.

That post is dangerously close to keeping this thread on track.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqjfW-MZsMo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Is the love child a sequin?
  •  

immortal gypsy

So that's how there made.

How many sequins die each year just for fashion?
Do not fear those who have nothing left to lose, fear those who are prepared to lose it all

Si vis bellum, parra pacem
  •  

Wynternight

Stooping down, dipping my wings, I came into the darkly-splendid abodes. There, in that formless abyss was I made a partaker of the Mysteries Averse. LIBER CORDIS CINCTI SERPENTE-11;4

HRT- 31 August, 2014
FT - 7 Sep, 2016
VFS- 19 October, 2016
FFS/BA - 28 Feb, 2018
SRS - 31 Oct 2018
  •  

JulieBlair

I think of their shine, impale them, and sew them to my skirt.
I am my own best friend and my own worst enemy.  :D
Full Time 18 June 2014
Esprit can be found at http://espritconf.com/
  •  

Wynternight

Quote from: JulieBlair on December 13, 2014, 09:10:23 PM
I think of their shine, impale them, and sew them to my skirt.

You....you fiend!! I hear them, the dreadful silence of the sequins.
Stooping down, dipping my wings, I came into the darkly-splendid abodes. There, in that formless abyss was I made a partaker of the Mysteries Averse. LIBER CORDIS CINCTI SERPENTE-11;4

HRT- 31 August, 2014
FT - 7 Sep, 2016
VFS- 19 October, 2016
FFS/BA - 28 Feb, 2018
SRS - 31 Oct 2018
  •  

immortal gypsy

Quote from: Wynternight on December 13, 2014, 09:19:06 PM
You....you fiend!! I hear them, the dreadful silence of the sequins.

Now now Special Agent Wynternight. Let us give Julie a chance to defend herself.

Farmed or wild sequins and just how do you capture them?
Do not fear those who have nothing left to lose, fear those who are prepared to lose it all

•  

JulieBlair

I would only use domestic sequins of course.  To reduce the abundance of the wild strains would be so very wrong on so many levels.  There are extensive sequin ranches in China, and they provide the glittering darlings.  I am told that any piercing is done under anesthesia, which is more than I can say for piercings done in ink shops.  I have found that they frequently escape and have wondered if hybrid sequins can be found in the taiga of Alaska.

J
Full Time 18 June 2014
  •  

Wynternight

Quote from: JulieBlair on December 14, 2014, 02:20:12 PM
I would only use domestic sequins of course.  To reduce the abundance of the wild strains would be so very wrong on so many levels.  There are extensive sequin ranches in China, and they provide the glittering darlings.  I am told that any piercing is done under anesthesia, which is more than I can say for piercings done in ink shops.  I have found that they frequently escape and have wondered if hybrid sequins can be found in the taiga of Alaska.

J

I've only ever seen wild sequins in Alaska and I've lived and traveled from Anchorage to Barrow and spots in between. There may be hybrid populations in the Interior but I've never seen them.

HRT- 31 August, 2014
FT - 7 Sep, 2016
VFS- 19 October, 2016
FFS/BA - 28 Feb, 2018
SRS - 31 Oct 2018
  •  

immortal gypsy

Those poor poor defenseless sequins. Can't we create synthetic sequins for clothing and let them all run free

Won't somebody think of the sequins

•  

JulieBlair

Oh sequins are anything but defenseless.  They often control the behavior of their hosts particularly the Hollywood and Las Vegas sub varieties.  Indeed the beauties that live on my sneakers often take me to Nordstroms where they look for new companions.  Frequently with success.

J
Full Time 18 June 2014
  •  

JulieBlair

Quote from: Wynternight on December 14, 2014, 02:49:03 PM
I've only ever seen wild sequins in Alaska and I've lived and traveled from Anchorage to Barrow and spots in between. There may be hybrid populations in the Interior but I've never seen them.

I once heard a bush pilot speak of unique populations near and on Round Island, but since flights there are restricted, no direct sightings have been made.  But that conversation was at the Bush Company and I fear the source was unreliable.  He drooled on my leggings.
Full Time 18 June 2014
  •  

immortal gypsy

Quote from: JulieBlair on December 14, 2014, 03:09:10 PM
Oh sequins are anything but defenseless.  They often control the behavior of their hosts particularly the Hollywood and Las Vegas sub varieties.  Indeed the beauties that live on my sneakers often take me to Nordstroms where they look for new companions.  Frequently with success.

J

That's the problem with the large wild northern sequins. Now the Southern Antarctica Sequin is an adorabubble little creature that only comes out at night,  and is very timid.
If you come to Australia you can see small colonies of fairy sequins along the east coast as far up to Sydney Harbor. People flock to an island in Victoria to see these tiny little wonders come up to the sure every night

•  

Wynternight

Quote from: JulieBlair on December 14, 2014, 03:12:12 PM
I once heard a bush pilot speak of unique populations near and on Round Island, but since flights there are restricted, no direct sightings have been made.  But that conversation was at the Bush Company and I fear the source was unreliable.  He drooled on my leggings.

You can't trust those bush pilots. They're an odd lot and apt to hit the sauce when they get the chance.

HRT- 31 August, 2014
FT - 7 Sep, 2016
VFS- 19 October, 2016
FFS/BA - 28 Feb, 2018
SRS - 31 Oct 2018
  •  

JulieBlair

Quote from: immortal gypsy on December 14, 2014, 07:40:43 PM
That's the problem with the large wild northern sequins. Now the Southern Antarctica Sequin is an adorabubble little creature that only comes out at night,  and is very timid.
If you come to Australia you can see small colonies of fairy sequins along the east coast as far up to Sydney Harbor. People flock to an island in Victoria to see these tiny little wonders come up to the sure every night

It is my dream to witness the sequins of OZ :)
Full Time 18 June 2014
  •  

JulieBlair

Quote from: Wynternight on December 14, 2014, 08:17:52 PM
You can't trust those bush pilots. They're an odd lot and apt to hit the sauce when they get the chance.

Perhaps some day I can tell you of a flight I made in a Super Cub from Togiak to Bethel.  Without 100 mile an hour tape, the wings might have fallen Off.  We had no business flying much less surviving to tell the tale.  God it was fun.  >:-)
Full Time 18 June 2014
  •  

King Malachite

Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

Electric Fuzzball

Vulynn at heart, Vulynn from the start.

Now is Gold
I see her wings, now I'm not cold
The fear is gone, and I am ready to move on
  •  

Electric Fuzzball

Quote from: Electric Fuzzball on December 15, 2014, 12:27:06 AM
Cubic zirconia

Just the way to show the love of your life that your love is real.

"Darling, I got you this "diamond" necklace." =3
Vulynn at heart, Vulynn from the start.

Now is Gold
I see her wings, now I'm not cold
The fear is gone, and I am ready to move on
  •  

immortal gypsy

Quote from: JulieBlair on December 14, 2014, 10:20:00 PM
It is my dream to witness the sequins of OZ :)

Just please make sure you don't come during the puffin dingo migration season.

These animals have been know to run down unsuspecting tourists in packs, swarm them and leave no remains.

Not much is know about these fantastic native creatures after a few of our native reaserchers disappeared on assigment in '76. Only partial audio and video recordings remain. It was very tragic

•