Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Pros and Cons of having bottom surgery???

Started by jacobRX8, January 13, 2012, 01:16:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sharky

Quote from: Nygeel on January 14, 2012, 08:50:14 AM
Let's say you lost weight and have extra skin around your muffin top/lower stomach area. Would it be possible to use that as a skin graft and with that, do a tummy tuck?

I don't think extra skin from weight loss has all they layers needed.

I wonder if they could use boobs.

•  

anibioman

hi im not sure whether i want bottom or not. i really want to pee standing with little to no effort and i dont want a frontal hole. for other things i can make due with a prosthetic.

now my views on the pros and cons of a meta as thats what i would get if i was going to get bottom.

pros
-erotic sensation (so i can jack off)
-no frontal hole
-pee standing
-boners

cons
-tiny so no penetration
-floating up balls
-complications
-awkward looking

King Malachite

Quote from: Sharky on January 14, 2012, 10:46:02 PM
I don't think extra skin from weight loss has all they layers needed.

I wonder if they could use boobs.

I thought about that but isn't the skin utilzed during top surgery?  I know some parts of the aerola may be lost depending on the surgery but if it that part could be preserved for a long time maybe it could add a tiny bit of girth if top and bottom surgery are done within a reasonable amount of time.
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

wheat thins are delicious

Quote from: Malachite on January 15, 2012, 01:46:47 AM
I thought about that but isn't the skin utilzed during top surgery?  I know some parts of the aerola may be lost depending on the surgery but if it that part could be preserved for a long time maybe it could add a tiny bit of girth if top and bottom surgery are done within a reasonable amount of time.

You are probably thinking of peri (incision is around the areola) or keyhole (similar to peri but incision doesn't go around the whole areola) surgeries where no actual skin tissue is removed usually.  DI removes all the skin and breast tissue, the only part utilized is part from the nipples and areola to make the nipple graft.  They cut above the breast and below the breast, remove that and then sew the parts closed to make the incisions.

Here's a video of a double incision surgery. Warning: It's graphic as it features surgery footage.

But I don't think they could use the left over parts because I don't think they could perform DI and phallo at the same time, it would be too much of a shock on your body. 

•  

King Malachite

Quote from: Andy8715 on January 15, 2012, 02:58:14 PM
You are probably thinking of peri (incision is around the areola) or keyhole (similar to peri but incision doesn't go around the whole areola) surgeries where no actual skin tissue is removed usually.  DI removes all the skin and breast tissue, the only part utilized is part from the nipples and areola to make the nipple graft.  They cut above the breast and below the breast, remove that and then sew the parts closed to make the incisions.

Here's a video of a double incision surgery. Warning: It's graphic as it features surgery footage.

But I don't think they could use the left over parts because I don't think they could perform DI and phallo at the same time, it would be too much of a shock on your body.

Speaking of that video I was watching that last night but I was referring to the double incision with the free nipple grafting.  From what I've read it's possible to lose some of the outside of the aerola.
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

Yeah and all of the breast tissue basically which is what I'm saying.  They only use a small circle of each areola to make the nipples.

Depending on your breast size they could use the tissue (if you were rather large) because they'd have to make up for the hole (where the graft came from) that is right in the center of the tissue.

•  

slammed.82

I had a meta done last year then upgraded to a phallo. I say having bottom surgery is all pro. I couldn't imagine going through life with my vajajay down there...but that's just me, I love my penis.
  •  

mm

slammed.82, great to hear can you give us some of the details, who was the surgeon, hpw many surgeries, etc
  •  

sneakersjay

I had a meta.

I believe Dr. Miro does MLD phallos.

Pros:

It's a PENIS.
I can pee at urinals.
Full sensation.
NO HOLE.

Cons:
Expense.
Size.

BUT: yes, we'd all like a "normal" sized penis.  However, many cis-men have very small penises (1-3") and they deal with it.  Very few run out and try to get phallos or other 'enhancement' surgeries.  A penis that works isn't always worth the risk for another that might not work in the way they are accustomed.

It is a HUGE surgery and will take a physical toll on you.  Yes, there are risks, but there are risks when you get into your car in the morning.  It was a risk I was willing to take to get rid of THE HOLE.

Jay

•  

Darrin Scott

•  

Rita

Many guys don't have any noticeable bulge, and if say you wanted to be slightly larger they actually have male extensions ^.^.  Think strap on for men O-o just not feminine or scary.

Just food for thought, and only on a physical level.  You have to be emotionally happy more than anything, and I feel sexual health is one of those things people are willing to give away but when its gone theres no going back.
  •  

sneakersjay

Quote from: Darrin Scott on October 05, 2012, 08:28:52 AM
I'm curious. How much is meta and phallo?

