Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

plucking beard hair

Started by Jayne, January 07, 2012, 12:48:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

honey

I've been plucking my beard completely almost every month for the past couple of years and haven't had any complications like ingrown hairs (thankfully!) I naively wanted for it to reduce over time like it does with epilation but it never happened...It used to take me several days to get through a full clearance, now its just a couple of hours and my eyes don't even water anymore. I think as long as you pay attention to the angle it comes out and you grab it with good quality tweezers so you dont snap the hairs, I don't think it gets damaged,  but of course everyone's different curly, straight, coarse, etc.. Mine is coarse and straight which I suppose helps

I did end up quitting plucking however because at week 3, my face breaks out with hundreds of little bumps. These are the coarse hairs trying to break through the skin, like a pin trying to pierce a some plastic, it can't quite punch through and ends up making a little tent under your skin  >:( ... this lasts a week and is the worst part because not even shaving can help here (there is no hair to shave!) I have tried exfoliation and it helps somewhat but not enough as a quick fix, I kinda just had to wait it out

I tried electro for a while but wasn't really seeing results quick enough, about an hour every week the pain was 10x worse than my first full pluck on the top lip, so I had to give that up too, just not worth the pain and money for so little results

I'm due for a laser body hair removal session tomorrow, I may ask to have a few zaps on the face just to see how it goes
  •  

Jacqueline

Quote from: honey on May 17, 2016, 05:55:58 PM
I've been plucking my beard completely almost every month for the past couple of years and haven't had any complications like ingrown hairs (thankfully!) I naively wanted for it to reduce over time like it does with epilation but it never happened...It used to take me several days to get through a full clearance, now its just a couple of hours and my eyes don't even water anymore. I think as long as you pay attention to the angle it comes out and you grab it with good quality tweezers so you dont snap the hairs, I don't think it gets damaged,  but of course everyone's different curly, straight, coarse, etc.. Mine is coarse and straight which I suppose helps

I did end up quitting plucking however because at week 3, my face breaks out with hundreds of little bumps. These are the coarse hairs trying to break through the skin, like a pin trying to pierce a some plastic, it can't quite punch through and ends up making a little tent under your skin  >:( ... this lasts a week and is the worst part because not even shaving can help here (there is no hair to shave!) I have tried exfoliation and it helps somewhat but not enough as a quick fix, I kinda just had to wait it out

I tried electro for a while but wasn't really seeing results quick enough, about an hour every week the pain was 10x worse than my first full pluck on the top lip, so I had to give that up too, just not worth the pain and money for so little results

I'm due for a laser body hair removal session tomorrow, I may ask to have a few zaps on the face just to see how it goes

Honey,

I wanted to welcome you to the site. There are a lot of people with a lot of different experiences. Makes for a caring site with a lot of helpful resources.

I also want to share some links with you. We try to send them to all newly posting members. Mostly welcome information but also the rules that govern the site. If you have not read through them, please take a moment to do so:

Things that you should read

Once again, welcome to Susan's. Continue to join in and ask questions. Hope you find what you are looking for here.

With warmth,

Joanna
1st Therapy: February 2015
First Endo visit & HRT StartJanuary 29, 2016
Jacqueline from Joanna July 18, 2017
Full Time June 1, 2018

•