Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Cat Food.

Started by Jayr, April 15, 2012, 04:07:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayr

Which brand do you feed your cat, and what kind within that brand?

Just wondering. I changed my cats food because it was cheaper and it just made me wonder.

Before my cat ate ''Iams; Indoor Weight & Hairball Care Cat Food'' and now she has ''Whiskas: Meaty selection''

•  

supremecatoverlord

My cats are fed Purina hard food (not sure what kind) and are each fed a can of Fancy Feast cat food at dinner time.
They also have a variety of brands of treats that they are given from time to time.

In short, my cats are spoiled.
Meow.

•  

Ms. OBrien CVT

I always use Purina.  Purina, Royal Canin, and Hills are the top rated by veterinarians.

It does not take courage or bravery to change your gender.  It takes fear of living one more day in the wrong one.~me
  •  

Bexi

My cat is extremely picky and will only eat the expensive patès from the individual tins, and only chicken.

Solid food is usually Whiskas Complete
Sometimes you have to trust people to understand you are not perfect
  •  

El Capitan

Jess only eats dry crunchies

these: 
  •  

paula otto

My F3 Savannah eats: Evo dry food and Taste of the Wild dry food, mixed together.

My Domestic Long Hair, is, the pickiest cat, in the whole wide world, I swear. So, keep that in mind, when, you read this please.  She eats, a quarter of a can of wet food, mixed with dry food, once a day. Plus, dry food. The brand of wet food, is Wellness. The flavors, she likes, are as follows: Turkey, Chicken, and Beef and Chicken. But, she, will also eat, the following flavors, as well: Turkey and Salmon, Chicken and Lobster, and Chicken and Hearing. Now, the dry foods, she will eat, with, that canned food, are as follows: Purina One, Taste Of the Wild, and Evo. The dry food, brand is: Natural Balance. The flavors, are as follows: Green Pea and Duck, Green Pea and Chicken, Green Pea and Salmon, and Alpha Cat.

My Domestic Short Hairs, eat, canned and dry food, mixed together. The brand of, canned food, they will eat is Friskies. They like almost any flavor. But, they prefer, shredded and fishy ones, the best. Examples are: Shredded Salmon and Chicken, Shredded Turkey and Cheese, Mariners Catch Pate, and Classic Pate Salmon dinner. The dry food, is Purina one.

•  

Renee D

My dog loves friskies and meow mix.
  •  

aleon515

I don't feed my cats dry food at all (I might put it in a foraging toy). See why:
http://catinfo.org/

My cats eat Instincts canned (which is way expensive, might do something cheaper if my male cat could handle it).

--Jay Jay
  •  

~RoadToTrista~

Meow Mix and Friskies!!!

Yeah, we're cheap. >.< I spoil my dog way more than my cats for some reason, lolz.
  •  

paula otto

Quote from: aleon515 on May 29, 2012, 07:06:06 PM
I don't feed my cats dry food at all (I might put it in a foraging toy). See why:

My cats eat Instincts canned (which is way expensive, might do something cheaper if my male cat could handle it).

--Jay Jay

What breed, is the cat, in your avatar?
  •  

aleon515

A Savannah (F6C), I see you have a Savannah as well. Hey hey! I was just about to comment on it when I saw your post.  :)

BTW, her spots have come out quite a lot as an adult. She didn't have a lot of contrast, but it's how I afforded her. :)

--Jay Jay
  •  

paula otto

Quote from: aleon515 on May 31, 2012, 01:03:26 AM
A Savannah (F6C), I see you have a Savannah as well. Hey hey! I was just about to comment on it when I saw your post.  :)

BTW, her spots have come out quite a lot as an adult. She didn't have a lot of contrast, but it's how I afforded her. :)

--Jay Jay

I was going to guess, F3 or F4. I think she looks great for an F6. Very nice and type cat, for sure  ;D! Could you post photo's of her, on this thread please: https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,57825.280.html? I really want to see, more picture's of her.

Also, my Savannah, can not have wet food. He is too food aggressive. He gets great grain free dry food and some whole raw prey daily.
  •  

LilDevilOfPrada

All 3 of mine munch down and wiskers and friskies.  With some billtong as treats :P
Awww no my little kitten gif site is gone :( sad.

2 Febuary 2011/13 June 2011 hrt began
  •  

dalebert

Quote from: aleon515 on May 29, 2012, 07:06:06 PM

You know, I've actually been wondering if my cat was showing signs of pre-diabetes symptoms. She is chubby and lethargic, eats small amounts frequently, and gets very annoyed when her bowl is empty for any period of time. I feed her mostly Science Diet dry but have given her canned food occasionally.

I'm going to try feeding her exclusively canned for a while. Thank you!

LilDevilOfPrada

Quote from: dalebert on January 08, 2013, 10:59:51 AM
You know, I've actually been wondering if my cat was showing signs of pre-diabetes symptoms. She is chubby and lethargic, eats small amounts frequently, and gets very annoyed when her bowl is empty for any period of time. I feed her mostly Science Diet dry but have given her canned food occasionally.

I'm going to try feeding her exclusively canned for a while. Thank you!

I would do this to but with 3 cats feeding them  on wet food would quadruple the monthly cat food cost which is quite insane.

•  

crazy at the coast

Quote from: ~RoadToTrista~ on May 29, 2012, 08:09:34 PM
Meow Mix and Friskies!!!

Yeah, we're cheap. >.< I spoil my dog way more than my cats for some reason, lolz.
My dog loves both of those cat foods. I've gotten those when I ran out of dog food because the local store only carries big dog food or canned, no little dog food.
  •  

~RoadToTrista~

Why not feed him big dog food? >.< Cat food isn't exactly good for dogs, lol.
  •  

LilDevilOfPrada

Quote from: ~RoadToTrista~ on January 08, 2013, 11:44:27 AM

Dry cat and dog food are both just cereal stuffed with deferent flavourents and a few vitamins.

•  

crazy at the coast

Quote from: ~RoadToTrista~ on January 08, 2013, 11:44:27 AM
Its just too big of pieces for him and its hard to get him to chew his food good, he tries to eat too fast. And its not that often and looking at the ingredients, its not that different from dog food. But he eats a bit of people food too.
  •