Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Can someone define what is a NON-OP TRANSSEXUAL exactly?

Started by Sad Girl, February 14, 2012, 11:55:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sad Girl

(mtf)

1. Is it someone born male who is fully a girl in her head but don't want to operate just cos of circumstancial factors as family, reputation, work etc... so she lives her daily life like a man but is a girl in her head confirmedly?

2. Is it someone born male, wants to become and live like a woman but cannot operate due to medical factors as age, illness?

3. Is it someone born male and transitions upto a certain limits, like does all FFS, boob implants but REFUSES to complete SRS INTENTIONALLY cos she is happy keeping her male genitals and in slang is what they call >-bleeped-</Ladyboy(no offense to anyone)

4. Is it someone born male who CANNOT transition whatsever cos she just lacks money to throughout her entire life?

Someone please CLARIFY, still I don't get this term, neither do I understand what is ANDROGYNE. For me is someone who appears dual. Please explain both, thanks.
  •  

Beth Andrea

No need for exact definition, imho. The more exact, the more exclusive it becomes.

To me, a non-op TS is a TS who has chosen to not have The Surgery for whatever reason, or who is medically advised to not have it.

"Androgyne", to me, is someone who wants/needs to appear as neither/both genders, but does not wish any body modifications thru HRT or surgery.

(I could be wrong though...I'm not a source of gospel)

:)
...I think for most of us it is a futile effort to try and put this genie back in the bottle once she has tasted freedom...

--read in a Tessa James post 1/16/2017
  •  

Bishounen

Quote from: Beth Andrea on February 14, 2012, 12:01:32 PM
No need for exact definition, imho. The more exact, the more exclusive it becomes.

To me, a non-op TS is a TS who has chosen to not have The Surgery for whatever reason, or who is medically advised to not have it.

"Androgyne", to me, is someone who wants/needs to appear as neither/both genders, but does not wish any body modifications thru HRT or surgery.

(I could be wrong though...I'm not a source of gospel)

:)

Good description. :)
Although I have to point out that many Androgynes may indeed wish to modify their bodies, too.
Either to a more "neutral" state, or, as a member just the other day here on Susan's had done, that had had a full bodily transition including SRS, but yet identified as Androgyne and lived as such.
  •  

Julian

Androgynes can vary a lot. The one unifying factor seems to be that androgynes do not identify as male or female, but somewhere in between. They can live as their assigned-at-birth gender without modifying their body or appearance. They can transition fully to the opposite sex and live as the sex opposite to the one they were assigned at birth. Or they can transition to somewhere in the middle. That's what I'm doing. ;D For androgynes, it really just comes down to an internal sense of identity.
  •  

Shantel

I am genetically male but at one time got this bug in my head that I would rather become female. Went on female hormones, got my upper eyelids done, a neck lift, orchiectomy (surgical castration), wore my hair long, got my ears pierced, had a pre-SRS consultation with Dr. Marcie Bowers and suddenly one day went WTF???

Got rid of the diamond stud earrings, got a buzz haircut and came to the final resting place where I'm happy where I am right in the middle. I can present well either way I wish at any time, but prefer just being me as I am right now. That's androgynous (a gender ambiguous human being.) A post-op transsexual is one who has had sexual reassignment surgery (SRS), or more appropriately described as gender reassignment surgery (GRS).
  •  

Stephe

Most accurate I can think of is someone who lives (or would like to live) as the gender opposite their birth sex but doesn't feel the need for GRS as part of this.
  •  

spacial

I'm no-op without choice.

For me, I see the term non- as a qualifier, like American transsexual, working transsexual or drunk transsexual.

If I may, I prefer the term transgender. My sex is no-one's business. Though I appreciate that is a can of worms.

Also, either term would need to be justified with context. I am me. A human. If some aspect of my life needs to be highlighted then so be it.
  •  

Wil Najera

in my opinion a NON-OP transsexual is a transsexual who transitions, but doesnt undergo GRS. you dont have to get surgery to be trans.
~wiLeeuhm~
  •  

patstar

Quote from: Stephe on February 19, 2012, 12:30:29 AM
Most accurate I can think of is someone who lives (or would like to live) as the gender opposite their birth sex but doesn't feel the need for GRS as part of this.

