Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Tank tops and binders.

Started by Darrin Scott, January 24, 2013, 04:34:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darrin Scott

Summer is coming in a few months and I will be going to the beach/boardwalk during that time. I want to wear a tank top with swimming trunks and still pass.

I was in a store called Tilly's last night and they had some of their spring stuff out and they had a display of tank tops. I tried on a few and they were ok fitting, but the arm holes are really long so my binder shows through them. I don't have a any pictures because I didn't take any at the store, but I was wondering if anyone has had any issue with binding and tank tops.

Here is me in a long sleeved T shirt:

And with just my binder(s)

I'm a DDD (not sure of the band). I don't know if this helps any, but I thought I'd post some information. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for me. I pass now about 85% of the time so I was hoping to continue in the summer.

•  

Simon

Try a muscle shirt instead of a tank top. The arm holes aren't as wide and revealing. When you get out of the water the shirt is going to cling of course so try to get something with a graphic over the chest that diverts the eye away from what is underneath.
  •  

mangoslayer

if you have a binder that looks more like a wifebeater or something, you could wear that under a tanktop that would show it. It's pretty common (at least where i live, and guys my age) to wear a wifebeater under a tanktop. It seems dumb to wear a tank top under a tank top, but it helps with sweat. And if you don't have one/can't get one that looks like a wifebeater, i'd say go with a muscle shirt.
  •  

Darrin Scott

I have the 997 on so it looks like a tank top anyway. I don't plan on actually swimming as I don't like the ocean much anyway. I'll look into muscle shirts too.

•  

notyouraverageguy

Hey Darrin, this last summer I figured out a trick. I'm not sure if it will work for you, but it helps me not to worry about people seeing binder straps or around the armpit. I wear like a strapless type of thing I cut out of a 997. I think it actually makes me look flatter then my other binders, the only problem is slippage. Because there's no straps it tends to slip down, so I can't do certain things like reach or put my arms up. Also I was found some tanks that fit my arms that helps to hide regular binders, they're tight around the pit area. You gotta search but there are some that don't have such big holes. And if anything you could always wear a wifebeater over the binder, make sure they are the same color.
Gender expression is NOT gender identity.

Defective Catastrophe.
  •  

John Smith

(What's the difference between a tank top and a wifebeater?)

I wear a tank top every day. UNDER my binder. :p 

But yeah, try the muscle shirt.  I might go for one myself this summer. Anything less that that will show off the shoulder rug, and I dun wanna scare people.

Went and got me a ticker, so everytime I post I'm reminded to put down whatever I was about to eat. >.>
  •  

KamTheMan

The underworks "chest only compression" binder (NOT the tri top, even though with its thinner straps it looks decent) works best IMO because the fabric is more like the cotton fabric used for tanks (it should be the same color as the tank so black for black and white for white, use your own judgement for colored tanks, I usually think black works best).

•  

mangoslayer

Quote from: John Smith on January 25, 2013, 11:22:49 AM
(What's the difference between a tank top and a wifebeater?)

A wifebeater is a kinda of tank top... I'm not really sure what the real term for them is, i've only ever heard them called wifebeaters (it definitely doent say that on the tag lol). They are just plain tank tops, usually white, to be worn as undershirts.
  •  

John Smith

Rightio, in that case I'm wearing wifebeaters under my binders.

Went and got me a ticker, so everytime I post I'm reminded to put down whatever I was about to eat. >.>
  •