Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

the thread that can't be derailed....

Started by cynthialee, December 03, 2011, 09:47:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sigyn

Quote from: ButterflyVickster on August 27, 2015, 06:08:06 PM
Star light, star bright, I wish I may, I wish I might, Not see you super nova tonight.

Let's keep the discussion to the topic at hand here... Nixon.

•  

LordKAT

What!?! Nixon stole the Millennium Falcon!?!
  •  

Pica Pica

Nixon would never do that, he's not a crook.
'For the circle may be squared with rising and swelling.' Kit Smart
  •  

Sigyn

•  

Lebedinaja

•  

Sigyn

•  

Allison Wunderland

"Let us appropriate & subvert the semiotic hegemony of the hetero-normative dyad."

"My performativity has changed since reading Dr. Judith Butler, Ph.D., Berkeley."
  •  

Katiepie

So is there any word at all, that rhymes with orange?
My life motto: Wake Up and BE Awesome!

"Every minute of your life that you allow someone to dictate your emotions, is a minute of your life you are allowing them to control you." - a dear friend of mine.

Stay true to yourself no matter the consequence, for this is your life, your decision, your trust in which will shape your future. Believe in yourself, if you don't then no one will.
  •  

valente.nava.9

Portage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

valente.nava.9

•  

Sigyn

Nope, not derailed... this thread is still Nixon, because Nixon cannot be derailed.

•  

Tessa James

Funny how few people remember that they once voted for the man who resigned the presidency.  I was once one of the soldiers he sent on an illegal invasion of Cambodia in 1969 as he simultaneously and incessantly bombed northern Vietnam killing thousands of people.  That deeply troubled and paranoid man will never be much of a joke for some of us.  And then he did create the EPA which I 'm sure many Republicans appreciate today ;D

I actually put trains "on the ground" a few times when I worked for the Rock Island and Soo Line railroads as a younger person.  Running a train off the rails isn't that hard as it turns out :D   Now putting them back on the tracks can be done with teamwork, some heavy timbers or more often a crane.

Similarly it is easy to derail in politics and a bit harder for some to see and feel the real needs of people all around us as reasons to be involved and on track with solutions. ;D

Nixon is a dead crook
Open, out and evolving queer trans person forever with HRT support since March 13, 2013
  •  

nickikim

http
I helped rerail that,  and rode it just before the derail.
  •  

Aazhie

AUUUGH IT'S SO OFF TOPIC!!!!  8D

*leaps off the bridge into a long canyon with a river to splash in safely like EVERY action movie involving trains*
You build on failure. You use it as a stepping stone. Close the door on the past. You don't try to forget the mistakes, but you don't dwell on it. You don't let it have any of your energy, or any of your time, or any of your space.
Johnny Cash
  •  

Allison Wunderland

. . . and then I stopped myself, mid thought . . .

"WTF was that all about ??? . . . "

(elliptical interjection is always a dodgy narrative strategy . . . )
"Let us appropriate & subvert the semiotic hegemony of the hetero-normative dyad."

"My performativity has changed since reading Dr. Judith Butler, Ph.D., Berkeley."
  •  

Sigyn

What was that hullabaloo all about? Let's get this topic back on what it's about.... Nixon.
  •  

King Malachite

I like bandanas.  I like to wear them on my head, and over my mouth.
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

Sigyn

Quote from: King Malachite on September 29, 2015, 01:33:34 AM
I like bandanas.  I like to wear them on my head, and over my mouth.

You can keep it Nixon with this bandana:

•  

King Malachite

Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

Sigyn

Nixon may have eaten bananas, but not as much as "The King", who was known to love his peanut butter and banana sandwiches.
  •