News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

hairloss

Started by melanie, June 30, 2012, 02:39:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

melanie

Hi,

I was wondering If you still experience male pattern baldness after SRS.
I had surgery 3 years ago, and my hair at the vertex is thinning, a dermatologist diagnosed MPB. This happens slowly but still it happens despite propecia.
How is it with you? There is almost no thread about this topic here, so doesnt anyone have that problem anymore? I think I am not the only one dealing with MPB here, so did the surgery change anything for you?
I was of the opinion that by reducing testosterone that dramatically, androgenetic hairloss could no longer be an issue...strange.

best

Melanie
  •  

Ms. OBrien CVT

I am post-orchidectomy 3 1/2 years, and I still have some frontal hair loss.  The back has been slowly coming back but not as fast as it left.

It does not take courage or bravery to change your gender.  It takes fear of living one more day in the wrong one.~me
  •  

melanie

I suppose you dont take antiandrogens since orchiectomy? I am planning to take spiro and hope this together with propecia will stop the loss. But I am not that optimistic since so far nothing really solved the horrible problem. sigh...

how about other experiences?
  •  

Ms. OBrien CVT

No I do not.  I haven't since that day.

It does not take courage or bravery to change your gender.  It takes fear of living one more day in the wrong one.~me
  •  

melanie

•  

mementomori

thats really strange , i dont know how that could be happening after srs? i thought it was from testorome levels that causes hairloss and once the t levels are gone the hairloss doesnt happen
  •  

glicious

Maybe it's to do with your stress level?  Are you using too much products?  Too much heat styling?  A scalp oil massage is always so nourishing for the roots, scalp and hair.  Try it and if you need tips, I'd be glad to help :)
  •  

MariaMx

"Of course!"
  •  

melanie

thanks all for your ideas,

I also suppose that it has to be stress-related to some point. There have been some events this year that put me under emotional pressure. Apart from the severe diffuse thinning that happens for a few months I also have a slow gradual recession of hair at the vertex that develops for four years now. I am sure that one is androgen-related.
I remember someone on a forum pointed out that androcur caused hairloss for her. Could that be? I take a low dose, 5 mg a day and I wonder if it has something to do with my hair-problem. Normally androcur works against hairloss because it lowers testoserone but mabe its an individual reaction. hmm..
  •  

missyzanta

I had this problem after surgery and the endo told me that it might be from the Anastasia.  I wore a wig for 2 yrs and it came back once he put me on progesterone ALONG WITH my estrogen so now i wear my hair again.  It isnt THICKER than it was prior 2 surgery but it is pretty much back to what i had but ALL GENETIC FEMALES lose hair as they get older. 
  •  

melanie

So Progesterone had a positive effect on your hair. Does it do something with testosterone? As far as I know it doesnt interfere with tetosterone or DHT levels but I m not sure about that. Strange, you all experienced an improvement of your hair status after surgery.
I just cant figure out why it isnt the case for me, as the loss I have is obviously caused by androgens. Can the low levels of testosterone that the adrenals still produce really be the reason? I dont know.
  •