Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Your new look...

Started by DietFresca, November 30, 2012, 11:03:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DietFresca

I was curious to know if anyone who has been through a MtF or FtM transition has noticed any difference in their vision.  I was surprised to learn recently that androgens, certain male hormones, actually play a role in the function of the visual cortex.  Differences in availability of these hormones actually change the way that men and women process visual information.

So as a result men tend to be better at noticing finer details and detecting movement... and women are better at distinguishing hues.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/04/men-women-vision-gender-study_n_1854660.html

Another fascinating factoid about sex and vision, in women sexual arousal actually slows down the visual cortex making it harder for them to process visual information when aroused... which is interesting and sounds like a rather merciful thing for the female brain to do since men don't really have anything worth looking at during sex.  :D
Ramona Flowers :icon_flower:
  •  

Kevin Peña

Quote from: DietFresca on November 30, 2012, 11:03:41 PM
So as a result men tend to be better at noticing finer details and detecting movement... and women are better at distinguishing hues.

That explains so much. I know women who can actually appreciate color. I just know "blue," not "aquamarine" or some other slightly different spectral variation of blue.  ::)

Quote from: DietFresca on November 30, 2012, 11:03:41 PM
Another fascinating factoid about sex and vision, in women sexual arousal actually slows down the visual cortex making it harder for them to process visual information when aroused... which is interesting and sounds like a rather merciful thing for the female brain to do since men don't really have anything worth looking at during sex.  :D

My aunt says that men look like they're mid-stroke during orgasm.  ???
  •  

Gauge

My eyes changed shape got bigger and rounder. Also my vision changed, but I don't know if that was from the hrt or not. As to detail I have no problem in my family's business I was a retoucher where detail is everything. There are a lot a great female artists masters of (detail), and athletes great at (detecting movement). So I am not sure how the study was done maybe they should have popped espn on first.  ;)
  •  

Silvermist

Quote from: DietFresca on November 30, 2012, 11:03:41 PMwhich is interesting and sounds like a rather merciful thing for the female brain to do since men don't really have anything worth looking at during sex.  :D
I would disagree with that. It depends on the man and his face and/or physique.

If anything, that factoid might give hope to plain-looking guys who want to score with hot women.

•  

Shang

Quote from: DianaP on December 01, 2012, 12:48:27 AM

My aunt says that men look like they're mid-stroke during orgasm.  ???

I will say that that has been true of just about every guy that I've been with.  Men just look funny to me when they orgasm and pretty much during the whole sexual encounter.  Then again I haven't been with any man that I would consider particularly good looking.

But, I think that's a neat article.  I, personally, can tell the different hues of things and I enjoy it a lot though there are certain colors that I just can't see which is why I'll never be a painter.
  •  

DietFresca

Quote from: Arawn Gabriel on December 07, 2012, 04:42:41 PM
  Men just look funny to me when they orgasm and pretty much during the whole sexual encounter.  Then again I haven't been with any man that I would consider particularly good looking.

Too true, I'm so self conscious about the face I make during orgasm... especially after watching this video:

I hope I don't look that goofy... at any rate here's the female answer to the first video:

Ramona Flowers :icon_flower:
  •  

Shang

Quote from: DietFresca on December 07, 2012, 09:31:14 PM
Too true, I'm so self conscious about the face I make during orgasm... especially after watching this video:

1.  Awesome videos.

2.  If it helps any, girls also look odd though a little more graceful, lol.  Orgasms just make everyone look silly. :P Especially according to Metatron.
  •  

Kevin Peña

Does testosterone also affect your ability to hear, because those ladies in the video were very inaudible at some points.  ???
  •  

Emily Aster

I've never had a problem with the hues. What I've had a problem with is identification of those hues, so I just use the color they look closest to and try to describe it further by brightness or adding other color"ish" stuff to it.
  •