Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

The official "You look fabulous darling" thread. 2

Started by Nero, June 24, 2012, 01:40:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlita

Quote from: Natalie <3 on August 22, 2012, 07:57:49 AM
I may do it. I will upload it here to share with you guys.... It would be amazing to see myself in a documentary.

Speaking as someone who works in the media, I would say that there are two questions you should ask yourself ...

1. Do I trust these people to tell my story fairly and honestly? That's not the same thing as telling your story exactly as you would wish - they have the right to their own self-expression, after all - but it does mean telling it without bias, distortion or prejudice. So spend some time getting to know the production team and putting them in a place where they want to do right by you. Be sweet, be open-hearted ... but in the nicest possible way let them know that you won't be f*cked around.

2. Do I want to be known as a transsexual? Once you are in this documentary, your story - and your previous male status - will be out there on the public record, for anyone to Google. You could decide: fine, I want to be true to every part of myself and my story. That's a perfectly reasonable, respectable position. And it will solve any problem you might face with guys: that whole 'how do I tell him?' agony. Because you've already told the world.

But if you want to have a stealth existence, so that years from now you're just another woman, going about her life under the radar - and you have every chance of achieving that, given your pretty, feminine appearance - then you might be better off keeping your story to yourself.

I can't tell you what to do. It's your life, your choice. Just make sure that whatever choice you make, you do it knowing what the outcome may be ... and what you want for yourself and the rest of your life.
  •  

Carolina1983

•  

PHXGiRL

•  

Natalie <3

Quote from: Carlita on August 22, 2012, 10:29:55 AM
Speaking as someone who works in the media, I would say that there are two questions you should ask yourself ...

1. Do I trust these people to tell my story fairly and honestly? That's not the same thing as telling your story exactly as you would wish - they have the right to their own self-expression, after all - but it does mean telling it without bias, distortion or prejudice. So spend some time getting to know the production team and putting them in a place where they want to do right by you. Be sweet, be open-hearted ... but in the nicest possible way let them know that you won't be f*cked around.

2. Do I want to be known as a transsexual? Once you are in this documentary, your story - and your previous male status - will be out there on the public record, for anyone to Google. You could decide: fine, I want to be true to every part of myself and my story. That's a perfectly reasonable, respectable position. And it will solve any problem you might face with guys: that whole 'how do I tell him?' agony. Because you've already told the world.

But if you want to have a stealth existence, so that years from now you're just another woman, going about her life under the radar - and you have every chance of achieving that, given your pretty, feminine appearance - then you might be better off keeping your story to yourself.

I can't tell you what to do. It's your life, your choice. Just make sure that whatever choice you make, you do it knowing what the outcome may be ... and what you want for yourself and the rest of your life.

I don't care about stealth. I don't think I'd hide who I am. I do vlog on youtube about being trans. They msged me on youtube and multiple other trans people. There have been few submissions. And as for telling guys I always do. Besides im angaged.
  •  

Jamie D

•  

Carlita

Quote from: Natalie <3 on August 22, 2012, 04:52:10 PM
I don't care about stealth. I don't think I'd hide who I am. I do vlog on youtube about being trans. They msged me on youtube and multiple other trans people. There have been few submissions. And as for telling guys I always do. Besides im angaged.

Well then, you go, girl! Just make sure they treat you right ...

And congratulations on the engagement!
  •  

Carolina1983

Natalie : Its great that you are engaged :) congrats.

I will also be on a documentary about transexualism.  I am pretty nervous too :P, but because they will follow me through the process for 2 years or so it will be some time before its on air :). Anyway I wish you all the best :)
  •  

Keaira

Congratulations Natalie. :D

I wouldn't mind being in a documentary. I doubt I will ever bee seen as 'just a girl' so to speak, so why not help advocate and educate. :)
  •  

Alexis

Congratulations Natalie!

