News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

What anime are you watching now?

Started by JayKyle, May 06, 2012, 03:26:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shodan

Quote from: Kittenswithmittens on October 15, 2013, 12:43:21 PM
After a million recommendations I am now starting Cowboy Bebop. Also really appreciating tips in this thread, Kids on the Slope intrigued me now so I'll look into that. Cheers Shodan :) Just finished Mirai Nikki, really liked it.

Side note: Cowboy Bebop and Kids on the Slope is directed by the same guy.  ;D

•  

Kittenswithmittens

Quote from: Shodan on October 15, 2013, 02:01:06 PM
Side note: Cowboy Bebop and Kids on the Slope is directed by the same guy.  ;D

Hahahah RAAAH that's SO mean of you to say, now I'll have to rush through CB! Thanks for telling though, now it's defo on my top list. Really appreciated! :) (Also, don't be afraid to eventually PM me more suggestions for things to watch, not sure if there's another anime thread but I'll do some hardcore lurking)
"She had blue skin, and so did he. He kept it hid, and so did she. They searched for blue their whole life through, then passed right by - and never knew."
  •  

Lesley_Roberta

Right now, I am trying to fix a slump in my watching anime at all. I am suffering from some inner conflicts that has mangled my ability to devote the time.

The same hassles have also mangled my ability to dive into my books as well.

I'm hoping the cold winter days will convince me to curl up and watch a big bunch of anime and dive into some books between eps and allow me to get totally distracted :)
Well being TG is no treat, but becoming separated has sure caused me more trouble that being TG ever will be. So if I post, consider it me trying to distract myself from being lonely, not my needing to discuss being TG. I don't want to be separated a lot more than not wanting to be male looking.
  •  

Yukari-sensei

I'm too busy with coursework right now, but as soon as winter break comes around, I'm going to break out Kimagure Orange Road again... I miss that show!

Then I'm going to finally watch those Irresponsible Captain Tylor OVA's that are sitting on the shelf!
  •  

Dalex

I'm in the middle of re-watching Gravitation and Hellsing x3 Not any remotely close to one another in story line or art..... >.> But both are great :)
  •  

Kittenswithmittens

Quote from: Dalex on October 26, 2013, 06:00:18 AM
I'm in the middle of re-watching Gravitation and Hellsing x3 Not any remotely close to one another in story line or art..... >.> But both are great :)

I started my anime career with that one, haha! Ahh sweet memories! Thanks for mentioning it, thought it was considered dead content but guess not :D Ahh should watch it again sometimes haha. I just remember the storyline being so bad, but so much romance. :p
"She had blue skin, and so did he. He kept it hid, and so did she. They searched for blue their whole life through, then passed right by - and never knew."
  •  

Dalex

Quote from: Kittenswithmittens on October 26, 2013, 06:28:54 PM
I started my anime career with that one, haha! Ahh sweet memories! Thanks for mentioning it, thought it was considered dead content but guess not :D Ahh should watch it again sometimes haha. I just remember the storyline being so bad, but so much romance. :p

Gravitation is such a classic, for me at least xD Brings back memories :P Also read the manga, I think the first manga series that I finished reading all the way through.
  •  

maximusloverus

Quote from: Malachite on July 31, 2012, 02:44:10 PM
Right now I am starting on Sailor Moon R then I will start on S then Super S and if I can't find easy access to the Sailor Moon Stars season I will start on Cowboy Bebop since it's only like 26 episodes plus a movie which I've already seen so that shouldn't take me too long. 

I'm going to try to tap in to my inner "Otaku" by next year!  xD.  I probably won't last 1 week but I will try.
Try animecollector.com thats where I go when I need sailor moon anything lol currently watching samurai x: trust & betrayal there's just something about the suffering that I like
Oh how wrong we were to think that immortality meant never dying
  •  

Xhianil

Just binge watched angel beats, sword art online and guilty crown, i loved loved loved angel beats ending.
  •  

Carrie Liz

Quote from: Xhianil on November 11, 2013, 08:12:00 AM
Just binge watched angel beats, sword art online and guilty crown, i loved loved loved angel beats ending.

I don't think I've ever cried that much at the ending to an anime series before... Angel Beats is definitely one of my favorites!
  •  

JillSter

If anyone ever needs a Crunchyroll guest pass, just ask me. I always have them but I never have anyone to give them to. :)
  •  

Lo

Quote from: Jillian on November 13, 2013, 10:19:23 PM
If anyone ever needs a Crunchyroll guest pass, just ask me. I always have them but I never have anyone to give them to. :)

What do they do? I'm watching a show on there and there doesn't seem to be a need for one? Is there a limit to how many videos I can watch or something? D:!

