News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

The "Does my voice pass?" thread

Started by Isabelle, September 19, 2012, 02:14:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ms. OBrien CVT

Yes that is a lot better  Good Job, Alice

It does not take courage or bravery to change your gender.  It takes fear of living one more day in the wrong one.~me
  •  

Isabelle

Alice, you've come a really really long way in a really short time :) so awesome ! I'm really happy for you :)
  •  

alice10

Started transition October 2011
Went fulltime Nov 29 2012
SRS hopefully by 2014

•  

alice10

Thank you!  :) I haven't really tried but I can definitely add volume to it.
Started transition October 2011
Went fulltime Nov 29 2012
SRS hopefully by 2014

•  

Stephe

MUCH better! That would totally pass. And the more you use it, the stronger it gets. At first I couldn't use my female voice for more than 10 minutes or so, now I can talk for hours. Diaphragm breathing helps with volume a lot too.
  •  

Ms. OBrien CVT

I think it sounds good.  Very passable.

It does not take courage or bravery to change your gender.  It takes fear of living one more day in the wrong one.~me
  •  

Ms. OBrien CVT

Sounds like you are using chest resonance, which can make your voice sound more masculine.  Many women have a more masculine voice.  Try to get your voice to resonate more in the head.  Otherwise is sounds good.

•  

Ms. OBrien CVT

Much better.  Do you feel the difference?

•  

michelle666

Quote from: Ms. OBrien on November 11, 2012, 11:33:44 AM
Much better.  Do you feel the difference?

I do feel a difference.  How passable is it?
  •  

Ms. OBrien CVT

It is close.  A little more inflection, I am thinking.

•  

michelle666

•  

Ms. OBrien CVT

Alteration in pitch or tone of the voice.  Think sing song.   Rise and fall of the voice.  Listen to women speak and you should hear it.

•  

Beverly

OK. I am still working on my voice so here are two samples. The explanation is in the tracks.

Sample 1 - abnormal  http://snd.sc/ZqI0Oa

Sample 2 - normal http://snd.sc/Q6K915
  •  

Ms. OBrien CVT

The first does sound a little forced.  The second definitely sounds more natural.  And you sound like a Lot of English women I have heard.

•  

Beverly

Quote from: Ms. OBrien on November 11, 2012, 04:59:20 PM
The first does sound a little forced.  The second definitely sounds more natural.  And you sound like a Lot of English women I have heard.

Thank you.

Do you think I should work towards raising the pitch more or stick with my current level? Being 50 I do not want a schoolgirl's voice....

•  

Ms. OBrien CVT

You have the same tone and inflection as my BFF, who lives in Cornwall.  She is 25+ years post-op and no one has ever questioned her.  I would just stay with your current level.  At 50, one might expect a lower voice.  Just listen to Her Majesty.

•  

Beverly

Quote from: Ms. OBrien on November 12, 2012, 10:28:16 AM
You have the same tone and inflection as my BFF, who lives in Cornwall.  She is 25+ years post-op and no one has ever questioned her.  I would just stay with your current level.

Ok, thanks.

Quote from: Ms. OBrien on November 12, 2012, 10:28:16 AMAt 50, one might expect a lower voice.  Just listen to Her Majesty.

I refuse to learn 'Received Pronunciation' like HMQ. :D
  •