Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Does estrogen make you look younger?

Started by sysm29, December 13, 2011, 08:55:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sysm29

I am 26 and already I have a horribly aging face.  The skin is rough, it's got pimples and break outs all over it, facial hair even around my eyes.  It's so old looking and tired.  There has to be something I can do about it.  When I was on estradiol once before, I noticed it began to make me look like the younger boy that I looked like before and then it became an older-looking woman, which was strange.  What have you experienced with the estrogen?
  •  

Bishounen

Yep. That's one of the main reasons many FTM's literally look like boys although they are in their twenties.
  •  

JenJen2011

It does smooth and clear your face if you have acne, etc. which could give the appearance of a younger, more refreshed face.
"You have one life to live so live it right"
  •  

Alainaluvsu

It also narrows the pores which can give a more youthful appearance.
To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are.

•  

Emily Ray

I also noticed the fine lines around my eyes and the wrinkles on my eyelids diminshinig in the two years that I have been on estrogen. I don't think it is going to change much more, but it did take ten years or at least five years off my face.

Huggs

Emily
  •  

Cindi Jones

I think it does!  So look forward to it!

Chin up!

Cindi
Author of Squirrel Cage
  •  

RhinoP

To be honest, male androgens are really what's responsible for most types of aging (any times that a natal female suffers from large features or bad skin as she ages, it's usually because she's producing too much male hormones), and it's my opinion that even any straight male who cares about looking young should find a way to hormonally stop a bit of the aging process - to many a folk, it'd be very worth even giving up fertility. However, I believe there's options out there just to lower testosterone and androgens, not to totally cut them off.
  •  

lilacwoman

The Bible says about sex that a man should stick to the tricklings of his own well.   
Active sex life keeps  a man fit and healthy.
MtFs know estrogen makes us look great and younger.
Vaginas also have estrogen.

Go figure out why some sexy older guys look great and why miserable couch potatoes die young and aged.
  •  

Lily

I'm in my 6th month now.

For the first 5 months I didn't notice any changes, but this last month has caused a small degree of softening and my skin tone is slightly more even.

The time it takes to work differs for people, but you will get results eventually. I definitely look younger Dec 2011 than I did Dec 2010.
  •  

annette

Make your own judgement, when my avatarphoto was taken, I was 56 years old.
People are always thinking I'm a lot younger.
These are the results of 30 years of hormones.
  •  

V M

Most folks don't believe I'm 50  :)  Most tend to guess early to mid 30's... I got carded at the store today  :laugh:  Not sure if it's the HRT or not, but I'll take it  ;D
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Cyndigurl45

I lost ten years. So instead of celebrating my 28th anniversary of 21st birthday :-) I look like I'm celebrating my 18th anniversary of 21st birthday ;)
  •  

eli77

Didn't for me. But then I already looked 10 years below my age, so thankfully it didn't get any worse. I still regularly get asked where I go to school... meaning high school. I'm a uni graduate FFS!
  •  

Tyler

Quote from: V M on December 15, 2011, 03:24:20 AM
Most folks don't believe I'm 50  :)  Most tend to guess early to mid 30's... I got carded at the store today  :laugh:  Not sure if it's the HRT or not, but I'll take it  ;D

50? Is that you in that picture????? OMG I thought you were like 19-22!
  •  

V M

Quote from: Tyler on December 16, 2011, 02:34:37 AM
50? Is that you in that picture????? OMG I thought you were like 19-22!
No sorry, that's just an avatar  :)  I haven't posted a pic. of myself for over a year now... Maybe someday I'll post one again, but I haven't felt comfortable about it for awhile
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Padma

Getting onto hormones has made my skin softer, that's for sure, but the main reason I look younger is because as soon as I went on hormones, I relaxed like crazy :).
Womandrogyneâ„¢
  •  

pebbles

Quote from: lilacwoman on December 15, 2011, 12:42:25 AM
Vaginas also have estrogen.

Go figure out why some sexy older guys look great and why miserable couch potatoes die young and aged.
Errr... no. Just no.

That's not the reason why if anything it would be the regular excersize but I'm not convinced what you discribe is true.
  •  

Christine Eryn

It's made my face alot tighter, that and dropping alot of weight too. I am in my mid 30s, people say I look like I'm in my early 20s.  8) I look at older pictures of me (yuk) and I definitely look younger to myself.
"There was a sculptor, and he found this stone, a special stone. He dragged it home and he worked on it for months, until he finally finished. When he was ready he showed it to his friends and they said he had created a great statue. And the sculptor said he hadn't created anything, the statue was always there, he just cleared away the small peices." Rambo III
  •  

JessicaH

Since starting HRT, I have got a lot of "you dont look 41".  For me, I'd definately say it has made me look much younger!
  •