Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

XXY and periodically being hypersensitive and emotional

Started by Artemis, February 08, 2012, 07:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Artemis

I (currently presenting as a male) have this experience that every 4-5 wks during a few days (5-7) I'm much more sensitive to almost anything: sounds, smells, voices, music, during these days I will also cry more often then during other times.

Are there more people (with XXY) who experience something like this?
"Speak only if you can improve on the silence."
  •  

Meshi

Yes. All of the time, lol!  Alot of mood swings.  I can get depressed very easily then the during the day be in a somewhat good mood.  Sometimes I am very sensitive to what people have to say, even if they dont mean anything by it.
  •  

Michelle G

Same here...I always thought it was just me, nice to hear I'm not alone....I can be a moody bi**ch those days!
Just a "California Girl" trying to enjoy each sunny day
  •  

madirocks

All the time!! I had been taking hormones though which seemed to help a bit.
  •  

V M

The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

MiaOhMya!

Yes I experienced something very similar. It was hard to distinguish the cause, whether psychological, chemical, or hormonal, and that was the toughest part. After many pills and therapy sessions almost by chance the best thing I ever found to subdue that cycle was HRT. I dont understand just how it worked, but after a few months on HRT my moods stabilised greatly, depression lifted, and my energy levels rose too (thats another thing I used to experience cyclically... bouts of lethargy, sleepiness and malaise...tough stuff to endure!)

As I said, I don't know the exact mechanism of action, but HRT was rather like coming home...and removed those past symptoms almost alltogether.
  •  

Michelle G

warning:  Today is one of "those" days ;) even the cat is in hiding lol

Good thing its Sunday and I'm not expecting customers
Just a "California Girl" trying to enjoy each sunny day
  •  

madirocks

Quote from: MiaOhMya! on April 22, 2012, 04:05:57 PM
Yes I experienced something very similar. It was hard to distinguish the cause, whether psychological, chemical, or hormonal, and that was the toughest part. After many pills and therapy sessions almost by chance the best thing I ever found to subdue that cycle was HRT. I dont understand just how it worked, but after a few months on HRT my moods stabilised greatly, depression lifted, and my energy levels rose too (thats another thing I used to experience cyclically... bouts of lethargy, sleepiness and malaise...tough stuff to endure!)

As I said, I don't know the exact mechanism of action, but HRT was rather like coming home...and removed those past symptoms almost alltogether.

I've had the exact same problems. It's almost as if you're going through menopause. I'm unable to start hrt right now, but the vitamins have helped quite a bit. They particularly helped with my mood, if nothing else. I can not express how eager I am to start HRT though.
  •  

Shawn Sunshine

Wow this is interesting, cause in 6 days or so I should know for sure If I am XXY or perhaps something else. I too have frequent periods that last days where I am super emotional and moody and cry at the simplest thing. I am normally a nice person and i sometimes get very cranky and will snap at someone if I am super stressed. Because I am so emotional my parents did not know how to deal with me. My Step Dad and even my bio dad could not fully understand why I was not the typical son growing up.
Shawn Sunshine Strickland The Strickalator

#SupergirlsForJustice
  •  

Meshi

I know this thread is older, but there is an herb called Holy Basil..(comes in capsule form).  You can get this herb at most supplement stores and even regular retail like Walgreens or Walmart..I think there is a 600mg one.  You take it just once a day and is supposed to help with balancing cortisol levels and to help in reducing stress.  It can be most beneficial with mood swings. It is relatively cheap too.
  •  

Artemis

Recently doc gave me (after me insisting on it) spironolactone. I haven't had another depressed day since. It's about 50 days since the last depressed period and I'm feeling better then ever?

My hypotheses is that my brain attempts to complete puberty, raises LH, this causes an increase of T and for whatever reason this removes serotonine from my body. Without serotonine I get deeply depressed as well as cramps in my lower abdomen because my intestines can't function without serotonine. After 3-5 days my brain shuts down to the point where it stops producing LH. Dropping LH results in dropping T. The remaining T gets processed into estrogen and without T to counter act the effects this explains my breasts and other feminine features.

