Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

My low dose HRT experience (was 9 month low dose HRT)

Started by luna nyan, November 21, 2012, 08:05:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnonyMs

Just a guess, but I suspect most people who try to go this low dose don't manage it very long. There's not many people doing it.
  •  

luna nyan

Quote from: AnonyMs on July 22, 2016, 09:45:32 PM
Just a guess, but I suspect most people who try to go this low dose don't manage it very long. There's not many people doing it.
Well, I managed 2 years before I ended up on transition ranges on the blood work.

It wasn't a deliberate decision to do so though - it was more a consequence of seeking an alternative to daily medication with pills.  I suppose some might take that as an excuse, but I still feel that that was truly the reason at the time.

Now would I drop back to lower levels?   No, unless further changes make things awkward for me.
Drifting down the river of life...
My 4+ years non-transitioning HRT experience
Ask me anything!  I promise you I know absolutely everything about nothing! :D
  •  

judithlynn

Hi Anonymous;
I managed four just over 3 years, before the dysphoria breakouts started getting more frequent again, because the body was so used to the Oestrogen regime (and/or, T started spiking again!).
Judith
:-*
Hugs

•  

AnonyMs

I don't know why I couldn't take low dose anymore, but I ended up seriously depressed by the end of it. I'm not sure when the depression started as I didn't realize until it got really bad. I must have gotten used to it at some point, or perhaps I was trying to ignore it.

I didn't really understood what dysphoria was before that, but when everything got bad that did too. And then I realized I'd had it when I was around 18 and tried cross dressing. I thought that appalling feeling was just that cross dressing wasn't my thing. If only I'd known. What an idiot.

That was a really scary time, and I could see it was going to end badly if I didn't do something. I finally saw a doctor and started a transitioning dose, saw a psych, made a few decisions, and all the depression just evaporated.

If it happens again I'll end up socially transitioning, because I can't face that again.
  •  

alexia

Thank you for Luna and others contributing to this topic as I am considering the low dose non social transition and this has been very helpful.  I have a question about how easy is it to hid the breast growth during summer?  From what I understand a sports bra will compress the breasts but how do you hid the sports bra?  Fortunately I am concerned about skin cancer so I wear a rashy top when swimming and usually t shirts or shirts but would the outline of the sports bra still be visible.  Also would a sports compression singlet (eg Skins top) provide the same result as a sports bra?  I don't intend to start hrt until next year so I do have time to experiment before any changes occur.

thank you
Alexia   
  •  

luna nyan

Dark and loose fitting clothing hides a lot.  Swimming is harder though if you get significant nipple development, even with a rashy.
  •  

Paige

Quote from: luna nyan on August 03, 2016, 03:33:21 AM
Dark and loose fitting clothing hides a lot.  Swimming is harder though if you get significant nipple development, even with a rashy.

Hi Luna,

I've just been on low dose for a month.  My nipples have gotten slightly bigger.  They become harder and stick out rather noticeably at times.  Will this happen more and more as time goes on?  Love the feeling but it does seem to show a bit when I'm wearing a t-shirt.

Thanks,
Paige :)
  •  

spx_1112

Congrats Paige. Breast growth is a wonderful feeling. Sports Bra, Cami or Bra will help with that.  Hugs Shannon
  •  

rochyrob

Has anyone tried a ftm binding swimming top?
Danae makes some.

I found them with a google image search for FtM binding swimmingtop
  •  

Deborah

I'm not sure that people really notice as much as we fear.    Or maybe they're all just polite.  Either way, I just don't worry about it.  My dysphoria is mostly under control and I fear that if I start worrying about hiding things it will come back.
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

Paige

Quote from: spx_1112 on August 03, 2016, 09:46:51 AM
Congrats Paige. Breast growth is a wonderful feeling. Sports Bra, Cami or Bra will help with that.  Hugs Shannon

Thanks Shannon, I'm not sure where I'm going with this, but it seems to feel right.
  •  

spx_1112

Paige. PM me if you want to stay in touch. Hugs Shannon
  •  

luna nyan

Quote from: Paige on August 03, 2016, 09:41:21 AM
Hi Luna,

I've just been on low dose for a month.  My nipples have gotten slightly bigger.  They become harder and stick out rather noticeably at times.  Will this happen more and more as time goes on?  Love the feeling but it does seem to show a bit when I'm wearing a t-shirt.

