Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Am I the last person to have a dumb phone

Started by Christine, September 23, 2012, 01:30:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christine

It seems Everybody has a smart phone except me. Am I missing something here? Texting,  Surfing the net on a tiny screen tiny keys to punch and a big phone to carry. Am I just getting cranky and set in my ways or what?   I am probably just to cheap to by a data plan.
  •  

Jamie D

•  

Ave

I can see me
I can see you
Are you me?
Or am I you?
  •  

Devlyn

I just upgraded to a smartphone, it's smarter than I am and likes to prove it! Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Christine

I think the day will be here soon when we will all be forced into them by the phone companies
  •  

Jamie D

My cell phone doesn't even have a camera.

Luckily for all of you!
  •  

Snowpaw

Nah we still have a old phone that is so old it saw the towers fall. I just recently got a pay as you go phone by lg that has the looks of the smartphones but the capabilities of old phones.
  •  

Christine

Quote from: Snowpaw on September 23, 2012, 02:07:21 PM
Nah we still have a old phone that is so old it saw the towers fall. .

How do you keep a phone that long? I either break it, drop it, or drown it in the sink or some other wet environment.  You are good girl and obviously allot more coordinated than I. I must be clumsy as I keep dropping mine.
  •  

Snowpaw

Quote from: Christine on September 23, 2012, 02:20:54 PM
How do you keep a phone that long? I either break it, drop it, or drown it in the sink or some other wet environment.  You are good girl and obviously allot more coordinated than I. I must be clumsy as I keep dropping mine.

It's got scrapes, scratches etc but it was built like a brick. It works for what we need it for :)
  •  

Kitteh Engimeer

Too costly... I'm not willing to splurge for a data plan, either.

Gotsta save up moneh for surgery, too, mmhmm.
  •  

Amazon D

My cell phone is so old it won't fit in your pocket and it doesn't work here anyway

gave up mine a long time ago

bad addiction now i am freeeeeee

you can be free tooo  just toss it awayyyyyyyyyyyy
I'm an Amazon womyn + very butch + respecting MWMF since 1999 unless invited. + I AM A HIPPIE

•  

Jamie D

Quote from: Amazon D on September 23, 2012, 02:49:50 PM
My cell phone is so old it won't fit in your pocket and it doesn't work here anyway

gave up mine a long time ago

bad addiction now i am freeeeeee

you can be free tooo  just toss it awayyyyyyyyyyyy

I'm with you, D!
  •  

Alexis

Often I flirt with the idea of going back to a dumb phone. It was so much easier. All I had to do was focus on calling and texting.

That said, I have a terrible love/hate relationship going on with my phone. I need it for important emails and what not, and it sucks that people know I'm attached to the stupid thing, but I love being able to check for absolutely anything. And the camera is so helpful for hilarious blackmail photos of friends (it works both ways though :laugh:)
  •  

Elsa

I just got one this month!!! www.sonymobile.com/global-en/products/phones/xperia-u/
I bought it with my heart although my brain tells me I should have gone for this: www.sonymobile.com/global-en/products/phones/xperia-sola/
I don't recommend my phone to anyone but I totally am in love with it- it has this coool led lights that I can change to my mood/ picture art for the song am listening to/picture am seeing. (edit: the lights cause it to lag a bit and it doesnt take a memory card so thats why I recommend the other one)

was saving for it for about 2 years before one ... as well as a lot of other things ... got it at huge discount in exchange for not taking a warranty and is not that expensive.
(edit: i didnt wanna spend too much on it so didnt save much since most of my savings would go to laser and other things I reallly need)

so yup, am very excited by it - my old phone forced me to delete my precious texts and pics that were sent to me and although I loved that phone I hated what it did to my texts that I had usually saved for a year and contained a lot of memories for me not to mentioned made my job difficult.

my job and things out here require me to have a phone and am sooo attached to it.
Sometimes when life is a fight - we just have to fight back and say screw you - I want to live.

Sometimes we just need to believe.
  •  

Snowpaw

I gotta say, I love smart phones because for someone with social anxiety like me, they sure make my GLBT meetings more bearable. Also classes. My hands have to keep moving or I will spaz out. I went from a gameboy, to a psp to a smart phone.
  •  

Veronique

Haha you guys must be kidding. The "newest" phone i ever had was still 2-3 years behind up to date technology. Never had a Iphone, smartphone or all that mumbo jumbo. The last two year i've been sporting a crazy low tech phone which costed a whopping 17 euro. And i'm 20 years old. Guess i never really cared because i don't get called - ever, nor do i call. I put 10 euro call credit on my phone around 10 months ago, i bet i still have 4-5 euro left.  ::)
Hard ground makes strong roots.
  •  

tekla

I really, really - no REALLY - hate the fact that people are expected to be instantly reachable in three different electronic forms now - though since two of them are text based it's somewhat better than phone calls.  And I have learned to love the map/GPS function (which in my area goes down small enough to pick up trails, bike trails and fire roads).  But I've had mine for 6 months now and haven't added a single app, so I'm not as cool as I look.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

Ms. OBrien CVT

I just have a cheapy Cricket phone.  Good enough to text from and phone calls.

It does not take courage or bravery to change your gender.  It takes fear of living one more day in the wrong one.~me
  •  

Sly

I still have a dumbphone but it's only because I'm too poor for a smartphone data plan.

Elsa

Sometimes when life is a fight - we just have to fight back and say screw you - I want to live.

Sometimes we just need to believe.
  •