Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Home hair removal

Started by Joann, August 04, 2012, 10:14:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joann

Been thinking about a home laser/ electrolysis. I want to burn it all off below the eyebrows, genitals too so no way i can do treatments.
Any stories? successes, failures, warnings?
♪♫ You dont look different but you have changed...
I'm looking through you,. Your not the same ♪♫ :)
  •  

MariaMx

I have heard of people doing home electrolysis with the One Touch system, but success stories seem about as rare as lottery winners. I bought one just for the hell of it and tested it on my arm but couldn't get the thing to work. Think I managed to remove one hair.

Home laser I wouldn't even bother with. Those things are quiet expensive and I'm pretty sure they don't work at all.
"Of course!"
  •  

xxchristina22

one hair?? Thats really unfortunate. I was hoping for some success. Time to start saving for the proper laser procedure.
  •  

barbie

There is a child board here "hair removal". https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/board,81.0.html

In my case, Tria home laser system was just great for me.
https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,102684.20.html

Barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

MariaMx

Quote from: xxchristina22 on August 04, 2012, 12:52:26 PM
one hair?? Thats really unfortunate. I was hoping for some success. Time to start saving for the proper laser procedure.
Well, it seemed to me that I had a hard time getting a proper connection with the device to get the current flowing properly. Maybe with some modification it would work better. Also it said in the instruction to use rubbing alcohol to clean the needle but living in a place where everything is regulated and off limits to the public I was told by the pharmacist I needed a prescription to buy some. That and it seemed extremely tedious. I still have the thing lying around somewhere though. All needles bent of course.
"Of course!"
  •  

Kevin Peña

I would say that you should just shave instead if you can't afford treatment. I do it once every 3 days. Sometimes, I get a wax instead. It doesn't hurt (at least not me). Also, it keeps hair away for a long time.
  •  

Sara Thomas

I spent a good bit of time researching reviews on the Tria... it seems very hit-and-miss, with some folks raving and some ranting.

I'm considering it: looks like I have about a 50/50 chance of success.
I ain't scared... I just don't want to mess up my hair.
  •  

Joann

Success with the tria seems to be dependent on hair type. I have very fine dark hair, little more than peach fuzz so it should work for me.     But very course dense hair like beard and armpits may need a lot of work. Hormones will cause the hairs to thin also so if it looks like it would be a problem may be best to wait a wile.
♪♫ You dont look different but you have changed...
I'm looking through you,. Your not the same ♪♫ :)
  •