Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

The official "You look fabulous darling" thread. 2

Started by Nero, June 24, 2012, 01:40:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PHXGiRL

Quote from: Michelle G on October 15, 2012, 12:57:37 AM
Well....I think my hair is looking fabulous as I sat on the beach in San Francisco today :)

Your hair is so beautiful michelle! :)
  •  

Tristan

Quote from: hyperlogia on October 15, 2012, 01:35:05 PM
Just some goofy pic I took for my boyfriend yesterday::

goofy is good its how i spend my fab life too  :P
  •  

Michelle G

Quote from: hyperlogia on October 15, 2012, 01:35:05 PM

Very sweet shot!!  he is a lucky guy for sure :)
Just a "California Girl" trying to enjoy each sunny day
  •  

Michelle G

Quote from: Serena Lynn on October 15, 2012, 12:22:14 PM
Your hair is so beautiful michelle! :)

Thanx :)  I cant wait to see how it will look by next summer!!  I havent cut it since Feb. of this year! I have always dreamed of long, flowing pretty hair :)
Just a "California Girl" trying to enjoy each sunny day
  •  

carol_w

That may be a goofy picture, but you have some seriously pretty eyes.
  •  

Shantel

Very pretty and obviously fun to be around, my type....go girlfriend!  :)
  •  

V M

That's a cute pic.  :)  and you look very nice
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

pretty

Do you think this pullover makes me look too top heavy?? Usually I stay on the tight side to show off my shape but I thought it was soo cute and I had to buy it!

For comparison I guess? (lol ignore the horrid lighting in these pics):

•  

Marta1992

Hi!!

Just did my eyebrows ;)

PD: Last week I got a phone call from my endocrinologist's office and they told me I will start hormones on February 7th, I'm so happy!!!!! ;D ;D ;D
  •  

V M

The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: pretty on October 16, 2012, 02:40:10 AM
Do you think this pullover makes me look too top heavy?? Usually I stay on the tight side to show off my shape but I thought it was soo cute and I had to buy it!

For comparison I guess? (lol ignore the horrid lighting in these pics):

Both tops are good, let's face it when it comes to clothes it's whatever is most suitable for time and place, not a matter of looking hot 24/7 anyway. You look comfy in the loose fitting top and hot in the snug fitting one. You wouldn't wear the bottom outfit while clam digging at the beach!
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Marta1992 on October 16, 2012, 05:40:17 AM

Hi!!

Just did my eyebrows ;)

Very nice, I want them! Mine are too sparse to be of any use without a pencil.

PD: Last week I got a phone call from my endocrinologist's office and they told me I will start hormones on February 7th, I'm so happy!!!!! ;D ;D ;D
  •  

oZma

why do I post youtubes and flickrs of myself? I think I'm looking for attention... an attempt to replace my negative thoughts with your positive interpretation of my physical appearance.  although I know it's a short term fix, I still do it?  maybe I'm lonely and I'm afraid of real people so I hang out in these virtual worlds?

•  

Incarnadine

Quote from: oZma on October 16, 2012, 02:01:44 PM
why do I post youtubes and flickrs of myself? I think I'm looking for attention... an attempt to replace my negative thoughts with your positive interpretation of my physical appearance.  although I know it's a short term fix, I still do it?  maybe I'm lonely and I'm afraid of real people so I hang out in these virtual worlds?

Maybe because you know you won't be rejected, humiliated, or dismissed in this "virtual" world? 

And to be honest, we aren't virtual.  While many of us hide behind names and cute (or manly) avatars, we're just as real as you are, just as scared as you are, and often just as lonely as you are.  Don't hesitate to seek encouragement from us, and please try not to minimize (within yourself) the value of our text-based hugs.

