Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Breast forms

Started by suzifrommd, December 03, 2012, 05:31:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suzifrommd

I'm toying with the idea of buying a set of breast forms. Stuffing rags into a bra is showing its limitations - they don't move, they're uncomfortable, and I have to play with them to get them to appear symmetrical.

I've done some internet searching and it seems they're really expensive. Very little out there for less than US$100 per pair. I've found a few that are cheaper than the rest, but I really don't know enough to know what I'd be giving up by getting the cheapest ones.

Has anyone bought breast forms? Are they worth the money? Is there anything to watch out for with respect to buying less expensive ones? Are there any must-have features? Useless features? Brands/features to stay away from?

Is there a canonical "breast form" thread? I looked through the wiki and a few pages of threads and didn't find anything.
Have you read my short story The Eve of Triumph?
  •  

Devlyn

I just typed "breastform" into the search box at the upper right and got five pages of hits. Give that a shot yet? Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Cindy

We need a swap box I have some you could have. I don't need them anymore (yippeeee). They cost quite a bit from the breastform shop. They were very good to deal with very private and caring.
  •  

Lyric

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on December 03, 2012, 05:41:05 PM
I just typed "breastform" into the search box at the upper right and got five pages of hits. Give that a shot yet? Hugs, Devlyn

That's interesting. I typed "breast form" (no quotes) into the search box and this thread was the only one it brought up. Then I typed "breastform" as a single word as you did and I got 2 results on the page.

This reminds me of why I rarely use internal website search systems. I get vastly better results by going to Google and doing a site search. This search:
"breast form" site:https://www.susans.org/forums
yielded 94 results for me and can even be narrowed down to the last hour.

~ Lyric ~

Edit: I enabled all scripting for this site and was able to get 21 results from Susan's search box. That's still not nearly as useful as a Google site search, though.
"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life." - Steve Jobs
  •  

spring0721

Agfrmmd, I'm not sure if this will work for you or not; but I thought i'd post just in case it might.  My mtf friend and I both bought some silicone enhancers at walmart of all places! The brand is lingerie solutions, and were only about $10.  They also had some breast forms there as well.  We looked at Victorias secret but they were like $88....so for something just to try you might give these cheaper ones a shot.  Hope you find something that works for you, good luck!
People are people, treat everyone with the same respect and courtesy that you want to receive.
  •  

Devlyn

I just re-did my search here for "breastforms", I got 126 hits. I guess results vary. Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

silly by the seashore

When you use the search function here, do it from the main forum page for maximum results, otherwise your results would be limited to the section or thread you are currently in.
  •  

Apples Mk.II

Check this out, at least it helped me...

https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,130051.0.html

I can only say one thing: I feel dirty. The nipples on mines are gigantic. And the weight... It made me consider if I really wanted to go overboard with BA in a future.
  •  

PHXGiRL

I bought mine off eBay for around $50.00 they look good under a bra. The thing I hate about all breast forms is they are ALWAYS nippen! lol. So you have to have a good padded bra to hide them.
  •  

Sarah Louise

Women's nipples are bigger, that is a fact of life.  You need to get used to it, sometimes they show.
Nameless here for evermore!;  Merely this, and nothing more;
Tis the wind and nothing more!;  Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore!!"
  •  

suzifrommd

Quote from: Apple Seed on December 04, 2012, 10:38:00 AM
Check this out, at least it helped me...

https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,130051.0.html

Well I had seen this thread - seemed like it deals most with choosing shapes.

I'm still hoping someone here can help me with the questions in the OP, especially with respect to the dangers of going cheap and whether they are worth the money. My searches haven't found the answers to those questions anywhere on Susan's.
  •  

sandrauk

I've bought a few and found them sticky and not really practical. I much prefer a gel bra
  •  

Nicolette

My 'women's' nipples are the same size as peas. Dunno, but those fake ones look much larger. Is there some benefit in them being humungous? Maybe I'm missing out on something.  ESP, perhaps. ;D
  •  

PrettySoldier

Is this what is used to make cleavage? I've seen girls using what looked like breastforms under their bras to push their actual breasts together & up to give them cleavage. I currently just use an adhesive bra cups that hook in the front & they work good but is sometimes uncomfortable, but I am only an A cup so I don't have much to work with which could be why.
Bishoujo
The Queen:
  •  

suzifrommd

Well, to follow up, I ended up ordering them from GlamourBoutique.com. They were the cheapest silicone offerings they had ($80/pair), in an oval shape. My size was L which fit the 36C bra I've been using.

They came in the mail. No complaints - they look, feel, and work exactly as I hoped, so still not sure what the pricier ones would have bought me, but I'm happy .

Me wearing my new breast forms:

•  

HeatherR

some of the realllllly pricey ones you can blend to your skin color. 
The obstacles of your past can become the gateways that lead to new beginnings.  ~Ralph Blum~

•  

Emily Aster

I wish I had known about the cheaper ones. I think I paid $250 for mine and since I'm really self-conscious about my tatoo, I never wear anything flimsy enough to show cleavage anyway.
  •  

chrishoney

I found these (http://www.supergelproducts.com/) to be pretty inexpensive, easy to use and very realistic looking inside a bra and under clothing.
I believe in nothing; everything is sacred.
I believe in everything; nothing is sacred. (The Chink, in "Even Cowgirls Get the Blues")
Embrace the chaos.
  •