Stuff that only needs to be triggered once by T like facial hair does develop somewhat, stuff that needs constant maintenance didn't develop or develops poorly. Stuff that is controlled by E does develop but only poorly because there is never enough around.

This must have gone on since I was about 10-12 years old? W
ith varying cycle lengths. So that about 5-25% of the time I had high T, low E, and am very depressed; While 95%-75% of the time I have low T and a slightly higher E and feel fine (except for the symptoms of menopause but I always had these so it's considered "normal" for me?)

Something like that will really screw up development?
  •  

RAY

Artemis, I suffer from same things since my teen years. I not sure I can take herbs since I am on many medications. I would like to be on low dose E if it will help with my depression, PTSD, bipolar etc... . This has bother in recent years to where I just live in type of mental fog. :icon_tears:
  •  

Artemis

Quote from: RAY on August 06, 2012, 01:11:04 AM
Artemis, I suffer from same things since my teen years. I not sure I can take herbs since I am on many medications. I would like to be on low dose E if it will help with my depression, PTSD, bipolar etc... . This has bother in recent years to where I just live in type of mental fog. :icon_tears:

In my case shutting down T production works for me. And the "side effects" is either what I already had or effects that I would welcome. There is no downside for me.

I don't know if E would help?  I would like to try E in the future? Perhaps it would finally stop the symptoms of menopause?

Note that I'm still waiting for my first meeting with my gender therapist? It's almost a year ago that I asked to see one and I'm still waiting.

•  

MiaOhMya!

Yes I know what you mean by the menopause symptoms....especially I used to experience lethargy and hot flashes. During hot flashes I would be extra moody as I could not get comfy anywhere. Mind you they began in my late teens so I endured them as what I though was a normal part of life. The estradiol and Spiro has removed hot flashes, though I can still be moody however with less frequency and intensity.

Interesting what you said about the T levels and estrogen...you see for the longest time I never knew how "different" I actually was. It turns out that despite my odd body shape and other more private traits, I too developed facial and body hair. It was explained to me thay body hair development is controlled by FSH, or Follicle Stimulating Hormone, which is not a good indicator of overall T levels. Bloody FSH has wound up being a huge pain as body hair is a massive hassle.
  •  

Anindya

Sorry to add to an old topic, but a question has been asked that I would like to answer.

For years prior to discovering I was an XXY, I tracked the occurrences of my differences on a calendar and so came to the conclusion perhaps males have a period and that we are susceptible to perhaps much the same as what women are, maybe even the moon phases.

Talking with other males they asked me why I would put off stuff to certain times, what's wrong with now and so I said of my theory regarding the male period to which others could not sympathise so was it just me ?

And then I discover I am an xxy male and so different from the norm where given that extra x perhaps it is true what females are subject to we are also to a degree ?

But since xxy I have researched much and I do know the hormonal balance each of us have including the norm fluctuates weekly, daily, hourly and of course as each minutes passes by, but the balance become more fragile as we age, where many of us need to take supplemental hormones to maintain a more even keel.

But here's a thing, this male androgen how effective is it with xxy, because I produce high levels of the stuff, yet I am assexual and suffer no get up and go and many symptoms thought to be caused by male androgen deficiency where I do know what thinking there is about xxy has been caused by studying xy, where through having an extra x chromosome we are not xy males and so why are we treated as such ?

But the long awaited geneticist at the end of this week, they mention going on T I will be walking out as I am not interested in becoming any more male than I already am but I must admit, I do have an interest in becoming more feminine than I currently am, which will probably put the horror into stuck in their ways mentalities.
Yeah XXY
  •  

Rebecca Perez

Quote from: Artemis on February 08, 2012, 07:38:25 AM
I (currently presenting as a male) have this experience that every 4-5 wks during a few days (5-7) I'm much more sensitive to almost anything: sounds, smells, voices, music, during these days I will also cry more often then during other times.