PS- I'm watching Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet. Awkward name :V
  •  

JillSter

Quote from: Lo on November 18, 2013, 07:13:43 PM
What do they do? I'm watching a show on there and there doesn't seem to be a need for one? Is there a limit to how many videos I can watch or something? D:!

PS- I'm watching Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet. Awkward name :V

I don't know. I just joined without ever trying to watch for free. You're probably right about the limit. Maybe it also gives you access to more titles? Older ones? I really don't know, sorry. :)

I just got another guest pass last night. PM me if you want it.
  •  

Riley Skye

Uh does Dragon Ball Z and Hellsing Ultimate Abridged count? their just too funny, especially since I grew up on DBz
Love and peace are eternal
  •  

Andrea_LS

Yay an anime thread! :D I should have looked it up sooner.

Well, checking my MAL page I've got 242 titles under my belt with 80+ I have yet to finish up.

Right now I'm watching:

Infinite Stratos 2
Kill la Kill
Miss Monochrome
NouKome (aka Ore no Nounai Sentakushi ga, Gakuen RabuKome o Zenryoku de Jama >-bleeped-<eiru.)
Outbreak Company
Saki (hooray for lesbian action-mahjong!)
YuuShibu (aka Yuusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shuushoku o Ketsui Shima>-bleeped-<a.)

I recently completed Tantei Opera Milky Holmes (silly), Kujibiki♥Unbalance (fun), and Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan (insane). People over at MAL have been raving about Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) so much that I might watch it sometime, but it seems really... raw. I plan on watching some classics like Key the Metal Idol, 3x3 Eyes, and Bubblegum Crisis pretty soon.

I have an okay collection of DVDs (40 or 50 maybe?) but most of my anime I backup on the computer, about 2.2TB in all.

I have a special place in my heart for lesbian romances (yuri) but those sad endings get me every time.
Series like Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito and Kannazuki no Miko had me in tears and beside myself at their endings.
I think the only yaoi I've ever enjoyed are all about otoko-no-ko (cross-dressing boys), like the manga Amahara-kun+.
  •  

FalseHybridPrincess

Well, you really should watch shingeki no kyojin , its not as raw as it seems , I cried on the first episode and its full of philosophical quotes and lovely characters.

Im currently watching a yuri comedy anime its called strawberry panic , I bet Andrea has already seen it , right?
Its pretty nice has all these adorable moments between girls , thats what we are missing I guess?I dunno...

btw Im new to yuri anime so suggestions are welcome :D
http://falsehybridprincess.tumblr.com/
Follow me and I ll do your dishes.

Also lets be friends on fb :D
  •  

Makalii

I'm watching soul eater! ^_^ The main protagonist has the same name as me! "Maka!"
- Circus Girl
- MtF
- Pre-HRT (for now)
- Call me Maka  ;)

For how could I ever ask someone to love me as a woman for my body, if I can't even love my body as a woman for myself?
  •  

Shelly Lullaby

"All the hardest, coldest people you meet were once as soft as water. And that's the tragedy of living."
  •  

Andrea_LS

Quote from: FalsePrincess on December 08, 2013, 09:05:13 AM
Well, you really should watch shingeki no kyojin , its not as raw as it seems , I cried on the first episode and its full of philosophical quotes and lovely characters.

Im currently watching a yuri comedy anime its called strawberry panic , I bet Andrea has already seen it , right?
Its pretty nice has all these adorable moments between girls , thats what we are missing I guess?I dunno...

btw Im new to yuri anime so suggestions are welcome :D

Oh yes, Strawberry Panic. I finished the anime and have the manga collection as well. That lovely long gray hair of Shizuma is to die for. :) Her and Nagisa are a great couple, and there's a lovely bunch of others in there too. The final episode made me cry.

I can definitely help with suggestions there! Just a few:

Candy boy (I am in love with this couple)
Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito (ready your tissues!)
Kannazuki no Miko (ready your tissues!)
Yuru Yuri (hilarious)
Kanamemo (has a rather realistic couple who are simply adorable)
Kiniro Mosaic
Strike Witches (cute couples everywhere)
Saki (mahjong themed)

Some I haven't seen yet are Simoun, Mai-HiME, and Sasameki Koto.
One of my favorites I didn't list is 18+, however it's worth saying it's level of sugary-sweetness nearly rotted my teeth.
  •  

Emoroffle

I recently finished watching Fairy Tail. Yukari there is getting me started on Project A-ko. I need to watch Sasameki Koto, though honestly the manga version could have used an epilogue.
Super-villain in training.
  •