Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

dialating, don't much like it.

Started by Jonie, March 10, 2007, 07:09:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonie

Can somebody please tell me why they can't figure out a way to make a neo vagina that doesn't need to be dialated?
  •  

tinkerbell

Well, I don't see how that can be done either.  The vaginal cavity created during SRS is "artificial", for it is not supposed to be there, so your body reacts as it would normally do with an open wound; it starts to close it, and this is why dilation is imperative post-operatively. 

At first it was a nightmare for me, but after a while you get used to it; I find amazing the things you can get used to.  Besides if you do the same thing three or four times a day for 20 minutes each time, it becomes routine.

Nowadays, it is not such a big deal anymore; actually I enjoy doing it! ;D

tinkerbell :icon_chick:
  •  

Stormy Weather

Quote from: Jonie on March 10, 2007, 07:09:34 PM
Can somebody please tell me why they can't figure out a way to make a neo vagina that doesn't need to be dialated?

I think they would if they could; believe me, you'd get enough buyers. It's just the nature of the surgery that this is what you have to do and anyone thinking about or planning surgery has to fully realise what they're taking on for the rest of their life.

The trick is to make dilating a time to chill out. I make phone calls and listen to my iPod, sometimes even read. Some people who are many many years post-op only have to do it once every couple of weeks or longer... so that's not such a big deal.

I wouldn't say I enjoy it... it's not unpleasant but just a bit of a chore at times, especially when you're tired.
  •  

Steph

Anything that the medical community could develop to alleviate the need to dilate would be welcomed by me. :)  But honestly as the others have mentioned you do get used it, and yes if you plan on keeping your vagina functional you will need to dilate at least once per week for the rest of your life once the initial dilation routine is finished.  Of course you could stop dilating but why...

Steph
  •  

Laura Eva B

If you go for Zigmond section colon vaginoplasty I believe its a lot easier.

For me its pleasant enough to do, just that it eats up time. 

If I do my "once daily" at bedtime I always fall asleep on the first stent, so its 6:30 am workday mornings still hardly woken up ... and I still fall asleep soo often  :).

Have to set my alarm twice over, "wake up for dilation" and "wake up - dilation finished ... breakfast time" !

Laura x
  •