Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

THE MEANING TO LIFE ......http://www.ted.com/talks/jill_bolte_taylor_s_powerful_

Started by Amazon D, January 05, 2013, 09:19:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amazon D

I'm an Amazon womyn + very butch + respecting MWMF since 1999 unless invited. + I AM A HIPPIE

•  

Anatta

"The most essential method which includes all other methods is beholding the mind. The mind is the root from which all things grow. If you can understand the mind, everything else is included !"   :icon_yes:
  •  

Eva Marie

Thanks for posting this - i've read her book before but have never seen her speak.

I had my own stroke a few years ago in about the same spot (judging by her xray). Mine was similar in that I felt detached from myself, but I can't say that I experienced all of the things that she mentioned. I am glad that she got something out of it, but for me it was a dismal experience and I never want to go through it again. I was extremely lucky and I was able to make a "complete" recovery in about a year.

Ya'll check your blood pressure and don't let it become a problem as you get older.
  •  

LivingInGrey

I've heard her talk on NPR several times, though she was quite emotional during this speech compared to the recording I've heard of hers on NPR.

Something about seeing her on this video made it connect differently. Sometimes I think the radio just doesn't do a story justice.

This is one of those times.

(ROCK) ---> ME <--- (HARD PLACE)
  •  

Amazon D

I'm an Amazon womyn + very butch + respecting MWMF since 1999 unless invited. + I AM A HIPPIE

•  

Anatta

Quote from: Amazon D on January 06, 2013, 08:20:18 AM
wow zenda that was some video.. quite soothing too

Kia Ora Amazon,

You're welcome...It also reminds me of the LSD experiment done in the 1950s

::) I should point out, one no longer needs to drop a trip [or have a stroke] to have this kind of experience...

Metta Zenda :)
"The most essential method which includes all other methods is beholding the mind. The mind is the root from which all things grow. If you can understand the mind, everything else is included !"   :icon_yes:
  •  

Amazon D

Quote from: Zenda on January 06, 2013, 12:06:21 PM
Kia Ora Amazon,

You're welcome...It also reminds me of the LSD experiment done in the 1950s

::) I should point out, one no longer needs to drop a trip [or have a stroke] to have this kind of experience...

been there and done that over 1000 times from age 10 to ?  started back in 65  ::)

•  

Anatta

Quote from: Amazon D on January 06, 2013, 01:45:03 PM
been there and done that over 1000 times from age 10 to ?  started back in 65  ::)

Kia Ora Amazon,

::) Acid eats away at the brain...take it from someone who knows  :icon_chuckel: :icon_weirdface:  ;) ;D

•  

Amazon D

Quote from: Zenda on January 06, 2013, 01:57:38 PM
Kia Ora Amazon,

::) Acid eats away at the brain...take it from someone who knows  :icon_chuckel: :icon_weirdface:  ;) ;D

They call me mellow yellow thats right

lucy in the sky with diamonds

strawberry fields forever

purple haze running thru my brain

•  

Anatta

Kia Ora Amazon,

::) One of my all time favourites....Blue and Pink makes..........

•