Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

The official "You look fabulous darling" thread. 2

Started by Nero, June 24, 2012, 01:40:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heather

Quote from: Carrie Liz on March 17, 2013, 03:57:59 PM
So... here we are... I was not expecting to move from "Could I Pass One Day?" to this thread so damn quickly, but I believe what happened today definitely warrants it.

I've been bitching and whining about how I don't a decent "girl mode," and about how I wish I could go shopping for more feminine clothes but I'm too scared, and a bunch of other whiny self-defeating nonsense. So this is where that officially ends.

Basically what happened is that my roommate was about to donate a bunch of her old clothes to Goodwill, clothes from a bygone era before she lost 80 lbs and started fitting into smalls and mediums instead of larges, so she offered to give some of those old clothes to me if I was interested in them. And so, I finally got an actual feminine top, with a deep v-neck and which fit snugly around the waist, to go with my women's jeans. I got in full dress complete with the padded bra and my "Vera" wig, and... well... this was the result:

Needless to say, I'm not feeling so self-conscious anymore... :P

(oh, yeah, and I did just change my display name, so in case anyone is wondering, I am cheetaking243. I just decided to switch my screen name to match my eventual real life first/middle name, rather than continuing to be named after an imaginary pokemon that I invented in 7th grade.)
You look amazing! Wow you have curves I'm so jealous. :laugh:
  •  

TerriT

Quote from: Carrie Liz on March 17, 2013, 03:57:59 PM(oh, yeah, and I did just change my display name, so in case anyone is wondering, I am cheetaking243. I just decided to switch my screen name to match my eventual real life first/middle name, rather than continuing to be named after an imaginary pokemon that I invented in 7th grade.)

I lol'd.

You look super cute. Now time to get you some sexy shoes!!! :D
  •  

Rita

My hair went from balding to this in a little over a year so hormones plays a pretty huge role :3
  •  

tomthom

Quote from: Rita on March 17, 2013, 05:03:21 PM

My hair went from balding to this in a little over a year so hormones plays a pretty huge role :3

holy wow. I'm not balding at all, but if my hair got even denser that would be a nice plus :D
"You must see with eyes unclouded by hate. See the good in that which is evil, and the evil in that which is good. Pledge yourself to neither side, but vow instead to preserve the balance that exists between the two."
― Hayao Miyazaki
Practicality dominates me. I can be a bit harsh, but I mean well.
  •  

Ms. OBrien CVT

Looking good, girls.  Jealous of the figures.

It does not take courage or bravery to change your gender.  It takes fear of living one more day in the wrong one.~me
  •  

Rita

Quote from: tomthom
holy wow. I'm not balding at all, but if my hair got even denser that would be a nice plus :D

Try volumizing shampoo and conditioner, I had to learn alot about my hair.  And unlearn so many bad habits xD, its still work in progress. All I know is this new conditioner leaves a really nice smell in my hair all day.

I use tre semme 24hr volumizing, my hair is pretty thin.  Might help~  Definitely makes my hair thicker ^^
  •  

Jay-Bird

Quote from: Jennygirl on March 17, 2013, 04:20:57 AM
The beauties in this thread with their amazing full body shots have inspired me to take some of my own :D Also I've been welding an armoire the past couple of days, so right now I've got two 36"x80" sliding mirror doors propped up against my wall waiting to go in

EDIT: I just realized what I was wearing is classified as lingerie and I hope it's not considered too "skimpy". I wore this outfit out and didn't feel uncomfortable about it because to me it's kind of like a dress, but I really don't want to make a fuss. Please lemmie know if it's too much.

Hey Jennygirl, I have to agree with everyone else here, you look gorgeous!
and I am seriously jealous of you dainty figure :) Great progress Missy you must be super pleased.

Without sleep there are no dreams, Without dreams we fall apart at the seams
  •  

Michelle G

Jenny!! you look SO good in that color! and those capri's are adorable on you :)

(I really want that top!)

Carrie!! you rock those curves! the smile sez it all :)
Just a "California Girl" trying to enjoy each sunny day
  •  

JohnnieRamona

Quote from: Carrie Liz on March 17, 2013, 03:57:59 PM
So... here we are... I was not expecting to move from "Could I Pass One Day?" to this thread so damn quickly, but I believe what happened today definitely warrants it.