Was supposed to go out to a club last night (first time to a straight club, and I was freaking out) with a group of friends last night. We never made it to the club, stayed at the wine bar we at until really late. It was lots of fun so I'm not upset, but I had psyched myself up for the club and I kinda wanted to see how I'd do
  •  

V M

Lookin' HOT HOT HOT  Alexis  :)
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Alexis

I really wish we had gone to the club, but oh well, next time
@Tessa - Don't tell my friends, but my drinks were still free. Short of the story is that I'm really good friends with the people who own the place we were at last night; the guys would have been welcome though
@Hyperlogia - I love it too! One of the recent triumphs when I was shopping last weekend in NY. It's supposed to be a dress, but I put it on and I was like 'well f- that' lol :laugh: Makes a great top though
@VM -  :D
To all three of you, THANK YOU!
  •  

MaidofOrleans

Bored at home, parents are out, so I figured "why not practice my makeup?"

Then When I was done I thought, "why not try on a couple of my new tops?"

This eventually led to a few shameless iPod photos...

ugh... need to do my eyebrows but i'm afraid people at work will notice...still deciding which top to wear out tomorrow..
"For transpeople, using the right pronoun is NOT simply a 'political correctness' issue. It's core to the entire struggle transpeople go through. Using the wrong pronoun means 'I don't recognize you as who you are.' It means 'I think you're confused, delusional, or mentally I'll.'. It means 'you're not important enough for me to acknowledge your struggle.'"
  •  

Jamiep

Hi MaidofOrleans,

OMG, you look so the real deal already and not on hormones! Wonderful face structure with those cheeks, Beautiful smile and happy eyes, soft look make up, nice job, you will blend in as female. Looks like your own hair. Love the top in the first three pics. Trust your therapist on hormones you will pass. Now you have heard the positives from your Canadian sisters, Tessa in Montreal & me in the Toronto area.
cheers
Jamie
We are made of star stuff - Carl Sagan
Express Yourself
Own your zone
  •  

MaidofOrleans

awwww :D Thanks for the compliments girls!

I always love a good confidence booster  ;D
"For transpeople, using the right pronoun is NOT simply a 'political correctness' issue. It's core to the entire struggle transpeople go through. Using the wrong pronoun means 'I don't recognize you as who you are.' It means 'I think you're confused, delusional, or mentally I'll.'. It means 'you're not important enough for me to acknowledge your struggle.'"
  •  

Carolina1983

MaidofOrleans wow you look incredible  :o. Seriously, you are so lucky for having such a wonderful face :). Hormones will make you a killer!

Soooo.. I want to show off now when my boobs are coming along :D. You have no idea how proud and happy I am about them  ;D.

So here they are, 4 months of growth  :).

•  

Alexis

@Carolina1983 - 4 months?!? Really?!? I'm sooooo jealous ;) 'grats
@MaidofOrleans - You look absolutely lovely
  •  

Carolina1983

Yes they are growing faster than I expected :P. I find it hard to hide them when I present as male, especially now when its summer.

•  

Alexis

Quote from: Carolina1983 on August 27, 2012, 10:07:10 AM
Yes they are growing faster than I expected :P. I find it hard to hide them when I present as male, especially now when its summer.
haha, I'll bet. What's your secret for those results? Do tell
lookin good btw :D
  •  

Carolina1983

Quote from: Alexis on August 27, 2012, 10:12:01 AM
haha, I'll bet. What's your secret for those results? Do tell
lookin good btw :D

Thanks :). I dont feel like I look good though =/. I am ok with my body but the face is just hopeless I think. Fortunately there are surgeons that can fix that to some extent.

Hmm I am not sure what my secret is :P.

I eat alot of bad stuff with lots of fat in it ;), and doesnt move too much. Thats about it I think :).

Just eating like this to get the fat on the right places though. I will start to walk and eat healthier after 2012.
  •  

MaidofOrleans

Thanks Ladies  ;D

@Carolina1983 - 4 months! Lucky you! I hope i'm that lucky  ;)
  •