Hmmm, yes that describes my situation and I would certainly guess that is the most common explanation.  I would even hazard to guess that in this day and age non-ops make up at least as large a percentage of the transsexual population as do the alternative, but for some (obvious?) reason are much less inclined to be vocal.
Well wishes to all. Patrice
  •  

Cadence Jean

I'm not big into labels either.  They take away the details that make us all unique.  On a very general level, if I want to give someone the "quick and dirty" description of myself, I would say that I'm a non-op transgirl.  To get more specific, I've had an orchiectomy, but I have no problem keeping my penis, and I'm concerned about the cost of GRS, the small amount of help it would give me in being accepted by society at large as a woman, and the complications that my body tends to have post-surgery.
to make more better goodness

I have returned to recording on TransByDef!  Watch us at: https://www.youtube.com/TransByDef
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Cadence Jean on March 14, 2012, 09:19:09 PM
I'm not big into labels either.  They take away the details that make us all unique.  On a very general level, if I want to give someone the "quick and dirty" description of myself, I would say that I'm a non-op transgirl.  To get more specific, I've had an orchiectomy, but I have no problem keeping my penis, and I'm concerned about the cost of GRS, the small amount of help it would give me in being accepted by society at large as a woman, and the complications that my body tends to have post-surgery.

Count me with you on this one girlfriend!
  •  

Kyyn

Quote from: Sad Girl on February 14, 2012, 11:55:46 AM
(mtf)

1. Is it someone born male who is fully a girl in her head but don't want to operate just cos of circumstancial factors as family, reputation, work etc... so she lives her daily life like a man but is a girl in her head confirmedly?

2. Is it someone born male, wants to become and live like a woman but cannot operate due to medical factors as age, illness?

3. Is it someone born male and transitions upto a certain limits, like does all FFS, boob implants but REFUSES to complete SRS INTENTIONALLY cos she is happy keeping her male genitals and in slang is what they call >-bleeped-</Ladyboy(no offense to anyone)

4. Is it someone born male who CANNOT transition whatsever cos she just lacks money to throughout her entire life?

Someone please CLARIFY, still I don't get this term, neither do I understand what is ANDROGYNE. For me is someone who appears dual. Please explain both, thanks.

ALL OF THE ABOVE :D

I am personally against surgery. It's just not for me. Unless they can magic me a real working penis - I'm not interested. I'm seeking other means to make myself male enough to be happy.

Non-OP is just as it is. Everyone will have a different story.
  •  

Shantel

To clarify my own situation since people have been curious and asked in PM's. I was born male but wished to live as a composite man/woman and will not submit to SRS partially due to age and marital status and because it would be to no avail and cost more than I'd wish to waste on something no man will ever see. I transitioned to a certain point with HRT, FFS, Electrolysis, developed boobs but have settled for an orchiectomy rather than SRS and am living out my remaining years as an androgynous person. Different strokes for different folks, this is what floats my boat!
  •  

King Malachite

This makes me think about my situation.  I'm currently presenting in my birth sex because there are no resources around me and I am still dependant on my mom who wouldn't approve but I do plan on doing it one day.  I just don't know when.  Would that classify me as non-op for the time being?  Or would that still be pre-op?  Or maybe just a wishful-op?
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

Renee D

Quote from: Malachite on April 04, 2012, 03:27:59 PM
This makes me think about my situation.  I'm currently presenting in my birth sex because there are no resources around me and I am still dependant on my mom who wouldn't approve but I do plan on doing it one day.  I just don't know when.  Would that classify me as non-op for the time being?  Or would that still be pre-op?  Or maybe just a wishful-op?
I would put you in the pre-transition stage.  If you want the full surgery, then you'd be pre-op, even if it was a long time before you could afford it. Non op would be definitely not getting it or not wanting it for whatever reason be it medical or choice. So you would go in the pre-transition, pre-operative ftm transexual box. Don't worry, I made air holes in it for you.
  •  

King Malachite

Quote from: Jaime on April 04, 2012, 03:37:12 PM
I would put you in the pre-transition stage.  If you want the full surgery, then you'd be pre-op, even if it was a long time before you could afford it. Non op would be definitely not getting it or not wanting it for whatever reason be it medical or choice. So you would go in the pre-transition, pre-operative ftm transexual box. Don't worry, I made air holes in it for you.

I thought that may have been the case for me.  Btw those air holes are too small. o.o
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

Stealthy

All of those things listed could be considered non-op. A non-op transwoman is any transwoman who doesn't get SRS. When it comes to transguys, the definition of 'non-op' becomes way more complicated-only a minority of transguys end up getting bottom surgery, because both meta and phallo are s**t options right now. I would define a non-op transguy as one who doesn't get top OR bottom surgery, or any other surgeries that transguys sometimes get (I've heard of facial masculinization surgery and 'mansculpting' lipo, but those are really rare because T usually works well enough).
Pronouns: shi/hir

•  

justmeinoz

I'd go with Stealthy's definition, as the surgical options for the blokes are still very limited, unfortunately.
I have debated surgery for a while now, and will almost certainly try to have SRS within the next 12 months, but if I cannot proceed for some reason beyond my control, would be able to live without it.  It is just one of several options.

Karen.
"Don't ask me, it was on fire when I lay down on it"
  •  

Kevin Peña

As far as I am concerned, simply a transsexual who doesn't wish to undergo surgery as part of transition.
  •