I've been bitching and whining about how I don't have a decent "girl mode," and about how I wish I could go shopping for more feminine clothes but I'm too scared, and a bunch of other whiny self-defeating nonsense. So this is where that officially ends.

Basically what happened is that my roommate was about to donate a bunch of her old clothes to Goodwill, clothes from a bygone era before she lost 80 lbs and started fitting into smalls and mediums instead of larges, so she offered to give some of those old clothes to me if I was interested in them. And so, I finally got an actual feminine top, with a deep v-neck and which fit snugly around the waist, to go with my women's jeans. I got in full dress complete with the padded bra and my "Vera" wig, and... well... this was the result:

Needless to say, I'm not feeling so self-conscious anymore... :P

(oh, yeah, and I did just change my display name, so in case anyone is wondering, I am cheetaking243. I just decided to switch my screen name to match my eventual real life first/middle name, rather than continuing to be named after an imaginary pokemon that I invented in 7th grade.)

Wow! You look awesome, Carrie :)
  •  

Jennygirl

jay-bird-

On one hand I want more padding to help the E do it's job (I've been trying to gain some weight), but on the other hand I feel like I'm just supposed to be tiny & dainty and I know I'll ultimately be comfortable either way. And thanks for the compliment :D Yes I am super pleased.

Michelle-

I found the top in a clothes by the pound thrift place when I was up in San Francisco recently for trach shave surgery... I think it cost less than a dollar ;) Arrrrgh I MUST go thrifting more!! I just built an armoire that is currently empty... It is looking hungry for clothing.

Thanks again everyone for the boost in confidence, today has been absolutely great because of you :D
  •  

Jennygirl

Quote from: TiffanyT on March 17, 2013, 04:44:12 PM
I lol'd.

You look super cute. Now time to get you some sexy shoes!!! :D

And yes, +1 to this.

I bet some gray flats would look great with that outfit ;)
  •  

TerriT

Quote from: Jennygirl on March 17, 2013, 11:21:27 PM
And yes, +1 to this.

I bet some gray flats would look great with that outfit ;)

I was thinking more like a metallic gold stiletto!!! But maybe that would be a little over the top. :o
  •  

Carrie Liz

Quote from: TiffanyT on March 18, 2013, 02:17:59 AM
I was thinking more like a metallic gold stiletto!!! But maybe that would be a little over the top. :o

Well, right now I'm pretty much an infant in terms of fashion. Because I don't own a single pair of women's shoes, only one or two tops, ONE pair of jeans that actually fits, and no makeup whatsoever. That's it. I've never had the confidence to go shopping in the women's section before, and as such I own pretty much nothing to explore around with in "girl mode." Man... I have so much to learn. I have no idea what will look good on me, no idea how to make outfits, and no idea what goes with what and accentuates what.

The replies I've gotten on this topic tonight... God... it's just so completely amazing. Thank you so much, everyone! I don't know how I can ever thank you. This is the first time in my life that I have EVER looked good in my "girl mode." Every single time before this, I just ended up throwing the clothes off in frustration because I just looked like a big fat dumb guy trying to dress up like a girl, but now for the first time I can look in the mirror and actually see a girl looking back at me. I just don't know how to describe the emotion that I'm feeling... it's like... I don't know, it's almost like I'm truly experiencing life for the first time. My heart has just felt so excited, and so uplifted, and so happy, and there's been so much smiling tonight, that it genuinely feels like my chest could just explode from happiness. I mean... it's like I'm alive for the first time. Like for the first time ever, I'm looking at the true me in the mirror. Before tonight, I had NEVER seen her before.

So... God... I just don't know what to say. There's so much that I can do now... so much to learn... it's like the whole world is suddenly opening up before me... a world that I've been dreaming of, and longing for, for so long, and yet never had the courage to enter. But now it's here. I just... wow... I can't say anything.

Time to do some serious shopping! I've been itching to get some new clothes, and start building a female wardrobe, for SO long. So yeah, it's time. The local Goodwill is calling my name. That should be a great place to start. (And again, it will be the first time ever that I've taken my "girl mode" into public before. So, yeah, I'll admit that it's still a very scary thought just because I've never done it before in my entire life, and I'm so afraid that I'll screw something up somehow, but I really do feel much more confident about it now, so maybe it really is finally time.)