You're beautiful, my friend.  And you face the same self-acceptance issues that nearly every other woman has to deal with.  And right now after seeing this video I'm dealing with the same jealousy issues that nearly every other woman has to deal with.  :P
  •  

Violet Bloom

Quote from: oZma on October 16, 2012, 02:01:44 PM

You need to get past the insecurity.  You said you date guys - you have to be really careful because a lot of them will take advantage of that.  Don't let them see it.  Know where you stand - it's certainly miles ahead of me.  I'm about as real and grounded a person as it gets but social anxiety has built a prison wall around me and I've not made any major strides with my appearance yet.  (I don't think it makes much difference to my argument that I would like to date women.  In my experience they've been brutally honest judges of character.)  You're clearly not afraid to show off your identity and assets and you need to build on that foundation.

•  

translora

Well, I can't begin to count the number of beautiful women I've known who do not think they are beautiful. Usually, when that is the case, there are bigger issues at work.

Accepting themselves is the hardest thing some people will ever do. My advice is to focus each day on one thing that you like about yourself -- be it physical or otherwise. Whenever you find yourself obsessed with something you think is wrong about yourself, or if you find yourself in a general spiral of negativity, just stop thinking about it. Make a decision: I'm not going to think about that right now.

In doing so, you can fundamentally change -- albeit gradually -- how you relate to yourself. You can shift your energies from the negatives to the positives.

Obviously, life's problems don't go away. But by focusing your energies on your positives, you can change your frame of reference. Eventually, once your frame is reclaimed, you will begin to see those issues which truly need your attention. The little things will fall away, and your self-improvements will be based in reality and not on negative thought spirals.

It is this method which got me past a long period of loneliness and regret for lost relationships, and on into the next phase of my life. It's also the same thing which has now led me to transitioning. I know my fundamental strengths, can celebrate them, and realize that there's something big which needs some work.

OK, so maybe "needs some work" understates it a little...

Lora
http:translora.wordpress.com

MaidofOrleans

It's too bad you are up norcal Ozma, I'd love to hang with you. Don't be so hard on yourself, there are plenty of great people out there who will love you for who you are, just have faith  ;)
"For transpeople, using the right pronoun is NOT simply a 'political correctness' issue. It's core to the entire struggle transpeople go through. Using the wrong pronoun means 'I don't recognize you as who you are.' It means 'I think you're confused, delusional, or mentally I'll.'. It means 'you're not important enough for me to acknowledge your struggle.'"
  •  

oZma

Quote from: MaidofOrleans on October 16, 2012, 09:00:48 PM
It's too bad you are up norcal Ozma, I'd love to hang with you. Don't be so hard on yourself, there are plenty of great people out there who will love you for who you are, just have faith  ;)

faith huh? ugghhh

•  

MaidofOrleans

Quote from: oZma on October 16, 2012, 10:31:51 PM
faith huh? ugghhh

"What I have a problem with is not so much religion or god, but faith. When you say you believe something in your heart and therefore you can act on it, you have completely justified the 9/11 bombers. You have justified Charlie Manson. If it's true for you, why isn't it true for them? Why are you different? If you say "I believe there's an all-powerful force of love in the universe that connects us all, and I have no evidence of that but I believe it in my heart," then it's perfectly okay to believe in your heart that Sharon Tate deserves to die. It's perfectly okay to believe in your heart that you need to fly planes into buildings for Allah."
― Penn Jillette

Well there's your problem, you need to stop listening to people as negative as Penn Jillette.
"For transpeople, using the right pronoun is NOT simply a 'political correctness' issue. It's core to the entire struggle transpeople go through. Using the wrong pronoun means 'I don't recognize you as who you are.' It means 'I think you're confused, delusional, or mentally I'll.'. It means 'you're not important enough for me to acknowledge your struggle.'"
  •  

V M

Hi friends  :police:

This is not the religion or philosophy section. Please stay on topic, post your pic.s and/or comment in a constructive manner regarding other's.

Avoid making posts that could be construed as personally attacking

Thank you

V M

- V M
  •