News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

I'm sad. Next shunt hrt :(

Started by Medusa, June 12, 2012, 06:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medusa

I'm sad and angry  :icon_chainsaw:
My wife say that I can do what I want and she don't want to know about me.
So I go to my therapist and say that I want to start full transformation.
And result? He want to talk to my mum (Hm? Ok..), I must go to psychiatrist (Hm? I already was there ... but it is free and take no longer than 2 or 3 weeks so why not at all), so he see it that we should start at fall/winter -> WHAT???  :eusa_wall: he agree to start low dose now, and now when I'm prepared to start it he shunt it again because I want more  ???
I can't describe my feelings, I'm going there almost two years and nothing from it  >:( 
IMVU: MedusaTheStrange
  •  

jsorter

Girl, sounds to me like you need to move on to somewhere else. 
  •  

Medusa

I can move, but it will take also long time and new examination and take again at least year  :'(
IMVU: MedusaTheStrange
  •  

Sephirah

You have the rest of your life to be yourself. That's a long, long time. When compared to that, is a few more months really such a long time to wait to make sure it's done right?

Maybe start making plans for what you're going to do once you do start taking the steps you desperately want to, in order to take your mind off it and give you something to do.
Natura nihil frustra facit.
  •  

Asfsd4214

Quote from: Sephirah on June 12, 2012, 10:33:12 AM
You have the rest of your life to be yourself. That's a long, long time. When compared to that, is a few more months really such a long time to wait to make sure it's done right?

Maybe start making plans for what you're going to do once you do start taking the steps you desperately want to, in order to take your mind off it and give you something to do.

Ok, I'm a little sick of people making excuses for corrupt psychs, so I'm just going to make this post real blunt.

You're wrong... so very, very wrong, and this is why.

She MAY have the rest of her life to be herself, or she may get run down by a bus at 27. A few months wait will be a few extra months of living as her true self that she'll never get back. Furthermore her profile lists her as 25, which is why this disrespectful psych thinks he has any right to be talking to her mother as if she's not an adult herself.

And finally, at 25 there's no time to waste on starting at the very least androgen blocks. Yes yes I know there's many 70 year old TS's who'll happily proclaim that they pass just fine and are happy as themselves and all that jazz, and that's fine, but the sooner the better in terms of physical results.

Psychs treat people like children, and PARTICULARLY 20-somethings as children. It shows utter disrespect and it's completely unjust.

Quote from: Medusa on June 12, 2012, 06:51:18 AM
I'm sad and angry  :icon_chainsaw:
My wife say that I can do what I want and she don't want to know about me.
So I go to my therapist and say that I want to start full transformation.
And result? He want to talk to my mum (Hm? Ok..), I must go to psychiatrist (Hm? I already was there ... but it is free and take no longer than 2 or 3 weeks so why not at all), so he see it that we should start at fall/winter -> WHAT???  :eusa_wall: he agree to start low dose now, and now when I'm prepared to start it he shunt it again because I want more  ???
I can't describe my feelings, I'm going there almost two years and nothing from it  >:(

Your psych has no right to talk to your mother, you're an adult, you've been an adult for 7 years (if your profile age of 25 is correct), if you were in the US you've been legally able to drink and buy a handgun for 4 years. You're Married. And your psych wants to talk to your mommy about you?

Also, if I understand you correctly, your psych gave a verbal commitment to starting low dose HRT then withdrew that commitment arbitrarily, which is also disrespectful. Frankly, my vote is to start looking for another psych.
  •  

SonadoraXVX

Sounds to me that this psy has lack of respect for your age of 25 and you need to fine somebody new. In America and I would surmise other western hemisphere countries the age of consent is 21 if I'm not correct. You decide your own fate, change psych really. By the time I was 19 I was already a full fledged combat ready marine and at 23 when I got out, my father wanted to scold me on issues of not going out, its dangerous in the big city, well yea, but really, 25, seek another psych.

Lucia,
To know thyself is to be blessed, but to know others is to prevent supreme headaches
Sun Tzu said it best, "To know thyself is half the battle won, but to know yourself and the enemy, is to win 100% of the battles".

•