Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Would you say this is a transsexual symbol?

Started by RachelH, June 23, 2012, 04:22:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RachelH

Just wondering whether the symbol of this jewellery (bisexual) is actually the transsexual arm, from the full transsexual symbol? Or is it actually a bi symbol?  I've just bought it as I believe it means transsexual.  However it doesn't really matter as I'm bi aswell :)

http://markdefrates.com/pages/rocknroll.html#bisexualalternate
  •  

Brooke777

I tried to look, but the link just sent me to a blank page. Don't know if it is my IS, or the link.
  •  

RachelH

Try now, it took me a few attempts to get the right hyperlink
  •  

Brooke777

To me it looks like it is a derivation of the bi symbol. I believe, if it was a trans symbol it would have the third arm. This is just my thoughts, I am no expert.
  •  

RachelH

I always thought Bi symbols are more likely to be interlocking symbols to signify two individuals, where as a trans symbol is one whole symbol that signifies the male and female aspects of the individual. The full trans symbol has three arms the male, female and finally the trans arm ( which is like the symbol I bought).
  •  

SourCandy

Ultimately it's a symbol of two genders interlocked together. It's more how you interpret the symbol, I could see it being bisexual due to the passion for both genders being displayed, but you could easily say it represents intersexed people, or I guess trans if you interpret being trans as conflict and or dis-synchronicity (or even the opposite).

At least that's how I interpret it.
  •  

Joelene9

It is the symbol of hermaphroditism used in biology.  There are a lot of hermaphrodite species in the natural world. 
  Joelene
  •  

starbuckspectre1991

have a look here, this shows the prominent symbols. http://mashable.com/2014/06/13/lgbt-pride-symbols/
i am both a trans woman and lesbian, and i tend to show both but i am in the process of designing one for this.
  •