Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Coming out and depression

Started by trickyrikki, December 26, 2014, 09:25:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trickyrikki

It seems lately that I'm getting more depressed and there are a lot of days to where I just don't care anymore but then when my wife gives me just a taste of something feminine I seem to feel better for a short period of time. It's hard because with each passing day I want more and more to transition. I'm supposed to see my therapist after the first of the year and hopefully get started with HRT. Any ideas from the community on coming out and feeling less depressed? Some days it's really bad.

Lonely in Georgia
  •  

ImagineKate

Are you out to her yet? I know the wait just kills me too. I am on HRT but for me the major wait is getting my facial hair down to a manageable level so I can pass consistently. Hang in there, you'll get to where you need to be soon.
  •  

trickyrikki

Thanks! Appreciate the kind words. I'm trying and to answer your question yes I've come out to her.
  •  

mrs izzy

For me so much of the depression had dropped out once i went full time.

Is it the answer yes or no.

Everyone is different and is why journaling is a goo idea.

One can look back and find the triggers that cause more depression or what helps it subside.

Then you can work with therapist to move forward on the positives.
Mrs. Izzy
Trans lifeline US 877-565-8860 CAD 877-330-6366 http://www.translifeline.org/
"Those who matter will never judge, this is my given path to walk in life and you have no right to judge"

I used to be grounded but now I can fly.
  •  

trickyrikki

I guess I could try keeping a journal. This place and my therapist gave been the best help so far. The wife still thinks must of this is just a phase and she doesn't have any sympathy for what I'm going through. Again thanks for the thought and suggestions. It all helps as I'm sure you girls already know. Lots of hugs to everyone. Such a nice place to be, I just wish we could all just be in the same room in person. :)
  •