Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

the thread that can't be derailed....

Started by cynthialee, December 03, 2011, 09:47:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

caseyy

I haven't had a decent, proper sleep all week, and it's kind of starting to kill me.
  •  

Pica Pica

Quote from: Julian on December 03, 2011, 11:50:12 PM
Ahhh, the super-creepy date rape song!

Not as creepy as 'knock three times', the stalker's anthem.
'For the circle may be squared with rising and swelling.' Kit Smart
  •  

caseyy

Doing a presentation on the representation of androgynous characters in anime...I wonder if I'd enjoy studying gender as a performance in my field overall. I don't even know if I think it's a performance. Obviously, our gender identities or lack thereof are pretty innate...I'd have to take a long period of time to distinguish between identity and expression. And even then, if I was focussing primarily on the representation of androgyny the expression, I'd miss out on the importance of androgyn as an identity.

But the expression of gender in terms of clothing, assigned cues that are defined male or female...well that's right on the mark, performance.
  •  

Catherine Sarah

If you're in Australia and are subject to Domestic Violence or Violence against Women, call 1800-RESPECT (1800-737-7328) for assistance.
  •  

Constance

South San Francisco has fog 400 days of the year.

Eva Marie

Quote from: Shades O'Grey on December 05, 2011, 01:44:44 PM
South San Francisco has fog 400 days of the year.

What about the other -35 days?
  •  

Constance

SSF is in a fog-time-vortex. I know, I grew up there.

espo

Quote from: Beth Andrea on December 04, 2011, 11:12:32 PM
Siobhan = Seh' bahn

All threads can be derailed, even one with random stuff...if even one post answers another, the thread is in imminent danger of re-railing, at which time it can be de-derailed...

Thank you.  Pretty name.
  •  

EmmaM

Loved.
  •  

Constance

When my kids were young, I told them most of the 101 big d!ck jokes from Drew Carrey's book Dirty Jokes and Beer by rewording them as big nose jokes.

Jen61

Now, let's be serious for a moment, this is not sloughing matter
  •  

Pica Pica

Quote from: Shades O'Grey on December 05, 2011, 08:32:24 PM
When my kids were young, I told them most of the 101 big d!ck jokes from Drew Carrey's book Dirty Jokes and Beer by rewording them as big nose jokes.

A fine and noble tradition, there is a whole book in Tristram Shandy consisting of 'nose' jokes.

Please, I'd love to hear one of yours.
  •  

smooth

I bought a diary so I wouldn't forget things but I don't remember where I put it
see you on the beach....
  •  

Constance

Quote from: Pica Pica on December 06, 2011, 01:00:14 AM

A fine and noble tradition, there is a whole book in Tristram Shandy consisting of 'nose' jokes.

Please, I'd love to hear one of yours.
My nose is the walrus, koo koo k'joo.

My nose is so big, it won't return Spielberg's calls.

My nose is so big, I entered it in a big nose contest and it came in first, second, and third.

Pica Pica

•  

Devlyn

•  

espo

No fries for you.   >:-)

Would you settle for a piece of brown sugar fudge ?
  •