News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

the thread that can't be derailed....

Started by cynthialee, December 03, 2011, 09:47:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julian

Oh also.

My sister wonders whether British people (non-American English speakers in general, I guess) say "Gesundheit" instead of "Bless you" the way some Americans do. I told her I'd track down a British person and ask. This is close enough. :D
  •  

Joeyboo~ :3

Sorta kinda waxed my legs tonight.
One box is NOT enough for both legs though.
The box came with 40 strips and it took 30 strips to just do my upper legs(which took like an hour).

I'm one hairy >-bleeped-< v_v
  •  

EmmaM

I got shot in the face with lasers today. It was enlightening.
Loved.
  •  

Pica Pica

Quote from: Julian on January 19, 2012, 07:19:33 PM
Oh also.

My sister wonders whether British people (non-American English speakers in general, I guess) say "Gesundheit" instead of "Bless you" the way some Americans do. I told her I'd track down a British person and ask. This is close enough. :D

No, we say 'Bless You'.
'For the circle may be squared with rising and swelling.' Kit Smart
  •  

Joeyboo~ :3

Quote from: EmmaM on January 19, 2012, 09:48:09 PM
I got shot in the face with lasers today. It was enlightening.

Happy for you and jelly at the same time!
  •  

foosnark

I'm American and I don't know anyone who says "Gesundheit" on a regular basis.  Even my wife, who uses "danke" and occasionally "bitte."

I have named the white nasty crud that inevitably covers the windshield after snowy weather "Winterscheisse."
  •  

Kelly J. P.

I have a teddy bear that's as big as I am. He's going to be an astronaut someday.
  •  

LordKAT

I'm wondering if it will be worth it to check on Kelly in 5.5 years and see if she is still proud of her choice.

I want to be Pica's neighbor too.

I am having rather disjointed thoughts.  ...Do thoughts have joints?
  •  

nickikim

Quote from: Kelly J. P. on January 20, 2012, 12:06:14 PM
I have a teddy bear that's as big as I am. He's going to be an astronaut someday.
Hope the bear has the right stuff
Quote from: LordKAT on January 21, 2012, 11:36:14 PM
I'm wondering if it will be worth it to check on Kelly in 5.5 years and see if she is still proud of her choice.

I want to be Pica's neighbor too.

I am having rather disjointed thoughts.  ...Do thoughts have joints?
some thoughts aren't possible without joints ............... :icon_bong:
  •  

Julian

Thank you, Pica.

I let my sister know, and she didn't bother to ask where I'd found a Brit.  :P
  •  

Pica Pica

<--- getting worried NW10 will become the capital of andro-ness.
  •  

Julian

My mom says I look like a "hip-hop dude" in my oversized sweatshirt. I... I'm not sure what to think. :D
  •  

foosnark

Painted my toenails this morning, purple for the big toes and silver for the rest.  And also silver for the bathroom floor, as I knocked it off the counter and watched it do a couple of loops in slow motion.  Luckily it seems to have cleaned up okay with remover... except for where it got on the rug.

Also, new glasses!  I think they look better on me than the old ones, and I'll post a picture later if I get the chance.  It actually didn't take too long to get used to them, though I was kind of queasy for the first hour or so with how the floor was curving up to meet me and all.
  •  

Pica Pica

I love getting new glasses, everything seems so fresh for a bit.
I found some Victorian, round, gold glasses, which I am considering getting lensed somewhere.
  •  

ativan

I haven't a thing to say on this topic. I have said enough for a week or so already...

Ativan
  •  

Jaimey

Quote from: Pica Pica on January 22, 2012, 09:08:16 AM
<--- getting worried NW10 will become the capital of andro-ness.

That would be awesome!  How much couch space do you have, dear?  :P
If curiosity really killed the cat, I'd already be dead. :laugh:

"How far you go in life depends on you being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and the strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these." GWC
  •  

justmeinoz

If you buy purple heirloom carrots, cook them separately or you will have a purple chicken casserole.
Purple potatoes, purple pumpkin, purple onions, purple parsnips, purple chicken.  And purple hands if you don't wear gloves.
And they taste exactly the same as the orange ones. ???
"Don't ask me, it was on fire when I lay down on it"
  •  

foosnark

Purple is the best.  Nevermind that propoganda from Stawberry Shortcake.
  •  

caseyyy

Quote from: justmeinoz on January 27, 2012, 03:57:08 AM
If you buy purple heirloom carrots, cook them separately or you will have a purple chicken casserole.
Purple potatoes, purple pumpkin, purple onions, purple parsnips, purple chicken.  And purple hands if you don't wear gloves.
And they taste exactly the same as the orange ones. ???

All I could get from that is that I have been craving beets for weeks. Purple peee.
  •  

espo

Never experienced purple peee but I have done the OMG my butt is bleeding !!!  and then its ... oh right, I ate beets lastnight.
  •