Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

My low dose HRT experience (was 9 month low dose HRT)

Started by luna nyan, November 21, 2012, 08:05:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paige

Hi Luna,

Glad you're still doing well. I'm 3+ years low E.  I'm told I look very young for my age of 56.  Breasts are almost an A but I can still hide them.  I do crave a full transition dose now but the low dose has definitely helped delay things.

Thanks for starting this thread.
Paige :) 
  •  

Autrement

Thank you Paige and Luna, for toi experiences.
I am now nearly 4 years on E + T blocker, on transition dose since a year or so, still no social transition, but I wonder if I will not decide to do it in a few months.

Do you think you might socially transition at some point?

Hugs.

Pascale
  •  

Paige

Quote from: Autrement on March 18, 2019, 01:28:07 AM
I am now nearly 4 years on E + T blocker, on transition dose since a year or so, still no social transition, but I wonder if I will not decide to do it in a few months.

Hugs.

Pascale

Hi Pascale,

I debate full transitioning daily.  It would be so nice to finally be myself and not hide anymore.  I have a wife of 30+ years and two daughters in their early twenties.  My whole calculation is based on whether my transitioning will be too disruptive for their lives. 

My wife is not supportive, she barely tolerates me being transgender and taking low dose E.  She hates my body changes.   I get it, she's not a lesbian and embarrassed by me.  It appears that something will soon have to give because this is driving us both crazy.

I look at low dose as a delaying tactic.  I don't think of it as a cure for dysphoria but a coping mechanism. As long as I still see some small changes forward, I'm okay.  I've tried to stop or reduce my dose a few times and I became extremely depressed.  I can't think about life without transitioning at some point.  It's a hope that keeps me going.

Pascale good luck with your transition decision.   I have a feeling I'll be following you at some point.
Take care,
Paige :)
  •  

Autrement

Many thanks Paige.
I am in the same situation with a 30 year happy marriage to a wife who is not a lesbian...

Hugs.

Pascale
  •  

WishnHopeN

My experience low dose HRT for 3 years:

I have been prescribed 1 mg of Estradiol (pill) that I have been taking for three years now.  I'm also prescribed Spironolactone <dosage removed> which I have never taken because I don't want to deal with erectile dysfunction.  I think my Dr knows that I'm not taking the Spiro but it's not discussed.  All of my levels look healthy (from blood and urine tests): testosterone is low for a dude but high for a woman, estrogen is low for a woman but high for a man, kidney and liver labs all come back healthy.  My "bad cholesterol" increased, recently, but I think that's because I went Keto.

Overall I really love my little Estradiol pills.

I went full time 1 year ago and it's been going great.  Life fits much better and I don't have to pretend to be a dude anymore.

I grew almost no boob on HRT but my Dr said there's been some growth.  I got implants about 8 months ago.

My skin hasn't changed that I'm aware of.  I've gotten a lot of Sculptra and I'm fanatic about (toxin free) skin care so my skin looks pretty good for a 47 year old.

There has been no erectile dysfunction in fact I would say that there's been an  increase in erectile functioning but that doesn't make any sense to me scientifically. 

Erogenous zones have widened and are no longer restricted to the original locations.  Sex has gotten better overall since starting Estradiol.

No change in the hair on my head that I'm aware of.

Body hair hasn't changed except with laser hair removal. 

Facial hair was already gone before starting HRT.

Mood changes were severe when I started HRT for two weeks and then calmed down.  When I've gone off HRT before surgeries my mood gets wacky but I expect it so it's tolerable.

My ex boyfriend said that my body shape is more feminine now than it was 2 years ago in regards to fat redistribution.  Keeping the fat off is a LOT more difficult now.

If I decide to have bottom surgery I will go higher with the doses as well as take testosterone blockers (spiro).
  •  

luna nyan

Quote from: Autrement on March 18, 2019, 01:28:07 AM

Hugs.

Pascale

I won't  say I'll never socially transition because that's pretty absolute, but I would say it's unlikely as I'm reasonably content and the social/financial costs of transitioning aren't worth it for me at this point in time.
Drifting down the river of life...
My 4+ years non-transitioning HRT experience
Ask me anything!  I promise you I know absolutely everything about nothing! :D
  •  

DebbySoufflage

This whole thread was very insightful and informative.

This goes to show that low or moderate or high dose is not the same for everyone and that terms like low dose or high dose are vague.

I personally am on 1/2 of what my GP considers a regular E-dose and I absolutely feel great on this. My levels are always fabulous and in the female range. I didn't even need a T-blocker. A bit of E was all I needed to drive my T-levels into the abyss.

Good for the liver and for my wallet :-D

Very great results here with "low" dose. My breasts have grown to almost a C-cup ( EU-size), my hip bones have widened and my skin is super soft. My face also significantly changed to the point that people thought I had had FFS when it were just the changes HRT had given me.
I seem to be very responsive to estrogen.
  •  

AnneK

QuoteOverall I really love my little Estradiol pills.

