Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

The Fear of Sally - Beauty Store

Started by Wild Flower, August 21, 2012, 04:38:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wild Flower

Yesterday the whole afternoon purpose was to enter Sally and get the tools to make my hair blonde; bleach, developer, toner. As I was standing outside thoughts roll into my head as, "What if they think I am gay? What if they kick me out (silly)? What do the think of me? What if what if" which is kind of out of control thinking actually.

What motivated me was that I saw two guys going into the store, and coming out. I thought to myself, "they went in, and even if people thought something, they still got what they want".

So I went in (after 10 min of self-talk... I was there for 2 hrs just in fear) It was like now or never too, because I have other plans for my day. I bought it.

---
going to go blonde pretty soon today lol

"Anyone who believes what a cat tells him deserves all he gets."
  •  

Cindy

•  

justmeinoz

Next time you won't care, because as a blonde you will be having fun. :)
"Don't ask me, it was on fire when I lay down on it"
  •  

V M

Good on ya  :)

LOL... Yes, I can relate, that the first time venturing in there is the hardest  :laugh:

There is a Sally Beauty store in my area but I would still make my GiGi wax kit purchases at their online store for the longest time

Well, rather than buying a whole new kit and paying shipping besides, I finally got up my nerve and went right in and got my refill of wax and application sticks

The gals there were very nice and helpful and all my woes and worries were for not and now I feel very comfortable to go there for any beauty stuff I might need  :)
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Wild Flower

Quote from: V M on August 21, 2012, 05:16:26 AM
Good on ya  :)

LOL... Yes, I can relate, that the first time venturing in there is the hardest  :laugh:

There is a Sally Beauty store in my area but I would still make my GiGi wax kit purchases at their online store for the longest time

Well, rather than buying a whole new kit and paying shipping besides, I finally got up my nerve and went right in and got my refill of wax and application sticks

The gals there were very nice and helpful and all my woes and worries were for not and now I feel very comfortable to go there for any beauty stuff I might need  :)

Well it was a new "old" idea of being a blonde. It just came to me like two days ago, since my current guy I am seeing made me felt bad about my looks.. I dump him officially after he did that to me (he was on CL looking for others). We only started seeing each other at the start of Aug.

I wanted to be a blonde in my teens, and now I'm testing out more tg things.. it felt like a right time.

I don't think being a blonde is helping me with being a transsexual woman, but the fact I went into a beauty store did. It feels so wrong, yet so right. It wouldn't be the same if I was in a huge department store getting the supplies, then checking out at u-scan. They don't sell this stuff in department stores I believe...

I agree. They were very nice at Sally. I didn't say that in my first post. They help me get the right toner, and locate the bleach. It was because they went up to me and ask me about it, I said, "my wife". lmao..

whatever gets me through it.

I'm right now doing the strand test with the bleach/developer. I don't have a backup dye in case this fails, so I might as well test it first.
  •  

Ms. OBrien CVT

I go to Sally's all the time.  Even have my "Sally's" card.  They are always friendly.  Never had any problems.

It does not take courage or bravery to change your gender.  It takes fear of living one more day in the wrong one.~me
  •  

Wild Flower

lol I should had bought a stronger developer (30) like a 40 or 50. It's taking forever, and I had to rebleach again because I'm not going to walk outside like a ginger... which was an interesting look I do say. My hair is naturally darkest brown almost black.

It's taking hours though, and I think this will be the last time I am going to bleach hair. I'm going to just color it dark in a month from now when the roots are too apparent, and somehow buy a blonde lace wig.

done---

I still look like a ginger after one more bleach job, but I stop because I'm tired. Then I took a look back at it, I look hot as a ginger... and I pass as one. (shave my arm hair/bleach my eyebrows or else I wouldn't lol)
  •  

Alyx.

My mom works at sallys, so I always felt at home in there. They're super nice people and they're never rude or anything at all.  ;D
If you do not agree to my demands... TOO LATE
  •  

Lyric

Doing hair coloring yourself-- especially blonding-- is a pretty hit-or-miss proposition and it's usually a miss, I think. This is really a job for pro hair colorist. There's no need in doing that anytime soon, though, since you've already submitted your hair to bleaching. You will probably notice some changes to the color over the next few weeks, anyway. If you should decide to do any more coloring, please consider going to a stylist.

Wigs are great for what they are, but I doubt you'll consider one an ideal alternative to having your own blonde hair. Wearing a wig is like wearing a hat all day. A good one that's right for you can look great, but few wig buyers manage that. Your best bet is to muster the guts to go to a good wig dealer and fitted with one that suits your looks well.

~ Lyric ~
"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life." - Steve Jobs
  •  

justbeinggreene

when i was still in denial and presenting as male. i would go to Sally's for shave soap and shavettes cause i hated and still do hate my facial hair (hello laser) i have a card too and the one i go to is really quite helpful and supportive, the manager actually says hi Lauren! wanna try on wigs today? she rocks!
  •  

justbeinggreene

Quote from: alyx. on August 27, 2012, 12:34:17 AM
My mom works at sallys, so I always felt at home in there. They're super nice people and they're never rude or anything at all.  ;D

Never met a rude Sally's employee EVER. Your mom must be really supportive. ^_^ <3
  •