Are there more people (with XXY) who experience something like this?

I'm not XXY but PAIS, and I can relate. My spouse calls them my periods, lol. Moodiness, prone to cry, irritability, sex drive goes from nothing to crazy and another thing I don't feel comfortable mentioning. A while back I had my endocrine system and it is reversed (in other words, it works more like a female than a male).

Good to know this is not uncommon. Oh, and every  month it lasts 3-5 days as well.
  •  

Illuminess

I think I'm the only person I know (IRL) born biologically male who is as moody and emotionally sensitive as a cis woman. I complain all the time, too, about my house mates being inconsiderate, disrespectful and slobbish. I really need to be on HRT already; like, last year. I'm so tired of this male-shaped husk. It needs to properly reflect the bitch inside! :P
△ ☾ Rıνεя Aяıп Lαυяıε ☽ △

"Despair holds a sweetness that only an artist's tongue can taste."Illuminess
  •  

Balerie

Quote from: Illuminess on October 18, 2014, 01:02:52 AM
I think I'm the only person I know (IRL) born biologically male who is as moody and emotionally sensitive as a cis woman.

I can relate. Its hard to have been born male and be so damn sensitive that I'll cry watching any old thing on TV or at the movies. I really am hypersensitive to the point that I get more weepy and moody than my wife. If I didn't know I was XXY I'd think I was failing my manhood.

•  

Sydney_NYC

Quote from: Illuminess on October 18, 2014, 01:02:52 AM
I think I'm the only person I know (IRL) born biologically male who is as moody and emotionally sensitive as a cis woman. I complain all the time, too, about my house mates being inconsiderate, disrespectful and slobbish. I really need to be on HRT already; like, last year. I'm so tired of this male-shaped husk. It needs to properly reflect the bitch inside! :P

I know exactly how you mean. (I'm XXY, mosaic.) When my now wife and I were first dating about 19 years ago. We were discovering what worked for us sexually. She said that she had never met a guy as sensitive and caring as I was when I presented male. (Our sex was always more lesbian oriented and not much PIV sex.) The first time we were naked together, afterwards I was laying in bed and she pulled the sheets and looked examining my crotch area closely. I asked what was she doing. She said "I'm looking for your vagina. The way you are, there has to be one in there somewhere."

You think that would have been a clue for me to come out back then, but I had no clue then that transitioning was even a reality.
Sydney

Born - 1970
Came Out To Self/Wife - Sept-21-2013
Started therapy - Oct-15-2013
Laser and Electrolysis - Oct-24-2013
HRT - Dec-12-2013
Full time - Mar-15-2014
Name change  - June-23-2014
GCS - Nov-2-2017 (Dr Rachel Bluebond-Langner)

•  

Allyda

I myself even with full transition dose hrt suffer from monthly cycles that very closely resemble a cis woman's, although hrt has somewhat lessened their intensity. However xxy isn't my only chromasome, or genetic abnormality. I also have a uterus, and one ovary. I only have one testicle that never dropped, and a way smaller than average penis all set lower between my legs. I have a second set of chromasomes which are normal xx which explains a lot when it comes to my monthly cycles.

Hopefully my genital and internal birth defects will be corrected soon when I have my GRS. But until then I'll continue to suffer monthly. I've always hated the "H" word(Hermaphrodite) when used to describe what I am due to the fact it has been used in a derogatory manner against me during verbal bullying or abuse.

Many of you are correct in that your body is generally trying to complete puberty but can't without hrt one way or another ie: whether you stay male or decide to transition. I wish you all my very best in dealing with being xxy.

Ally :icon_flower:
Allyda
Full Time August 2009
HRT Dec 27 2013
VFS [ ? ]
FFS [ ? ]
SRS Spring 2015

•