Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Which in the end is less painful vs results? Electrolysis or Laser?

Started by Shawn Sunshine, January 07, 2013, 03:26:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shawn Sunshine

I am just curious as to which option is better, I hear different things from different people. What can you describe the pain akin to. I hear people say electro is like a bee sting and laser is like a rubber band snapping.

Shawn Sunshine Strickland The Strickalator

#SupergirlsForJustice
  •  

LilDevilOfPrada

Lazer is less painful but less effective and not completely permanent.
Also skin pigment limited.
Awww no my little kitten gif site is gone :( sad.

2 Febuary 2011/13 June 2011 hrt began
  •  

Annah

Laser is a lot less painful and a lot less expensive. I paid 900 for my laser with lifetime touchups.
  •  

Shawn Sunshine

well no matter what, i have a few blond hairs on my face, so I will still have to have electro eventually. I have quite a few on my chin, its a mix of black and blonde.
Shawn Sunshine Strickland The Strickalator

#SupergirlsForJustice
  •  

BunnyBee

•  

LilDevilOfPrada

Quote from: Jen on January 07, 2013, 03:46:08 PM
Being blond is a curse sometimes.

Well they already have they lame blonde jokes as a stigmata, its unlucky.

•  

Elspeth

Quote from: Jen on January 07, 2013, 03:46:08 PM
Being blond is a curse sometimes.

The only benefit seems to be less obvious shadow. Laser's not an option for me; never was, so far as I can tell... keep hoping for a third choice.
"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future."
- Sonmi-451 in Cloud Atlas
  •  

LilDevilOfPrada

Quote from: Elspeth on January 07, 2013, 04:03:25 PM
The only benefit seems to be less obvious shadow. Laser's not an option for me; never was, so far as I can tell... keep hoping for a third choice.

Well theres waxing.

•  

ZoeM

So, I've heard conflicting things about laser - specifically, is laser apt (or possible) to "wear off" even on successful hairs after a few years?

So far I'm doing electrolysis, but the rate of progress is slow, to say the least, and permanently getting rid of 70-90% of the gorram things without quite so much pain would be a blessed relief.

Captcha:"Which is always red: Car, Fire Engine, Bus, Truck:"... Not in San Diego, CA, they're not. We had yellow fire engines there. And green ones in Madison, WI.
Don't lose who you are along the path to who you want to be.

•  

LilDevilOfPrada

Quote from: bev2 on January 07, 2013, 04:38:26 PM
Laser first - then electro.

Thats really a waste of money electro is more then enough on its own.

•  

BunnyBee

That can be smart if you have mostly dark hair. If it's mostly blonde, not so much.
  •  

Beverly

Quote from: LilDevilOfPrada on January 07, 2013, 04:39:20 PM
Thats really a waste of money electro is more then enough on its own.

I am sorry but I have to disagree. Six sessions of laser got rid of most of my dark hair, leaving only the greys and some darks to do. Six sessions of electro will not even clear your upper lip. I reckon I have halved the number of electro sessions and thus halved the costs. The money spent on the laser was insignificant in comparison, but the time saved is well worth it. I probably knocked 2 to 3 years off the whole process.
  •  

LilDevilOfPrada

Quote from: Jen on January 07, 2013, 04:45:11 PM
That can be smart if you have mostly dark hair. If it's mostly blonde, not so much.

True I have black hair and a skin pigment that will take damage from laser so for me electro is my only route.

•  

Zumbagirl

I never wanted to take any chances and stuck with electrolysis,specifically blend, no matter how long it took. Laser was still pretty new when I was transitioning, and I still don't know how effective it is today. My exprience from when I transitioned is that there are no shortcuts. I know a few ladies who lamented even dropping a dime on laser. I know others who have had major regrowth and a few who say it worked.It all seemed like a roll of the dice to me. It was a chance I just didn't want to take. I really didn't want to shave. Having to do that would not be a successful transition for me.

I can only tell you that not all hair follicles are visible all the time, some are dormant and the only way I found to get rid of them forever was 10 seconds at a time with blend. I remember for some of my chin hairs, they were either so stubborn, twisted or ingrown, that it required 2 zaps to actually get the hair to release. I remembr the sense of delicacy that is required to prevent a dead bulb from staying in the skin, after treatment. I was so happy when that part of my face was done. I even stuck it out for the upper lip with blend. It took forever and always seemed to be popping up hairs (espcially right under my nostrils which I remember hurts and made me want to sneeze), but I eventually beat them all :) Body hairs seemed to be dead with 1 zap maybe 2 at most, except the genital hairs, those were pretty tough and hung in there pretty good.

When I did my genital work I tried it initially with 1 session of laser. I figured and so did the technician that the dark pubic hairs and my light skin it would be a natural, but it didn't seem to work very well, so I switched to electrolysis and that worked for certain. Laser on the scrotum wasn't exactly my idea of fun either and afterwards whether laser or electro, I used to drive 2 hours home feeling like my crotch was on fire. Eventually I figured it out that there was a subway sandwich shop near by and I used to get a cup of ice and drive home keeping the area on ice to keep the heat effect down, which was only made worse by doing it in the summer. That sure was a weird feeling, laying on a table with my feet in stirrups and having someone playing with my "junk" for an hour. At least he had a sense of humor and made me laugh while he was doing it :) It's another part of my transition I'm only to glad to admit that it is far far behind me :)
  •  

K.Graison

Well being Latino(a) has provided me with a full grown beard since I was 2 years old.
Being in the Army, I shave everyday anyway...
I'd go ahead and get laser, since my hair is black, but this next mission I'm going on.... Well I can't be the only one without a beard.
So, as soon as I get back, I'll definitely do it.
Saves me time in the morning anyway.

And I wouldn't spend 30 min mixing in my hard candy concealer. =(

Xoxo
And a thousand times more I will say, this is me, take it or leave it.
  •