Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

A day at the races- Dark Caviar

Started by Cindy, April 28, 2012, 05:24:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cindy

I went to the big horse race today in Adelaide and everyone was out in the fashion stakes. It was great.

Very short dresses and very high heels are very popular. Don't drink if you decide to go that way, otherwise make sure you lingerie is cute because the guys will be seeing it. Walking in 4 inch heels for 4 hours is painful. Walking back to the car for a kilometre is killing, you have already done it once. I took fold up flats in my purse and used them on the long walks.

Long queues at the loos, get chatty, hope you don't chat to a drunk one. Take a small bag of wipes, the loo seat can be unpleasant :eusa_sick:  The whole loo can be disgusting, why do people drink?

Smile. Chat to woman asking where they got their gear, a real icebreaker. Most of the guys wanted to drink, bet, perve and talk to each other. So there were lots of girls a bit lost so they were all very friendly, looking cute, talking fashion and being rude about the guys. I heard more about peoples sex lives than I ever thought possible.

It was really good fun.

And I'm soaking my feet.

Cindy
  •  

Amazon D

Better you than me.. I rather be at the MWMF with no guys and womyn dressed however they please.

Bt alas i am here taking care of mom which also suits me fine..
I'm an Amazon womyn + very butch + respecting MWMF since 1999 unless invited. + I AM A HIPPIE

•  

V M

I bet even with the restrooms, drunk people and long hours in heals you had a great time Sis  :icon_chick:
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Jamie D

Quote from: Cindy James on April 28, 2012, 05:24:24 AM
I went to the big horse race today in Adelaide and everyone was out in the fashion stakes. It was great.

SNIP

And I'm soaking my feet.

Well, who won?

•  

V M

The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Jamie D

You can't make any money when a prohibitive favorite wins.  >:(
  •  

Jamie D

Australian mare Black Caviar unbeaten in 20 starts

ADELAIDE, Australia -- Star racehorse Black Caviar won her Australian-record 20th consecutive race on Saturday, as she prepares for her first international race at Britain's Royal Ascot.

The 5-year-old mare, owned by a consortium of families and friends in Melbourne, went off at odds of $1.04 to win on a $1 bet in the Sportingbet Classic at Morphettville race track.

Australian Broadcasting Corp. radio reported that while many race fans bet only a dollar to keep the winning ticket as a souvenir, one bettor placed $100,000 on Black Caviar, making a $4,000 profit from the horse's 70 seconds on the track.

Before a capacity crowd of 30,000, Black Caviar, ridden by regular jockey Luke Nolen, took the lead on the final turn and pulled away to a four-length win ahead of Sister Angel and Lone Rock, winning her ninth Group 1 race.

Full article at link above
  •  

Felix

I've never been to a horse (or greyhound) race, but I found a betting form on the bus once, and it was fascinating. I associate the races with drunkards and poets and ne-er-do-wells, but the form looked really mathy, like box scores or something.
everybody's house is haunted
  •  

Jamie D

Quote from: Felix on April 28, 2012, 10:48:51 PM
I've never been to a horse (or greyhound) race, but I found a betting form on the bus once, and it was fascinating. I associate the races with drunkards and poets and ne-er-do-wells, but the form looked really mathy, like box scores or something.

Yeah, me too!

•  

Felix

Quote from: Jamie D on April 28, 2012, 11:08:28 PM
Yeah, me too!

Now I'm picturing drunk racehorses tripping over one another. ;D
everybody's house is haunted
  •