Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Loosing people

Started by KelliTGirl, October 17, 2005, 05:08:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KelliTGirl

In the last 3 days, I've had 2 of my best friends turn their back on me and walk away....and I'm tired of it.

I'm tired of getting close to people, trusting them, being vulnerable, and then having it thrown back in my face...

RAWR.
  •  

Sarah Louise

Sorry to hear that, unfortunately people can be like that.  It takes time to make good friends (something I never learned to do).

I moved every two or three years when I was growing up, so I never learned how to make friends.  I tried at first but gave up because I knew we would move and I would lose them.

Sarah
Nameless here for evermore!;  Merely this, and nothing more;
Tis the wind and nothing more!;  Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore!!"
  •  

stephanie_craxford

Quote from: KelliTGirl on October 17, 2005, 05:08:32 PM
In the last 3 days, I've had 2 of my best friends turn their back on me and walk away....and I'm tired of it.

I'm tired of getting close to people, trusting them, being vulnerable, and then having it thrown back in my face...

RAWR.

Friends can be hard on you that's for sure.   It kinda sucks that they would abandon you at the drop of a hat.   But one thing that you have to remember Kelli is that true friends will be there for you no matter what, and those that aren't where really just acquaintances.  It takes a special person to be considered as a friend, because those special people will be called upon to be there during those special times of need.

So don't feel so sad, just seek out others, they are out there... :)

Chat later,

Steph
  •  

Cassandra

Hi Kelli,

Sorry to here about your deserters. True friends will stick with you thru thick and thin. Those who don't were never really your friends. They were just friendly aquiantances you shared some good times with. Don't give up and don't get mad you only stress yourself out for people who really aren't worth the aggravation.

It is thru troubled times that the friends and aquaintances are sifted out. Kind of a seperation of the wheat from the chaff. Take comfort in those who stand by you and forget those who turn away.

Big Hugs,

Cassie
  •  

Miss Placed

*hugs Kelli*

I can't add any more sage words to the wonderful ones already posted, except to say that you have all of us, I know we are distant, but we are here.

•  

TorontoGirl4Life

Hey Kelli,

I know how you feel, I have lost quite A LOT of friends in the past few months. I've been a bit too vulnerable and they took advantage of that to screw me over. In the end I feel more happier that those who don't belong are gone. I'm sorry your friends have left you. No one deserves to be left alone !.

If you ever need someone to talk to hit me up !

•  

Julie Wilson

M2Fs are sometimes a little self focused and one effect of that is burning out friendships.  Besides that lots of people are uncomfortable with transition related things.

In any case being self focused is important and necessary, not saying you are.  Wish you the best and new friends galore.  ^_^
  •  

JennX

I haven't had it happen with any friends... yet.

But it has happened with close family members who at first said they were 100% behind me, no matter what... well not anymore. I guess they thought I was kidding, maybe I was going thru a phase (for the last 28 years  ???)... who knows. Forget about them.

Make new friends and move on. Life is too short for anything less.
"If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain."
-Dolly Parton
  •  

Annah

Quote from: TorontoGirl4Life on May 15, 2012, 11:45:12 AM
Hey Kelli,

I know how you feel

If you ever need someone to talk to hit me up !

Holy crap....you rezzed a thread from seven years ago?!?!

I have to say, this is the biggest thread rez I have seen in my internet lifetime. Congratze!
  •  

TorontoGirl4Life

Hahaha well at least we're making history aren't we now !

•  

Annah

yeah but you're talking to a girl who left the site years ago...she wont read the message.....

....did you spend like 12 hours flipping through pages to find this one?
  •  

TorontoGirl4Life

Not really, I just came across it. Oh well not a biggie now :-).

•  

Annah

•  

TorontoGirl4Life

Yeah, I am pretty new here so I have no clue whose here and whose not lol. Just looking to make some friends and help out where I can !.

•  

Kelli

Holy crap... That was an old post from me, I Think.

My Goddess how things change and get phenomenally better!

<3
"Aut inveniam viam aut faciam" (I will find a way or I will make one!)
  •  

Jennamoriss

Quote from: KelliTGirl on October 17, 2005, 05:08:32 PM

RAWR.

why this happened ?
  •  

CynthiaAnn

Quote from: Annah on May 15, 2012, 11:37:03 PM
Holy crap....you rezzed a thread from seven years ago?!?!

I have to say, this is the biggest thread rez I have seen in my internet lifetime. Congratze!

And here we are 7 years into the future  :) :)

Regarding this post, I lost a friend in a band once when I transitioned he turned into a transphobe on me, it sux when that happens, oh well, I replaced him...

C -

•