Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Music you are listening to now

Started by Rita, September 24, 2012, 11:43:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CalmRage

Quote from: learningtolive on June 04, 2013, 11:57:37 AM
I love the Final Cut.  Though it is depressing and pretty much a Roger Waters' solo album. 

Eh, I've tried to like ITTOD, but it doesn't grab me.  In the evening and AOML are great songs, but the rest leave me bored.  Caroselambra has a few good moments, but Zep shouldn't have attempted prog.  It's not their style. 

Since we are talking about depressing music.... currently Listening to:

Dimitri Shostakovich - 5th Symphony.  The Bernstein/NY Philharmonic version

Have you heard Presence? Achilles Last Stand, For Your Life, Nobody's Fault But Mine and Tea For One are standouts. No song ever encapsulated my loneliness like the latter one.
  •  

Ltl89

Quote from: CalmRage on June 04, 2013, 12:00:04 PM
Have you heard Presence? Achilles Last Stand, For Your Life, Nobody's Fault But Mine and Tea For One are standouts. No song ever encapsulated my loneliness like the latter one.

Presence is a great album.  Tea For One is depressing, but it's understandable given the fact that Robert Plant wrote the lyrics while he was healing after the car accident.
  •  

CalmRage

Quote from: learningtolive on June 04, 2013, 12:21:52 PM
Presence is a great album.  Tea For One is depressing, but it's understandable given the fact that Robert Plant wrote the lyrics while he was healing after the car accident.

a family member is in the same position as Robert at the moment. However, he is not alone, even though i am a little more occupied with myself at the moment and i'm getting surer everyday. I am slowly allowing myself to be feminine. I am more and more seeing myself as Sara.
  •  

Jess42

Quote from: Simon on June 02, 2013, 12:28:39 AM
I remember being 5 and utterly in love with Tawny Kitaen when I first seen this video. Little me was just  :o.

Whitesnake-Here I Go Again

I remember when she was on the cover of Ratt's "Out of the Cellar" album. Of course that was a casette tape and you really needed the magnifying glass to see her good enough. I miss vinyl sometimes. She was a rockstar in the eighties and never played an instrument or picked up a mic.
  •  

CalmRage

Montana - Frank Zappa

I'm pluckin' the ol'
Dennil Floss
That's growin' on the prairie
Pluckin' the floss!
I plucked all day an' all nite an' all
Afternoon . . .

I'm ridin' a small tiny hoss
(His name is MIGHTY LITTLE)
He's a good hoss
Even though
He's a bit dinky to strap a big saddle or
Blanket on anyway
He's a bit dinky to strap a big saddle or
Blanket on anyway
Any way

I'm pluckin' the ol'
Dennil Floss
Even if you think it is a little silly, folks
I don't care if you think it's silly, folks
I don't care if you think it's silly, folks

•  

CalmRage

Listening to two home demos i made a few months ago with the vocals mixed out. Got to do something with that guitar riff one day.

Demo 1 (only guitar riff and variations)
Demo 2 (two guitars, one of them overdubbed and pitch-shifted, mixed-out vocal, programmed drums and the melody from She's Not There by the Zombies quoted at the end)
  •  

JoW

Rock'n'Roll Suicide - David Bowie

No don't worry, it's the low point of my angst playlist, I've got 5 more tracks to bring me up again afterwards.
  •  

CalmRage

Take the following songs:

Don't Leave Me Now - Pink Floyd
Hey You - Pink Floyd
Nobody's Home - Pink Floyd
Outside the Wall - Pink Floyd
Mother Love - Queen
Watermelon In Easter Hay (10.31.1978) - Frank Zappa
Super Trouper - Deep Purple
Sail Away - Deep Purple
Outside Now - Frank Zappa
He Used To Cut The Grass (Outside Now part 2) - Frank Zappa

Mix them together and you got yourself a depressed Sara.
  •  

misschievous

"Shame" Matchbox 20
"Kody"    Matchbox 20
"Fool To Think" DMB
"Space Between" DMB
These songs always makes me miss My First and only girlfriend.
"Rhyme and Reason" DMB
Lately makes me think struggles with suppressing- dealing- and eventually accepting being TG
I have all my feelings in one song or another of Dave Matthews Band

PS Favorite band lol
:icon_lips:

"Hands and Feet are all Alike, but Fear still Divides Us."

