Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

What Made You Both Happy and Unhappy at the Same Time Today?

Started by V M, July 19, 2012, 09:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shaina

Quote from: Joules on December 04, 2013, 03:07:59 PM
EDIT:  I'll keep just a few of my faves.  I'm a horrible pack rat.  ;)

So am I Joules! I collect old paperbacks like my friends collect shoes.

Happy: Caramel Marble Mocha! Mmm I love chocolate!
Unhappy: The lack of sleep that made it necessary. :D
I was a child and she was a child   
    In this kingdom by the sea:   
But we loved with a love that was more than love—
    I and my Annabel Lee
  •  

KabitTarah

Happy: My therapist said that, with what I was wearing and my new purse, and my hair... I'd definitely be taken for female walking down the street.

Unhappy: Until they looked at my face (maybe if it's dark out... walking alone... no thanks ;)). The laser is progressing well, though! (Just not quite fast enough for my taste ;))
~ Tarah ~

•  

Lauren5

Quote from: Shaina on December 04, 2013, 04:18:42 PMSo am I Joules! I collect old paperbacks like my friends collect shoes.
Happy: Caramel Marble Mocha! Mmm I love chocolate!
Unhappy: The lack of sleep that made it necessary. :D
Sounds delish!
I've been having some trouble sleeping too. Likely nerves for finals next week.
Hey, you've reached Lauren's signature! If you have any questions, want to talk, or just need a shoulder to cry on, leave me a message, and I'll get back to you.
*beep*

Full time: 12/12/13
Started hormones: 26/3/14
FFS: No clue, winter/spring 2014/15 maybe?
SRS: winter/spring 2014/15?
  •  

V M

Power outage that lasted 6-7 hrs so the apt.s mgr cancelled doing inspections today  8)

She'll be back tomorrow  :P

Also it was fffff freakin' freezing here!!! I was very worried about my iguana but luckily her enclosure held it's temp. fairly well and didn't drop below 50f
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Anna++

Happy: my cat cuddling with me
Unhappy: I didn't get much sleep last night.  He was laying on my face, and every time I would move so I could breathe he would move back to laying on my face!
Sometimes I blog things

Of course I'm sane.  When trees start talking to me, I don't talk back.

•  

big kim

Happy, got to drive a classic Dodge Superbee back from a photo shoot as the owner was drinking.Got a free lunch
Unhappy it was freezing!
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: big kim on December 04, 2013, 05:25:57 PM
Happy, got to drive a classic Dodge Superbee back from a photo shoot as the owner was drinking.Got a free lunch
Unhappy it was freezing!

Cold here too 28 degrees F.
  •  

Xhianil

Birth certificate change for NM looks rather easy and all old records get sealed!

Most document change requires SRS, something thats hard to get.
  •  

KabitTarah

Quote from: Xhianil on December 05, 2013, 11:26:23 PM
Birth certificate change for NM looks rather easy and all old records get sealed!

Most document change requires SRS, something thats hard to get.

Governmental gatekeeping...
Luckily the BC isn't something you need to use all that often. The passport is more useful.

Even the US passport looks changeable with just long term HRT... the only statement required is:
Quote(Name of patient) has had appropriate clinical treatment for gender transition to the new gender (specify new gender male or female).

Which says nothing about surgery. (See: https://www.aclu.org/translaw )
~ Tarah ~

•  

Xhianil

Quote from: kabit on December 06, 2013, 05:52:02 AM
Governmental gatekeeping...
Luckily the BC isn't something you need to use all that often. The passport is more useful.

Even the US passport looks changeable with just long term HRT... the only statement required is:
Which says nothing about surgery. (See: https://www.aclu.org/translaw )

Yea I'm just wanting it all changed or sealed, me being born male was one of the worst things in my life.
  •  

Lauren5

Studio Art is officially my secondary major!
I still can't get into the programming course for computer science, my primary major.
Hey, you've reached Lauren's signature! If you have any questions, want to talk, or just need a shoulder to cry on, leave me a message, and I'll get back to you.
*beep*

Full time: 12/12/13
Started hormones: 26/3/14
FFS: No clue, winter/spring 2014/15 maybe?
SRS: winter/spring 2014/15?
  •  

Night Haven

Unhappy: Really bad doctor's appointment with Mother, early in the morning when I get frustrated and cry stupidly easily, with the same doctor who doesn't seem to either listen or understand what I mean.

Better: At least getting a referral to an endocrinologist.

Worse: Estrogen cycles are trying to emotionally wreck me. It was much worse this time than it has been in a while, but it always seems to get worse with passing months and years.

Better: I think I found a way to get onto a low dose of T, if only it'll work and a doctor will listen to my logic. I need to type out what I'm thinking simply and clearly so it can't be misunderstood (or at least somebody would have to stretch to not get it).

Better and worse: Emotions are more stable, but this means the beginning of shark week and awful cramping.

Better: Endometrial ablation (cauterization of the uterine lining) is a practical possibility that I plan to ask the parents about later (they might pay for it).

Also better: I think I have time to try doing henna. Now to figure out where I'm going to put the patterns... Legs, maybe? I've also figured out how to make real hot chocolate, and it's going from not tasting like crap to actually tasting pretty good.
-Fight for the changes you want to see made; become the changes you want to see in the world.-

-The world is worse enough as it is; let us be and let be. Let's stop spreading hate and start spreading acceptance...-
  •  

KabitTarah

Me and another guy who rarely go out with the group (I live far away and have kids, though) were called a "rarity" by someone... ("You're both rarities" or something like that)

Happy: Being called a rarity, when I know I'm more of a twilight/fluttershy mix.

Sad: Realizing that wasn't what he was talking about, but that I should have said what I was thinking anyway ;)

Sadder: Realizing that I am indeed a pegasister, aren't I?? :P lol
~ Tarah ~

•  

Cindy

My sister in law (Nancy) trying to publicly humiliate me by saying to a couple I was talking to at a wake 'you know this is my brother in law'

Their reply 'Nancy you are so wrong, unlike you, she is a beautiful woman'
  •  

LordKAT

•  

Cindy

Still hurts though. Worst insult I have had so far to be honest.

Maybe I've been lucky.
  •  

Cindy

Quote from: Joules on December 07, 2013, 01:50:19 AM
Ouch, hugs Sis.

Any chance it was an honest slip?

I don't think it was malicious, I just think she is so dumb she doesn't know her ass from her head.

I suppose I'm wondering if I should call her and tell her how insulted I was.
  •  

Cindy

True. I'm going to leave it. She will be at my place for Christmas lunch and I'll deal with the issues then, if they arise, and the other family members are present as well to support me.

To be honest I think she is jealous of me. Without wanting to sound like a 'tool' myself, I am quite attractive, I'm intelligent, I have a good job, I'm respected and I have many friends. She has none of these.
  •  

LordKAT

Quote from: Cindy on December 07, 2013, 02:11:35 AM
True. I'm going to leave it. She will be at my place for Christmas lunch and I'll deal with the issues then, if they arise, and the other family members are present as well to support me.

To be honest I think she is jealous of me. Without wanting to sound like a 'tool' myself, I am quite attractive, I'm intelligent, I have a good job, I'm respected and I have many friends. She has none of these.

100% agree, You are awesome!

Insults do hurt, if that is the worst, you are doing good.
  •  

Cindy

Quote from: LordKAT on December 07, 2013, 02:24:08 AM

100% agree, You are awesome!

Insults do hurt, if that is the worst, you are doing good.

Hugs my friend! I didn't work at being perfect, I was just born that way :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  •