Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

The opposite of shadow

Started by Padma, March 14, 2012, 05:05:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Padma

I'm not generally a makeup kind of gal. But since I began getting laser treatment, all my facial hair (which was most of it) that's still growing through is pure white. This is obviously less visible than the shadow, but I'm wondering whether anyone has experience/suggestions about covering up white stubble? It grows through quite slowly, so it's only really noticeable after 24 hours. But it's starting to bug me, so until the far-off day when I get it all electrolysised away, any thoughts?
Womandrogyneâ„¢
  •  

Jeneva

I've had the same thing happen.  And it isn't white like silver/gray/white hairs, but rather PURE white just like you said.  Personally I think it is damaged hair and as it heals it gets color back and then gets zapped later.  I've had 6 treatments so far, but I do believe that it is gradually dying off.  I prepaid for my eyebrows, underarms, forearms, and chest while they had a winter special running (extra 15% off packages and running a 25% off gift certificates that could be used immediately), and I'm planning on just having her do an extra pass of my facial hair area each session of that (they only charge $50 for a touch up).

My white area is MUCH sparser than before and I think when I finally am done with laser everywhere I will be able to wax it because it isn't so thick.  But overall I still shave every day or two just to clear that stubble because it does kind of poke through and looks funny.
Blessed Be!

Jeneva Caroline Samples
  •  

Padma

You can't tell from my photo, but my hair is almost all white :). So my facial hair was more white than dark, and the dark stuff has been eradicated. I'm looking for something to cover that up effectively until I get it removed. Some of it will still be got by the laser, because some of it will still have dark roots, but most is going to stay put, alas.
Womandrogyneâ„¢
  •