Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

What Made You Both Happy and Unhappy at the Same Time Today?

Started by V M, July 19, 2012, 09:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeeperThanSwords

Quote from: Casey on January 04, 2013, 03:41:00 AM
I feel you there, confrontation tends to leave me rattled. It's hard, even when you know you are right, and you're standing by your values, I feel like I have something to apologize for. Or I wonder if I could have done better in making them change their ways, lol.

Exactly, you've got it bang on there. I keep telling myself that I did talk to him several times about it, and he repeatedly ignored my requests, and that I shouldn't have to put up with people who make me unhappy.
"Fear cuts deeper than swords."

•  

Felix

In reverse order of occurrence: my space heater (feels good but expensive) alcohol (questionably healthy and costs money), music (often provokes mixed emotions), my roommate, the internet, and the extreme childishness of my kid (often endearing but also drives me crazy).

Sleep, too. It feels good and gives me strength but I keep waking myself up yelling. It's not like I was in Vietnam or something. I'm just a wuss.
everybody's house is haunted
  •  

Medusa

IMVU: MedusaTheStrange
  •  

janis

Hi,
       Tomorrow is my BD. I will be 68 years young, which makes me happy
    and sad at the same time living in a male body I can't stand, but I
    guess what will be will be.
       I just wish the hormones would work a little faster.
    janis
  •  

King Malachite

The custom match on Black Ops 2

It's so much fun but I can't rank up from it.
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

Emily Aster

Woke up 2 hours late for work... and got more than 5hrs of sleep for a change.
  •  

Constance

I had practice discussion with my Zen teacher last night. I explained that I'm both happier and unhappier than I've ever been in my memory. She said that while this feels bleak, this in a way is the heart of Zen.

V M

I was making a Monte Cristo sandwich and was in the process of scooping it up out of the pan when I started to have one of the fine little seizures I get from time to time  :P

Luckily the sandwich just fell back in the pan so it was okay, but I dropped one of my favorite plates on the floor and it broke  :P
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Felix

Quote from: V M on January 10, 2013, 12:48:58 PM
I was making a Monte Cristo sandwich and was in the process of scooping it up out of the pan when I started to have one of the fine little seizures I get from time to time  :P

Luckily the sandwich just fell back in the pan so it was okay, but I dropped one of my favorite plates on the floor and it broke  :P
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monte_Cristo_sandwich
I hope you're okay and that the sandwich was good.  :)
everybody's house is haunted
  •  

Nero

Oh god I hate that. Are you eating enough, dear?

As for me, I'm happy I'm finally coming out of my shell. But sad I wasted so much time. I wish I would have come out of my shell when I first started transitioning.
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

Cindy

You OK Sis?
  •  

Edge

I got introduced to a band I really like and I'm having fun watching videos of one of their concerts. I'm also feeling a painful amount of jealousy and dysphoria.
  •  

Emily Aster

I got up the nerve to physically go to the store to buy my latest wave of girl mode clothes. Figured while I was there, let me give this epilator thing a shot too. So there I am with a cart full of women's clothes, already nervous, and the epilator in the bright pink box is on a security holder thing. I almost decided not to get it, but I sucked it up and asked a saleswoman. She wouldn't give it to me and took it to the front desk to wait for me to checkout. It's safe to buy a razor, but an epilator is just too dangerous for someone to hold onto. So I get up to the register and there are 3 registers open and a very long line of people waiting. I finally get to my turn and have to ask for it. So the cashiers are yelling back and forth to find out where this guy's epilator is, they hold up the bright pink box and ask me if this is it.

Was very unhappy because I was so embarrassed by all that, but I was the only one worried about it! Happy cause I survived and made it home with all this cool stuff to checkout.
  •  

MyKa

Went and seen my therapist today. The good news is i could have both the letters needed to start the srs process!!!!! The bad news is i really don't have the money/ my insurance doesn't cover srs at this time. I feel so in limbo right now :( just wanna cry. Don't know what to do!
Dream as if you'll live forever, Live as if you'll die today.....J.Dean
  •  

V M

Finally getting the jump on an elusive fly that had snuck in  :icon_joy:  Icky bug guts on my hand  :P
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Catherine Sarah

Ooooooooooooooh Y U C K  That is simply gross

But in answer to the thread; trying to work out how to answer it

Huggs
Catherine   :laugh:

If you're in Australia and are subject to Domestic Violence or Violence against Women, call 1800-RESPECT (1800-737-7328) for assistance.
  •  

V M

I was really dreading my therapist session today because I'd been sick, even to the point of having an early morning anxiety attack  :-\  The problem is you have to give two days notice if you're going to cancel an appt. or you get charged for the time plus a $25 cancellation fee

So I finally get to sleep for awhile then wake up and get ready to go, right about the time I'm wondering where is the darn shuttle? I get a call from the office informing that my therapist is out sick and that my appt. has been cancelled

So I was both relieved and a bit disappointed at the same time and I'm still sick  :P

- V M
  •  

Brooke777

Happy: I have my first ever crush!

Unhappy: She is married to another woman.
  •  

Nero

Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

V M

The grocery store discontinued it's store brand of a cheese I like and had sold out of my next choice up  :-\   But then I noticed another brand that was a couple of dollars more but had more than twice as much cheese (6 ounce VS 16 once) So I buy it

Of course I wanted to try some as soon as I got home and oh my goodness, yummy yummy  :)  So doing the math I figured out that I got a tastier cheese at a better price per ounce

*Does happy cheese dance*

- V M
  •