Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

the thread that can't be derailed....

Started by cynthialee, December 03, 2011, 09:47:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Constance

I swear it's not just an orange, but an e-e-e-e-vil orange.

cynthialee

6 pages.
My best thread ever. I am a genius!

>:-)
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
Sun Tsu 'The art of War'
  •  

Jaimey

There's a really weird noise outside...like someone shaking sheets of aluminum outside my window.  :icon_eek:  creepy.
If curiosity really killed the cat, I'd already be dead. :laugh:

"How far you go in life depends on you being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and the strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these." GWC
  •  

justmeinoz

If you had any doubts about your identity before, Caseyyy, thinking about sex straight after finishing a paper proves you are a.....STUDENT!!!
"Don't ask me, it was on fire when I lay down on it"
  •  

caseyyy

Hahaha. I was thinking about sex all throughout the paper as well, which was making it hard (pun intended) to concentrate. :P
  •  

Constance

Quote from: justmeinoz on December 21, 2011, 03:23:37 AM
If you had any doubts about your identity before, Caseyyy, thinking about sex straight after finishing a paper proves you are a.....STUDENT!!!
+1

foosnark

I want a rubber duckie.

I think I want two rubber duckies actually.  One for me, and one for the ghost/spirit in the bathroom that tosses things around.  I know stuff falls, especially towels off racks and mirrors off the walls their suction cups stick them too.  But when said mirrors land 5 feet away from the tub instead of inside the tub, it makes you think about how friendly a nice rubber duckie is and how that's a much nicer plaything for the invisble beings and/or impersonal forces that like to toss mirrors around.

And it's thematically appropriate.  And cute.  And perhaps squeaky.
  •  

caseyyy

Sounds like a poltergeist. *shudder* Always been terrified of them.
  •  

foosnark

Poltergeists don't worry me... we have a kitten.  A playful, inquisitive, psychotic kitten who apparently never sleeps.  Anything short of an actual home intruder with a chainsaw just pales in comparison.

Maybe two chainsaws.
  •  

Pica Pica

'For the circle may be squared with rising and swelling.' Kit Smart
  •  

espo

•  

nickikim

•  

foosnark

I never expected it would be difficult to find rubber duckies when you're looking for them.  But then, it's nearly Christmas.  There are some stores I don't want to go near, and other places are full of whatever it is they think kids want, and apparently kids aren't asking for rubber duckies.

3 hours and 15 minutes left at the office before vacation.  I'm the only one in.  I need to find something suitably unproductive to fill that time, beyond posting here.
  •  

nickikim

Quote from: foosnark on December 22, 2011, 01:48:28 PM
I never expected it would be difficult to find rubber duckies when you're looking for them.  But then, it's nearly Christmas.  There are some stores I don't want to go near, and other places are full of whatever it is they think kids want, and apparently kids aren't asking for rubber duckies.

3 hours and 15 minutes left at the office before vacation.  I'm the only one in.  I need to find something suitably unproductive to fill that time, beyond posting here.
duck into wall mart , look in the baby section, not the toy dept, I had a f*ck of a time finding my nephew a duck.
  •  

Eva Marie

Quote from: foosnark on December 22, 2011, 01:48:28 PM

Now i have that song that big bird sings on sesame street stuck in my head...

Rubber Duckie you're the one,
You make bathtime lots of fun,
Rubber Duckie I'm awfully fond of you
Vo-vo-dee-o!

Rubber Duckie, joy of joys,
When I squeeze you, you make noise,
Rubber Duckie you're my very best friend it's true

Oh, every day when I, make my way to the tubby
I find a little fellow who's cute and yellow and chubby!
Rub-a-dub-dubby!

Rubber Duckie you're so fine,
And I'm lucky that you're mine.
Rubber Duckie, I'd love a whole pond of,
Rubber Duckie, I'm awfully fond of you!

Rubber Duckie you're so fine,
And I'm lucky that you're mine,
Rubber Duckie I'm awfully fond of you!

Thought i would share; maybe it'll get stuck in your head too  >:-)
  •  

caseyyy

Oh nooo. Evil. ;( That song is a total earworm.
  •  

Pica Pica

'For the circle may be squared with rising and swelling.' Kit Smart
  •  

nickikim

I am possessed by a legion of Muppet voices , led by Grover
  •  

Jaimey

Quote from: nickikim on December 22, 2011, 09:57:55 PM
I am possessed by a legion of Muppet voices , led by Grover

A legion of Muppets, led by Andrea Bocelli  :laugh:  Happy Holidays!

If curiosity really killed the cat, I'd already be dead. :laugh:

"How far you go in life depends on you being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and the strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these." GWC
  •