"Cry Freedom"
                                                                       DMB
  •  

CalmRage

Going To California - Led Zeppelin
Tangerine - Led Zeppelin (always fascinated me, this song, just the right chord progression)
Gallows Pole - Led Zeppelin (cover of the old folk tune "The Maid Freed From The Gallows")

•  

K Style Addiction

All I can say is that my life is pretty plain, I like watchin' the puddles gather rain.

Despite all my rage, I'm still just a rat in a cage
  •  

King Malachite

Sailor Mars Song - Eien no Melody (Eternal Melody)
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

CalmRage

Stay With Me (All Night Long) - The Tranquility Rage (actually just me with programmed drums)

and then:

(Playing A Guitar Solo With This Band Is Like Trying To Grow A )Watermelon In Easter Hay - Frank Zappa

I don't really agree with Zappa's views, especially on songs such as "You Are What You Is". It's people's own business what they want to be or need to be, Frank.

•  

King Malachite

Tekken 2 OST - Emotionless Passion ~ Kazuya's Theme (Arranged Version)
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

CalmRage

The Beatles - I'm So Tired (2009 Stereo Remaster)

Give you everything i've got for a little peace of mind, indeed.
  •  

Ltl89

Quote from: CalmRage on June 05, 2013, 10:31:05 AM
Stay With Me (All Night Long) - The Tranquility Rage (actually just me with programmed drums)

and then:

(Playing A Guitar Solo With This Band Is Like Trying To Grow A )Watermelon In Easter Hay - Frank Zappa

I don't really agree with Zappa's views, especially on songs such as "You Are What You Is". It's people's own business what they want to be or need to be, Frank.

I love Frank, but he was a bit backwards on certain social issues.  I mean he essential blames the women's liberation movement for homosexuality in "Bobby Brown",lol.  He was a talented man that had some great ideas, but he was also a bit full of himself at times. 

Currently Listening to:
Emerson Lake & Palmer- Karn Evil 9
  •  

CalmRage

Quote from: learningtolive on June 05, 2013, 10:52:17 AM
I love Frank, but he was a bit backwards on certain social issues.  I mean he essential blames the women's liberation movement for homosexuality in "Bobby Brown",lol.  He was a talented man that had some great ideas, but he was also a bit full of himself at times. 

Currently Listening to:
Emerson Lake & Palmer- Karn Evil 9

He sure was  :D

You Are What You Is is a great record despite that. Got it on record.

The songs all tell some kind of story.
  •  

Ltl89

Quote from: CalmRage on June 05, 2013, 10:54:18 AM
He sure was  :D

You Are What You Is is a great record despite that. Got it on record.

The songs all tell some kind of story.

I agree with you there.  "The meek shall inherit nothing" and "heavenly bank account" are some of my favourite Zappa moments.   I believe this was Vai's first album in the band.  Though, that's just going off memory so I could be wrong.

currently Listening-
Yes- Gates of Delirium
  •  

CalmRage

Quote from: learningtolive on June 05, 2013, 11:10:49 AM
I agree with you there.  "The meek shall inherit nothing" and "heavenly bank account" are some of my favourite Zappa moments.   I believe this was Vai's first album in the band.  Though, that's just going off memory so I could be wrong.

currently Listening-
Yes- Gates of Delirium

For all your Zappa needs:

http://globalia.net/donlope/fz/

All lyrics and release dates and Steve Vai's first album was "Tinsel Town Rebellion". He started off transcribing solos from live tapes for Zappa in 1979. He couldn't take him on tour because he wasn't of age yet. Once he was he joined the group for the second tour in 1980.
  •  

Ltl89

Quote from: CalmRage on June 05, 2013, 11:14:29 AM
For all your Zappa needs:

http://globalia.net/donlope/fz/

All lyrics and release dates and Steve Vai's first album was "Tinsel Town Rebellion". He started off transcribing solos from live tapes for Zappa in 1979. He couldn't take him on tour because he wasn't of age yet. Once he was he joined the group for the second tour in 1980.

I never knew that.  Thanks for sharing.  I'm a big zappa fan, but I don't compare to the hardcore fans. 
  •