Again, thank you so much, everyone!

*cries some serious tears of happiness...* :')

(And if anyone is interested in seeing some of the sheer happiness that I've felt today, unedited, here's a video that I made this afternoon right after taking the pictures. I had to get my emotion on video, because this is just one of those life-changing moments that I know I'm going to want to remember forever. Here it is: http://tinyurl.com/cu82nxs)
  •  

MaidofOrleans

"For transpeople, using the right pronoun is NOT simply a 'political correctness' issue. It's core to the entire struggle transpeople go through. Using the wrong pronoun means 'I don't recognize you as who you are.' It means 'I think you're confused, delusional, or mentally I'll.'. It means 'you're not important enough for me to acknowledge your struggle.'"
  •  

Jennygirl

Awwww!! ..indeed. You are a sweetie, Carrie! I adore your positive attitude :D

Reading your post and watching your video brought back some joyous memories of my own... seriously... thank you for sharing that with us! Your tears of joy are contagious, my eyes welled up a few times!

Have fun piecing your new wardrobe - - fashion has the ability to make you feel (and look) amazing. Get ready here we go!! I'm taking you away with me on the happy train!
  •  

Carrie Liz

...and if I made another video right now, it would seriously be 10 minutes straight of me being curled up into a ball, face buried in my arms, completely bawling my eyes out.

I don't think you can possibly understand how much these replies mean to me... how long I've wished that I could be called "sweet," and seen as an upbeat and smiley person. People told me that all the time when I was talking to them in chat as my female alias, and for so long it was the only way that I had to feel like my true self. But now... I'm being called that based on something in real life! That people are actually calling me that not just based on some alias, but on my true actual physical self. I just... OMG, I'm going to spend all night crying at this rate... I'm just so overwhelmed with emotion. It's happening! It really is happening! My dreams really are coming true!

Again, THANK YOU!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

:')
  •  

Charley Bea(EmeraldP)

You're looking great Carrie, nice video too totally jealous of your voice at the moment I hope I can get my voice that good someday.

•  

Heather

Quote from: Carrie Liz on March 18, 2013, 02:50:27 AM

Time to do some serious shopping! I've been itching to get some new clothes, and start building a female wardrobe, for SO long. So yeah, it's time. The local Goodwill is calling my name. That should be a great place to start. (And again, it will be the first time ever that I've taken my "girl mode" into public before. So, yeah, I'll admit that it's still a very scary thought just because I've never done it before in my entire life, and I'm so afraid that I'll screw something up somehow, but I really do feel much more confident about it now, so maybe it really is finally time.)

Again, thank you so much, everyone!

*cries some serious tears of happiness...* :')

(And if anyone is interested in seeing some of the sheer happiness that I've felt today, unedited, here's a video that I made this afternoon right after taking the pictures. I had to get my emotion on video, because this is just one of those life-changing moments that I know I'm going to want to remember forever. Here it is: http://tinyurl.com/cu82nxs)
Don't worry yourself about being out in girl mode too much. Everybody has to start somewhere! When I first started to go out dressed as myself  I wasn't on hormones and I totally didn't pass and I knew it but I still had fun. Goodwill is a great place to start building a wardrobe and it's a great place to experiment with different styles to find out what looks good on you. Oh and I love your voice its really good.    :)
  •  

hazel

Quote from: Jennygirl on March 17, 2013, 04:20:57 AM
The beauties in this thread with their amazing full body shots have inspired me to take some of my own :D Also I've been welding an armoire the past couple of days, so right now I've got two 36"x80" sliding mirror doors propped up against my wall waiting to go in it.

Purple is my favorite color :D

Trying to make a goofy face

EDIT: I just realized what I was wearing is classified as lingerie and I hope it's not considered too "skimpy". I wore this outfit out and didn't feel uncomfortable about it because to me it's kind of like a dress, but I really don't want to make a fuss. Please lemmie know if it's too much.

Wow! Looking amazing jenny :)
  •  

Rowan Rue

Wow!  I turn my back for a second and everyone is looking amazing!

MaidofOrleans, Jennygirl, CarrieLiz you are all looking simply fantastic!
Way too go ladies :D

Here's a couple of pics of me with a new hair color.

and lying around (I just like this pic)

Styled

Messy

My personal blog is [url=http
  •