Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

White Hair vs Dark - Easier to Extricate

Started by rhonda13000, April 03, 2007, 02:59:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rhonda13000

I am getting in a few hours of electro today; I have noted that the white hairs require less current and extract much more easily than the dark hairs.

I have no idea why that this would be the case, but I am not complaining.
  •  

angelsgirl

I'm assuming that your white hair is due to age rather than being naturally fair when I say this.  White hair is usually a lot more frail, therefore it is more easily removed.  Kind of like how when you start to get white hairs on your head they will be broken off and get kinked and stick out (you know, exactly like you don't want them to?) Same deal. They're too frail to hold pigment anymore and are easily damaged, hence the breaking. I'd imagine it wouldn't be too hard for an electrologist to get rid of those since they are hairs that are generally on their way out anyhow.
  •  

rhonda13000

Quote from: angelsgirl on April 03, 2007, 04:12:48 PM
I'm assuming that your white hair is due to age rather than being naturally fair when I say this.  White hair is usually a lot more frail, therefore it is more easily removed.  Kind of like how when you start to get white hairs on your head they will be broken off and get kinked and stick out (you know, exactly like you don't want them to?) Same deal. They're too frail to hold pigment anymore and are easily damaged, hence the breaking. I'd imagine it wouldn't be too hard for an electrologist to get rid of those since they are hairs that are generally on their way out anyhow.

:embarrassed:

[ahem}  It's age. I'm 51.
  •  

angelsgirl

Oh no! I didn't mean to embarrass, you!

I'm only 26 and I have to dye my hair because I have small streaks of white coming in. Runs in my family. My grandmother, mother, and I have all gotten our first white hair at age 19.
  •  

rhonda13000

Quote from: angelsgirl on April 03, 2007, 04:23:00 PM
Oh no! I didn't mean to embarrass, you!

I'm only 26 and I have to dye my hair because I have small streaks of white coming in. Runs in my family. My grandmother, mother, and I have all gotten our first white hair at age 19.

;D ;D[laughing...] You're fine hon, you're fine!

But actually 50% white hair is advantageous, in that I can clear out the dark hair first and leave the far less conspicuous white hairs for the next removal pass.

This will help in 'passing' or at least in general feminine appearance, sooner.
  •  

littlegreenfly

I started turning in my early 20s.... have stopped coloring my hair because it became too much... And, right around my ears in particular, tends to break easily.  Oh the joys of genetics and growing older... (heavy sigh)  LGF :icon_raving:
  •  

rhonda13000

Quote from: littlegreenfly on April 03, 2007, 04:30:32 PM
I started turning in my early 20s.... have stopped coloring my hair because it became too much... And, right around my ears in particular, tends to break easily.  Oh the joys of genetics and growing older... (heavy sigh)  LGF :icon_raving:

You're 'sigh' is echoed.; I will need to very carefully choose a good wig [money is no object in this area].

It represents one of the many curses bestowed by "T".
  •  

angelsgirl

I would wear a wig if I got one that looked natural enough. I think there are more women than you'd guess that wear them.  The wigs that you can tell are wigs are usually not very made or ill-fitting, so it's definately worth it to spend a little extra for a good one!
  •