Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Zombies are they for real ?

Started by Anatta, January 27, 2013, 04:48:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peky

Quote from: Zenda on January 27, 2013, 08:49:29 PM
Kia Ora Peky,

So he's not the son of god then ? Or is he meant to be both ?

Metta Zenda :)

You know the answer to that..you were rise in the faith..do not play ignorant with me...you know better
  •  

Shang

Quote from: Zenda on January 27, 2013, 08:49:29 PM
Kia Ora Peky,

So he's not the son of god then ? Or is he meant to be both ?

It depends entirely on who you talk to.  Some will say he is God and others will say he is the Son of God and others will say that he is both.  However, I would ascribe him to being like a zombie in the sense he died and then came back to life [regardless of he is a real person or not].
  •  

peky

The Trinity is considered to be a mystery of Christian faith. According to this doctrine, there is only one God in three persons. Each person is God, whole and entire. They are distinct from one another in their relations of origin: as the Fourth Lateran Council declared, "it is the Father who generates, the Son who is begotten, and the Holy Spirit who proceeds". While distinct in their relations with one another, they are one in all else. The whole work of creation and grace is a single operation common to all three divine persons, who at the same time operate according to their unique properties, so that all things are from the Father, through the Son and in the Holy Spirit. The three persons are co-equal, co-eternal and consubstantial.

I Judaism there is only one G-d but we do recognize distinct emanations or manifestations from G-d

•  

Devlyn

Kia Ora, Zenda! I think it's important to show great respect for other's spiritual beliefs. Jesus should be spelled with an upper case J, and G-d is the same in this context. No one sleights Buddhist  beliefs,  please show the same courtesy. Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Anatta

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on January 27, 2013, 09:53:15 PM
Kia Ora, Zenda! I think it's important to show great respect for other's spiritual beliefs. Jesus should be spelled with an upper case J, and G-d is the same in this context. No one sleights Buddhist  beliefs,  please show the same courtesy. Hugs, Devlyn
Kia Ora Devlyn,

I'm not ridiculing anyone's beliefs...please show me where I've done this...

You will find not once have I used the lower case j when writing about a young Jewish guy called Jesus...

I respect a person's right to believe in 'a' god, ie any god, or gods.... From what I gather there are more that just the one...No one religion or group of religions have the monopoly on the word god... 

You will find on many occasions people have used the lower case when referring to the Buddha [the buddha and buddhism], now is that disrespectful ? or just lazy/bad English ? I believe it's the latter...

BTW  Jesus's full title is "Jesus The Christ"...Or JTC will suffice if one is too lazy  ;)

Anyway my apologies if I've offended some members by not using a capital G when talking about a god...

BTW isn't G-d only when referring to the Jewish god  ? That is Jewish people are not to mention god by name or something like that...

"The most essential method which includes all other methods is beholding the mind. The mind is the root from which all things grow. If you can understand the mind, everything else is included !"   :icon_yes:
  •  

Anatta

Quote from: peky on January 27, 2013, 08:52:45 PM

You know the answer to that..you were rise in the faith..do not play ignorant with me...you know better

Kia Ora Peky,

::) I was not 'raised' in the Christian faith, my family didn't attend church on a Sunday-only for weddings, funerals and jumble sales... ;) ;D

"The most essential method which includes all other methods is beholding the mind. The mind is the root from which all things grow. If you can understand the mind, everything else is included !"   :icon_yes:
  •  

Nero

Quote from: Aaron Gabriel on January 27, 2013, 05:28:42 PM
Quote from: Zenda on January 27, 2013, 05:22:46 PM
Kia Ora Aaron,

::) Not a story about zombies but....

I remember as a child my father [who came from Jamaica] told me a story of this old woman who live  alone up in the hills, locals believed she was a witch, well according to the locals she liked donkeys so much that one day she changed into one...It sounds crazy, but he was really serious when telling me this...Voodoo was also practice in Jamaica and from what I gather still is...

Voodoo is still practiced there along with many other Caribbean countries.  It's practiced quite a bit throughout southern Louisiana as well.  Some of the stories I've heard from practitioners have been a bit spooky and the majority were dead serious in what they were speaking.  I personally don't mess with Voodoo and I never will.

Spooky stories? Give us a sample!
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

Cindy

I'm a University lecturer, of course zombies exist. My lecture theatre is full of them.

Mindless creatures with no self will. Otherwise known as students :embarrassed:
  •  

TanaSilver

The rising sun turns me into a zombie every morning, but coffee has the mystic property of restoring me to life :)
  •  

Anatta

Quote from: Fat Admin on January 27, 2013, 11:42:02 PM
Voodoo is still practiced there along with many other Caribbean countries.  It's practiced quite a bit throughout southern Louisiana as well.  Some of the stories I've heard from practitioners have been a bit spooky and the majority were dead serious in what they were speaking.  I personally don't mess with Voodoo and I never will.

Spooky stories? Give us a sample!

Kia Ora FA,

Now this is one of the most scariest zombie stories ever : [If this don't scare you...Nothing will ] ;) ;D

•  

Anatta

Quote from: Cindy James on January 28, 2013, 02:39:36 AM
I'm a University lecturer, of course zombies exist. My lecture theatre is full of them.

Mindless creatures with no self will. Otherwise known as students :embarrassed:

Kia Ora Cindy,

So you're the one guilty of bringing them back to life ;) ;D

•  

Anatta

Kia Ora,

Now for some serous stuff :angel: [I guess I should have called this thread Voodoo or Vodun]...

In West Africa some tribes practised 'Vodun' and the story goes, during the slave trade many of the slaves were brought from West Africa, they brought with them their religious practices...

" Vodun recognises one God with many helpers called Orishas. A single divine Creator, called variously Mawu or Nana Buluku is an androgynous being who in one tradition bore seven children and gave each rule over a realm of nature - animals, earth, and sea - or else these children are inter-ethnic and related to natural phenomena or to historical or mythical individuals. The creator embodies a dual cosmogonic principle of which Mawu the moon and Lisa the sun are respectively the female and male aspects, often portrayed as the twin children of the Creator. "

"According to the tenets of Vodou, a dead person can be revived by a bokor, or sorcerer. Zombies remain under the control of the bokor since they have no will of their own. "Zombi" is also another name of the Vodou snake lwa Damballah Wedo, of Niger–Congo origin; it is akin to the Kikongo word nzambi, which means "god". There also exists within the West African Vodun tradition the zombi astral, which is a part of the human soul that is captured by a bokor and used to enhance the bokor's power. The zombi astral is typically kept inside a bottle which the bokor can sell to clients for luck, healing or business success. It is believed that after a time God will take the soul back and so the zombi is a temporary spiritual entity.[4] It is also said in vodou legend, that feeding a zombie salt will make it return to the grave."

So do you believe ?

•