Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

the thread that can't be derailed....

Started by cynthialee, December 03, 2011, 09:47:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ativan

Nope, I thought it was too, but I think that one is a spinnoff from it.
Thanks though!

Ativan
  •  

King Malachite

I should really give my laptop a break before it blows out.  No matter, I have insurance.
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

Sephirah

Quote from: Ativan on May 17, 2012, 11:36:22 PM
Nope, I thought it was too, but I think that one is a spinnoff from it.
Thanks though!

Ativan

How about this one?

https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,8356.0.html
Natura nihil frustra facit.
  •  

ativan

Wow, I wasn't even around back then. It was one I resurrected last year? Yr before?
I came on here sept 09 I think, but I deleted a lot of early posts (pissy mood).
Eh, I'll find it tomorrow, or more likely forget I was looking.
It sure is something though to look back and see everyone from when I first started here...
*slap myself for sentimentalism*
Thanks again!

Ativan
  •  

King Malachite

Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

•  

ativan

Think I'll make some whole wheat toast and go watch reruns till I can sleep.
Mania kicking in again...
You all have a good night!

Ativan
  •  

justmeinoz

Bacon and fruit smoothie?   How about Lemon Chicken?  or Duck a l'Orange.  The mind reels with the possibilities!
"Don't ask me, it was on fire when I lay down on it"
  •  

suzifrommd

I'm treating it like a puzzle - a newbie with only so-so intuitive people skills trying to figure out what this thread is all about. Actually searched for "bacon" in the thread history but only got today's hit.

Too bad I can't turn to the back of the book to look up the answer like in math class.

Could I trouble one of you veterans to give us newcomers a sentence or two of clarification to help?
Have you read my short story The Eve of Triumph?
  •  

King Malachite

•  

ativan

When you are on the androgne talk page, look at the top or bottom to see back pages of topics that are here.
You can page back to older topics if you want to look at some of the history of this section.
You can do that with any section.

Ativan
  •  

Taka

fruitcake again? i can't say i remember the topic title either
actually, i haven't even tasted the dish, so i should just withdraw from any discussion of it

but if you want bacon, then that's much easier for me to provide
  •  

Taka

next time i get a piece of bacon walking around on four legs, i'll call it francis

right now we don't have any live bacon, so i'll have to settle for calling one of the cute lambs we have redneck. since it's perfectly snow white apart from it's red neck
  •  

King Malachite

•  

Jamie D

•  

Jamie D

Quote from: Taka on May 18, 2012, 02:31:05 PM
next time i get a piece of bacon walking around on four legs, i'll call it francis

right now we don't have any live bacon, so i'll have to settle for calling one of the cute lambs we have redneck. since it's perfectly snow white apart from it's red neck

I thought "Francis" was a mule?!

•  

BlueSloth

Quote from: agfrommd on May 18, 2012, 07:35:11 AM
I'm treating it like a puzzle - a newbie with only so-so intuitive people skills trying to figure out what this thread is all about. Actually searched for "bacon" in the thread history but only got today's hit.

Too bad I can't turn to the back of the book to look up the answer like in math class.

Could I trouble one of you veterans to give us newcomers a sentence or two of clarification to help?
The first post explains the topic quite thoroughly.
  •  

ativan

Quote from: agfrommd on May 18, 2012, 07:35:11 AM

Derailed, as in off the tracks on this crazy train. Drifting, as in the discussion drifting off to a different topic.
The title, 'the thread that can't be derailed', is a very clever way from Mrs Bussel to start a thread with it being derailed or drifting right from the start. We have a reputation here at Susans for having most threads drift off topic. We like it, it's fun, it opens up a variety of discussions that might not otherwise take place. We find bits of humor and information that helps us to define ourselves to each other, in a very informal way. It's most particular to the Androgyn section, yet almost everyone it seems comes here for the fun of drifting or as this thread just turned, nonsensical. I love the insight of some posts, and find myself laughing at ones that I don't get until later. Ideas and terms for things are born from these kind of discussions, such as the fruitcake and bacon stuff. It just rolls. I imagine, though I don't know for sure (I wasn't here at the start of it), but this is possibly where the unicorn forest concept came from. Wouldn't surprise me. These drifting discussions are where I learned how much respect and love I have for the people in this section, and for those who come here with big hearts and minds from elsewhere.
That being said, I just wish I could remember what it was that...
  •  

Taka

Quote from: Jamie D on May 18, 2012, 05:19:41 PM
I thought "Francis" was a mule?!
are you telling me that the bacon was a mule!!???
some parts of history will need to be redefined....
  •