Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Anime//Manga//Comic Book Fans: ASSEMBLE!!

Started by Kevin Peña, December 29, 2012, 12:42:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superman vs. Goku?

Superman
Goku

Carbon

Quote from: DianaP on December 30, 2012, 04:58:17 PM
Ok, to make the conditions clear, they are fair. Only Superman vs. Goku. It's that simple. Goku can't call on vegeta or the dragonballs, just as Superman can't call on Wonder Woman or Green Lantern or the Guardians of the Universe.

How can it be any more fair? One-on-one, mano-a-mano, no assistance from other people or magical wish-granting balls. If anything, suggesting use of the dragonballs is unfair since it wouldn't be Goku that did anything to win against Superman, but some magic dragon dude.

Well like I said I'm only tangentially aware of both, but my impression is that you are using any representation of superman available as a basis even though those representations come from an extremely long time period and with different writers who didn't necessarily have exactly the same ideas about what superman could do. Then you're adding in the stipulation that his one consistent weakness wouldn't come into play and that goku would want to fight superman at his strongest "just becuase." If we're going to add in characterization I don't think superman would want to fight an innocent person to the death!

In any case I wasn't serious about giving superman CAPD with the dragon balls. ::)
  •  

Kevin Peña

Okay, how's about we only use Pre-Crisis (most powerful) Superman? The one dragging 12+ planets in that picture I put up earlier.

Plus, Goku would fight Superman at his strongest. Heck, he gave Frieza, an evil tyrant that destroyed Goku's HOME PLANET, enough energy to evacuate himself safely from an exploding planet.

Besides, using kryptonite is unfair. You're welcome to pose the option of Goku using kryptonite. I just said that it wasn't allowed because I assumed that any self-respecting Goku fan would rather have Goku win by his own merits than leave his victory open to question because he used a cheap tactic.  ;)

Once again, go ahead and allow Goku to use kryptonite, but is that really how you want such a battle to go?

I was operating under Death Battle rules, in which all characterization is intact, except for things like Batman's/Superman's "no killing" rule.
  •  

King Malachite

Quote from: DianaP on December 30, 2012, 06:43:33 PM
Once again, go ahead and allow Goku to use kryptonite, but is that really how you want such a battle to go?

Yes
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

Anna++

Even if Goku is allowed to use kryptonite, I still don't think he would.

I think Goku would beat Superman in a food-eating contest... :P
Sometimes I blog things

Of course I'm sane.  When trees start talking to me, I don't talk back.

•  

Shawn Sunshine

I don't think Kryptonite was having much affect on Superman in "Superman All Star" or am i wrong?
Shawn Sunshine Strickland The Strickalator

#SupergirlsForJustice
  •  

Kevin Peña

Quote from: Shawn Sunshine on December 30, 2012, 09:45:57 PM
I don't think Kryptonite was having much affect on Superman in "Superman All Star" or am i wrong?

Superman, following a sun-dip as he did in "All-Star Superman," is indeed immune to kryptonite.  :) Thus, I say Superman bathes in the sun and attains kryptonite immunity. Take that, Malachite!  :P

Quote from: EmSchuma on December 30, 2012, 09:40:32 PM
I think Goku would beat Superman in a food-eating contest... :P

I may have to concede that one.  ;D
  •  

Shawn Sunshine

I think the real question is who is sexier? Not that i am attracted to men, but I say it's Superman, he just has that regal look about him with a farm boy charm.

Now on the woman's side Wonder Woman vs Android 18

#SupergirlsForJustice
  •  

Kevin Peña

Oh my stars and garters! I'd let that Kansas boy rope me any time! So yummy!  :icon_dribble:

Amazonian (though by the costume, All-American) sweetheart:

Meh
  •  

Anna++

Android 18 has cyborg appeal,  though.  I wonder if Dr. Gero open sourced her programming...
Sometimes I blog things

•  

Shawn Sunshine

Hey they actually did fight on you tube a little it seems

#SupergirlsForJustice
  •  

~RoadToTrista~

I hate Superman, most boring superhero ever... So he loses to all because I said so. ^.^
  •  

Shawn Sunshine

I'm sorry but a whole episode of "nggghhaaaaaahhhaaaaaa" from goku is "really" boring.

#SupergirlsForJustice
  •  

Kevin Peña

Quote from: ~RoadToTrista~ on December 31, 2012, 10:40:43 AM
I hate Superman, most boring superhero ever... So he loses to all because I said so. ^.^

Oh, watch Superman//Batman: Public Enemies! It was so good!

Quote from: Shawn Sunshine on December 31, 2012, 10:46:22 AM
I'm sorry but a whole episode of "nggghhaaaaaahhhaaaaaa" from goku is "really" boring.

High five on that!
  •  

Anna++

Quote from: Shawn Sunshine on December 31, 2012, 10:46:22 AM

Try Dragonball Kai?  They cut out a LOT of the filler, but they only go through the end of Cell.
Sometimes I blog things

•  

Kevin Peña

Quote from: EmSchuma on December 31, 2012, 10:51:37 AM
Try Dragonball Kai?  They cut out a LOT of the filler, but they only go through the end of Cell.

Oh, I saw DBZ Kai. They did remove a lot of filler. Only 100 episodes! However, DBZ abridged on youtube is even shorter (a few hours per season). Plus, it's funny, especially when they yell things like, "power levels are bulls***!"
  •  

Anna++

Quote from: DianaP on December 31, 2012, 10:57:31 AM
Oh, I saw DBZ Kai. They did remove a lot of filler. Only 100 episodes! However, DBZ abridged on youtube is even shorter (a few hours per season). Plus, it's funny, especially when they yell things like, "power levels are bulls***!"

:D :D Goku post-Muffin button vs Superman?
Sometimes I blog things

•  

Kevin Peña

I literally spat milk from my nose watching this.
  •  

Anna++

Hee, that was a good part.  I liked how the muffin button returned after he beat Freiza...

Goku: "I don't know. I went to Hell once. The only real bad parts were these two oiled up German guys trying to wrestle me."

I wonder how Superman would handle Hell?  I live about 20 miles away, but I've never had a reason to visit :P
Sometimes I blog things

•  

Kevin Peña

I don't think the Superman vs. Goku debate will ever be settled.  ???

Anywho, any ideas for a different discussion?
  •  

Anna++

No, probably not.  They're more likely to team up and fight somebody else than each other.

Discussion ideas... well, I'm about to start re-re-re-re watching DBZ Abridged.  A "post your favorite abridged series quote!" could be fun
Sometimes I blog things

•