Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Foundation Help/dark baggy eyes

Started by Pippa, April 01, 2012, 11:10:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pippa

I struggle to get a foundation to match my skin tone.  I have pretty average skin colour, standard caucasian but I find that biege foundation is slightly dark but a porcelain foundation is too light.  Some tones are, despite being mid range are too orangy.  Is there a truely neutral shade out there.

Also, possibly due to stress, I have developed really dark bags under my eyes.  I have tried virtually every eye cream on the market but still have to use tons of concealer and corrector.  Anyone else had this problem (I am a contact lense wearer)?

Help would be appreciated.
  •  

Rory

Hi! One of the best things you can do for dark under-eyes is to use something with a salmon-hued pigmentation to it. Because of the contrast, the color will help to neutralize the darker blueish black. Hope that helps some!
  •  

Ms. OBrien CVT

If you have one shade that is just a little light and one that is just a little dark, try mixing them on the back of you hand and see if that matches better.

Also match a shade to the web of your hand.  It is usually close to the shade for the face.

It does not take courage or bravery to change your gender.  It takes fear of living one more day in the wrong one.~me
  •  

Rory

Depending on your make up routine, you can also try using a liquid foundation and a powder foundation (to set it) of two different shades. It generally works ok and without being too caked on.
  •  

Fairy In Boots

Quote from: Pippa on April 01, 2012, 11:10:21 AM
I struggle to get a foundation to match my skin tone.  I have pretty average skin colour, standard caucasian but I find that biege foundation is slightly dark but a porcelain foundation is too light.  Some tones are, despite being mid range are too orangy.  Is there a truely neutral shade out there.

Also, possibly due to stress, I have developed really dark bags under my eyes.  I have tried virtually every eye cream on the market but still have to use tons of concealer and corrector.  Anyone else had this problem (I am a contact lens wearer)?

Help would be appreciated.

Bags or circles?  Bags or puffiness can be reduced with a dab or haemorrhoid cream (strange but true), and if you do a weekly facial masque, ten minutes with cucumber slices really does help out a little.

Dark circles are best treated with a salmon/slightly-orangely-pink concealer applied with a sponge-tip applicator and blended with fingertips.

If you have trouble finding a foundation that matches your skintone, Maybelline Fit Me is available in eighteen shades, and Manic Panic makes a white liquid foundation that you can mix with any other liquid foundation to get a perfect match --I'm naturally very pale, and I swear by this stuff.
Sex: FTM
Sexuality: Phallocentric
  •