Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

skin peel

Started by harbour, October 04, 2005, 03:12:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

harbour

hey,
this is embarrising to admit to but i think my skin is a little bad and i was considering seeing a dermatologist about this... has anyone had a gylcolic skin peel? and also would it interfere with when i could start electrolysis?
  •  

KyleW

Harbour--
I haven't experience a gylcolic skin peel, however, I've had some chem experience.  Basically what you are doing is using glycolic acid to remove the top couple of layers of skin to stimulate skin growth (and remove the old stuff).  Glycolic acid is one of the 'smallest' alpha hydroxy acids (this would be what is referred to by most "alpha hydroxy" skin treatments).  Most things of this sort can be rather effective in helping to improve damaged, 'bad' skin...however you should use care to not use these products on broken skin or more frequently then recommended by the manufacturer.  There are many good products out there to help with skin issues (dependent on the area wishing to be treated).  Oddly enough, I have found alot of the Mary Kay products to be very helpful in correcting my own skin problems.  They have even come out with a new line of 'microderm' abrasion.  Just a thought.  Hope this helps.

--KyleW
  •  

harbour

wow i forgot about this one, well i went to the dermatologist and they sold me some antibiotics and a big tub of this "recommended" cleanser (like i wasnt cleansing before) andd its workin! they suggested electric light therapy (or something) to clear up a few pigmentation problems on my nose but i havent seen them in a few weeks and i just made an appiontment with another clinic for electrolysis, i was thinking about asking the second clinic about their opnion, or going back to the first and asking about electrolysis

ahh do both, its easier and smarter (they both give free consultations)
  •