Thanks,
Nipple development varies from person to person.  As the others have said, we usually are more conscious than the other people around us, so don't worry too much unless you end up with extreme development.  :)
  •  

Paige

Quote from: luna nyan on August 04, 2016, 07:44:03 AM
Nipple development varies from person to person.  As the others have said, we usually are more conscious than the other people around us, so don't worry too much unless you end up with extreme development.  :)

Hi Luna,
No extreme here yet.  I guess I should be okay.
Thanks,
  •  

alexia

Thanks Luna.  I guess I can use the rashy to hide the top that I'll use to hide any nipple or breast development.  I'll probably end up having more tops on swimming then when not :)  I don't do much swimming unless on holidays with the kids (too cold in Mt Gambier) so shouldn't be too big an issue.  If worst case occurs I can come out to a select few without social transitioning.  I must admit that it seems weird that all my life I've wanted breasts but now not wanting them to be  too obvious.

And congrats Paige on your development and I'm looking forward to when I start my low dose.

Alexia
  •  

kaitylynn

When mine were in early development (3 to 6 months, transitional dosage), they were easily viewed as 'moobs', despite my body seeming a little thin for that to be so.  It has not been till recently that they have become obvious for what they are and even my loosest shirts do not hide them really.

I would think on low dose, you should be good for a year or so.  The issue, if there is one is not so much size as shape.  I have a sister who was low dose for three years before finally 'going for it'.  At about a year and a half, she had developed a AA chest.  It was obvious to me, but only a couple of people not in the know figured anything out and then only because of a wet shirt incident.  After that first year, her breasts started to hurt and develop fuller...even for her low dose regimen.
Katherine Lynn M.

You've got a light that always guides you.
You speak of hope and change as something good.
Live your truth and know you're not alone.

The restart - 20-Oct-2015
Legal name and gender change affirmed - 27-Sep-2016
Breast Augmentation (Dr. Gupta) - 27-Aug-2018
  •  

alexia

Thanks Kaitylynn.  I guess I will monitor progress as it occurs and modify accordingly.  I'm mainly hoping the people I know won't put 2 and 2 together because its so unexpected.  But I'll prepare answers if necessary.  Plus I won't start facial hair (or other hair) removal for awhile now (which annoys me a bit) so that should help hiding.

Alexia
  •  

JS UK

Quote from: alexia on August 08, 2016, 06:28:42 PM
Thanks Kaitylynn.  I guess I will monitor progress as it occurs and modify accordingly.  I'm mainly hoping the people I know won't put 2 and 2 together because its so unexpected.  But I'll prepare answers if necessary.  Plus I won't start facial hair (or other hair) removal for awhile now (which annoys me a bit) so that should help hiding.

Alexia

Facial hair removal takes a long time in a lot of cases. You ought to give some thought to starting that ASAP imho. You don't want to be forced to transition by your chest whilst in the middle of removing it. That's my worst nightmare and why I've going through it now, one year before I plan on transitioning.

Jx
If you want to walk on water you've got to get out of the boat!
  •  

alexia

I've considered facial hair removal, Jx, I even go to a beauty therapist who has had transgender clients previously.  My wife is just not ready for that yet.  The bonus is that I don't have much facial hair.  However, I'm not considering starting hrt until next year.  So I have time to renegotiate with my wife.  Ie if she prefers me to delay hrt but allows facial hair removal I'll consider it.  Also if I take to hormones to well I'll consider stopping.  The reason for the long delay and talking on the forums is that I can make as many plans and alternate plans as I can.  Although in my experience reality seldom matches theory:)
  •  

kaitylynn

Hey Alexia,

Aside from expense, laser hair removal is something that would not really be too obvious if you shave regularly anyway, at least to people around you (IE, wife).  It would only really be obvious if you decided to let it grow out and ended up with really spotty areas of hair.  I know a few CIS men who have had laser so that they look clean all throughout the day.

Not saying that you should be dishonest with your wife.
Katherine Lynn M.

You've got a light that always guides you.
You speak of hope and change as something good.
Live your truth and know you're not alone.

The restart - 20-Oct-2015
Legal name and gender change affirmed - 27-Sep-2016
Breast Augmentation (Dr. Gupta) - 27-Aug-2018
  •