Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

how am I supposed to deal with my period returning?

Started by Jeh, March 08, 2012, 03:07:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeh

So Canada ran out of injectable testosterone completely. I missed a dose, and then switched to pills, which I took for about 3 weeks. On Monday, injectable testosterone was back in stock, albeit a different brand. So I was switched to that. I did my shot around 2 am on Tuesday morning, 2 days ago.

This afternoon, to my horror, I got my period. I haven't had a period for an entire year.

I called my endocrinologist to say this is not ok, is it going to keep happening, and he thinks it's just from switching from injectable to pills then back to injectables.

I'm scared, since it's a different brand of injectable, that it won't work as well. What if I keep getting my period?

I am very upset right now. How do I deal with a period after finally being free of them for a year? I don't have any girl underwear to stick pads to. I don't want to go buy pads when I'm obviously a guy. (And tampons are completely not ever happening).

Has anyone had their period return after such a long period of time? What the hell do I do? I can't go into a male washroom to change my pad.
  •  

wheat thins are delicious

I'm not a doctor but I think it's probably only temporary.  If it doesn't go away after a couple of months I would talk to the endo. 

In the meantime, get a pair of men's briefs and ask someone who knows you are trans to buy the pads for you, but honestly, if you pass to the cashier she will probably think you are buying them for your gf/mom/sister/best friend/coworker

•  

Dominick_81

I'm so sorry you got your period back. That sucks. Hopefully it is just temperately. But like Andy said, if it doesn't go away after a couple of months I would talk to the endo. 
  •  

Robert Scott

I hadn't had my period for seven months and this past month I got mine -- through me through a loop -- lucky for me I have a wife who had stuff.  It suxed!  I was in a foul mood for a couple days while it lasted.  My doctor is unsure why it happened but she is going to monitor it
  •  

mm

I feel for you, getting a period after you through you were done with ever having one again. You have to deal with the flow hopefully this one time only.  I am pre t, but using the men's restrooms and I do change tampons a couple of days a month in there.  I try to go when there are less chance of being other guys in there.  I just go into a stall pull out the old tampon rap it in tissue and open the new one with my hands almost completely close so no real noise.  I put it  in and take the old one and put it deep in the trash, never have been seen that I know.  I hope you the best with yours this one time.
  •