Me too.
I'm a 65 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

Started HRT April 17, 2019.
  •  

judithlynn

Hi Girls;

Well it has been nearly 10 months since I last posted my progress on the Luna Nyan conversation. Here is what my situation is.

I have been on a combined Oestrogen and Progesterone regime now for nearly two years (6.5 years on Oestrogen only) and just under 2 years on Prometrium. I am on a 14 days Oestrogen only regime (taken twice a day at 10am and 10pm) and 14 days on the combined regime. I take Prometrium at night time after my evening Oestrogen tablet. Prometrium tends to make me very sleepy and it apparently promotes a relaxed sleep.

Since commencing it, for the last 14 days I find that I am emotionally very stable and just feel very feminine and a lot more relaxed.

In the last 6 months I have had some minor surgery with another bit (repair of a small hernia )due soon. For these periods I was asked to stop my HRT program three weeks before surgery. I found this period very difficult, in that after 2 weeks I had recurrence of the dysphoria again which combined to make me very depressed.  However once back on  my combined regime, 1 week after surgery I was much better, although on the combined regime I noticed that I had  the recurrence of symptoms such as Hot flashes, morning headache and brief nausea. My Endo explained that was because of my body re-adjusting to  from my low levels of Estrogen and Progesterone.

I am still on the 14 day cycle regime with my Progesterone as, although my Endo has suggested now the i should do it continuously  I do find that by Day 28, the progesterone felt very cloying and I need the break.. However interestingly when I cycled down before the surgery from 2 tablets of my Oestrogen to 1 and then to zero, I found that one plus the Progesterone capsule at night didn't have the same effect.

Interestingly in the last 12 months, despite reaching a plateau with breast growth at the 5 year level 44C (small C) in the weeks on the combined regime I have been getting bouts of itching and soreness in my Areolae and Nipples again every month. During this latter 14 day period, my nipples seem to be permanently erect and my nipples have now grown exponentially into very obviously womanly nipples. They are about 6cms wide now.

I have also had upper pole growth of my breasts and also much more tissue in the breasts especially towards the armpit. This makes them look more rounded, however unless pressed together in  a balconnet bra, I still don't have the volume to give me a good cleavage.

My Oestrogen levels are overall now quite high each month at last reading in February it was 498 pmol/L and Progestrogen as  14.9 nmol/L, with my T levels under 1.0. Interestingly my Prolactin levels were 283 mIU/L (My endo checked it  in relation to the Progesterone levels)

I am still finding that I get the PMS type feelings around the 12th to 14th of every month A when I get very moody, cry a lot at the slightest thing and even get tummy cramps. My skin is also super-soft on the 2nd part of the month. Also my libido rises on the second cycle and I generally seem to notice men's scent then.

My nails are a lot less brittle and overall stronger. Also  my body hair has become very vellus type and lighter and in some parts especially my décolleté and tummy and pubic region almost completely disappeared (mind you  I have had laser treatment there), but re-growth has been almost non existent. I recently had a full bikini line wax  with a bermuda triangle with a very satisfying result. I then followed with laser treatment of the area after three weeks. Now 13 weeks later, I have had almost no re-growth and what hair there is, is very soft and downy.

Since starting on  Progesterone, my buttocks have become quite rounded. I have continued to add fat to my buttocks and girlfriends and men have commented on how I now have a very nice rounded bottom and apparently I am getting a pronounced S curve from my back to buttocks

I have also put on fatty tissue on my thighs and lower abdomen  below the belly button and down to the Pubis.

My Endo said this is atypical womens fat

Overall I really like the results, but I am not sure I could take a full month on the combined regime.
Judith
:-*
Hugs

•  

VivianB

It would be nice to go on low dose HRT, just to deal with my dysphoria. However I cannot due to my current situation.
  •  

AnneK

Quote from: VivianB on May 16, 2019, 12:24:47 PM
It would be nice to go on low dose HRT, just to deal with my dysphoria. However I cannot due to my current situation.

Why can't you?  My endo has me on what he calls low dose, but it's certainly having an effect on my breasts.
I'm a 65 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

•  

VivianB

Quote from: AnneK on May 16, 2019, 12:28:44 PM
Why can't you?  My endo has me on what he calls low dose, but it's certainly having an effect on my breasts.

I have a very violent and transphobic brother who comes over every Saturday.
  •  

AnneK

Quote from: VivianB on May 16, 2019, 12:51:46 PM
I have a very violent and transphobic brother who comes over every Saturday.

Sorry, I wasn't aware of that.  Is there anyway you can stop him from coming over?

•  

VivianB

Quote from: AnneK on May 16, 2019, 12:53:00 PM
Sorry, I wasn't aware of that.  Is there anyway you can stop him from coming over?

Not really. I am still looking into ways to stop him. If I can stop him then I hope I can start low HRT.
  •