Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

How to let a girl down gently?

Started by Mr.Rainey, January 21, 2012, 03:48:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Felix

Lol, douche waffle.

I just tell people I don't have the time or the emotional space for any kind of meaningful and reciprocal relationship. It tends to work a lot better than just avoiding the person, or reassuring them that they are good (which can lead them on).
everybody's house is haunted
  •  

Zerro

A simple "I don't feel we are compatible, but I'm flattered that you like me and find me attractive" will do. Just be firm in your position, but don't be rude and abrasive. It's best overall if you're calm, respectful, and kind. If she's hurt, that's understandable. If she lashes out or tries to press the issue, calmly exit the situation and hold your ground if she continues to pursue you. If your answer is no, it should remain as such. Don't get her hopes up with a "maybe" or "I'll think about it", because that's just cruel and does not deter the person you are trying to let down. I don't know how close you are to her, or if you are even friends, so my advice stops there. D:

•