Cost of meta including travel to Serbia was approx $17000.  I don't know current cost of phallo.

•  

myles

I have gone back and forth about bottom surgery. I went to Gender Odyessy this year and attended every bottom surgery session available and have decided on Meta. I did find that there are a lot of myths out there about Phalo and think if you are interested in that option you should definitley do some research as things are changing all the time. I think in the end you have to decide what is important to you. I relate the most to Jay being a bit older and just wanting to get rid of the hole. I have three teenagers and most of my $$ will be going to college   and a partner I have been with for over 20 years so based on price, what I need it for and other things I picked meta. I will go to Serbia in a few years if all goes well.
If at all possible I suggest anyone that can attend Gender Odyssey.
Cheers Myles
an old timer checking back in
"A life lived in fear is a life half lived"
  •  

szikha

I had phallo.Happy with it i have only pro's;
Peeing trhouhg the whoie penis
Can orgasme
Have feeling (really good)
It really looks like a penis so i dont have to worry

But the route to phalloplasty was hard yes
So there are some cons
In belgium they do all in one surgery (exept implants and erectile)
-creating phallus (frore arm)
-glans
- total urethal lengting
-scrotoplasty
-remove vaginal and closed it

Operation time on mine was 6 ours
Had to stay on my back for 8 days
Total hospital time: 16 days

Had urologic problems so needed several operations
Thats somethime mentally hard

Now, some years later.No problems.had nothing to pay (in my country it is free)
So i have no cons only pro
Arm scar isnt that bad.In all those years nobody ever told me what i had done

•  

Snowman77

Quote from: Elijah on January 13, 2012, 03:06:57 PM
ok my personal opinion?

pros- you can pee standing up naturally
you wont have to pack
you can have sex in a more normal male way
no more vagina

cons- (this may not all be fact, but what I have heard)
may not be able to feel any sensation (this alone outweighs all of the pros for me)
may not be able to orgasm
the cost
the giant scar from where they took skin to make it
you have to pump up the device inside to get hard (i would want to get hard for real, blood, not a pump)
it doesn't look natural enough for me

and that ^ is for phallo, which despite the pros, isnt worth it to me

but medio, that seems more worth it, the surgery where they take the enlarged clit and turn it into a micro penis.

pros
can pee from it
looks more natural (natural for a micro penis)
it gets hard naturally
no more vagina
you can still feel sensation

cons
the cost
its small
you would probably still have to pack while in tight pants
more difficult to have penetration sex

I couldn't agree more with you. :D ;D :)
[countdown=MONTH,DAY,YEAR,HOUR,MINUTE][/countdown]
http://www.susans.org/forums/Smileys/susans/afro.gif
  •  

slammed.82

Quote from: mm on October 04, 2012, 10:59:59 AM
slammed.82, great to hear can you give us some of the details, who was the surgeon, hpw many surgeries, etc

Both were done in Montreal. Funded by the province here in Canada. The meta wasn't enough for me, there are a lot of lies out there about metas. I love my phallo, they did a great job, no complications. The only thing I'd fix is the head/glans..I think it could look better, but that's just cosmetic. Fully functional, orgasmic. Montreal does the radial forearm technique.
  •  

mm

slammed82, did you have a erection device implanted as well?  Sounds like you have great results and encourage me to think more about getting a phallo.  I have thinking more about getting a meta up until now.  Having a normal full size penis sounds so great to me and if I could get an erection too.
  •  

Trent Licon

So far from reading all of this I would lean towards Meta.
Smaller penis but it looks more natural.

And from what I looked up with Phalos...
-scarring can be horrible.
-Many complications for years.

Only pro is full penetration, but I don't think I would need that to please my girl.

**My only question is, after a full sex change bottom and top, is it possible to get a girl pregnant or no? This may be a stupid question but I just have no idea.
I wanna be me, it's as simple as that.
  •  

Quote from: Trent Licon on November 22, 2012, 01:32:59 PM
So far from reading all of this I would lean towards Meta.
Smaller penis but it looks more natural.

And from what I looked up with Phalos...
-scarring can be horrible.
-Many complications for years.

Only pro is full penetration, but I don't think I would need that to please my girl.

**My only question is, after a full sex change bottom and top, is it possible to get a girl pregnant or no? This may be a stupid question but I just have no idea.

From the phallos I've seen the scaring isn't that bad.

No.  It will never be possible for a biological female to get someone pregnant.

•  

anibioman

Quote from: Trent Licon on November 22, 2012, 01:32:59 PM
no you have no balls so no getting people pregnant.