Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Passing as male

Started by Dovahkiin, February 18, 2013, 03:38:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dovahkiin

Has anyone got any tips on how I can pass better? I've only just started trying to pass properly, and I want to go stealth when I go to uni (this coming autumn) but I highly doubt I'll have access to any hormones or anything before then so yeah. :p
  •  

Soren

•  

Elsa

A little bit more baggy pants that's loose in the crotch area should be perfect. It's something I do when I'm looking to go for a "normal guy" mode.

Apart from that I think you'd pass really well.
Sometimes when life is a fight - we just have to fight back and say screw you - I want to live.

Sometimes we just need to believe.
  •  

AmberSkyeArisen

I agree, I see all male and then read the first comment and then noticed the pants. Literally change the pants and you're good to go!
  •  

Cindy

I agree with the others you look like a young guy but change the pants. I like guys so tend to check them out, and I like 'well hung' guys so I 'glance' in that direction :embarrassed:. So it is worth disguising the area :embarrassed:

•  

Jess42

Definately the pants deal.
  •  

Bardoux

I think appearance wise you pass fine, you look young and you might have people saying so, but i don't think they would question if you was male. I would say voice. I don't know what you sound like, but it's something to consider. In terms of the jeans, it depends where in the world you are from and what's the fashion trend for male students at the time. I used to wear skinny jeans all the time, a lot of guys still do and it was all you could see mostly when walking around Top man lol.
  •  

Emmaline

All checkity, check, check on passing from me... cute young guy.. handsome eyes (its funny how most of us seem to have eyes that speak to our brain gender isnt it?  - window to the soul and all that.)

Buuuut... it was your pose that I noticed first.  The hip angle...( though bear in mind I am a professional sculptor and trans)  cis guys are far less flexable in the spine for a couple reasons- mainly boney protrusions that grow to protect the spine in combat and hunting I guess- females need more flex for child bearing.  You have rolled your hip up without having to bend your trunk a great deal - look at the statue of David and compare to say... Doris day.  Look up contraposto if your interested.  But as I say... artist and trans.  ;)

Me on the other hand.. lots of yoga and martial arts to try and loosen the hell outta my hips.  :(

I think T actually encourages the bone growth in the spine is that right?  Any ftm dudes experienced this?

Body... meet brain.  Now follow her lead and there will be no more trouble, you dig?

•  

Soren

Quote from: emmaline on August 06, 2013, 04:52:30 PM
All checkity, check, check on passing from me... cute young guy.. handsome eyes (its funny how most of us seem to have eyes that speak to our brain gender isnt it?  - window to the soul and all that.)

Buuuut... it was your pose that I noticed first.  The hip angle...( though bear in mind I am a professional sculptor and trans)  cis guys are far less flexable in the spine for a couple reasons- mainly boney protrusions that grow to protect the spine in combat and hunting I guess- females need more flex for child bearing.  You have rolled your hip up without having to bend your trunk a great deal - look at the statue of David and compare to say... Doris day.  Look up contraposto if your interested.  But as I say... artist and trans.  ;)

Me on the other hand.. lots of yoga and martial arts to try and loosen the hell outta my hips.  :(

I think T actually encourages the bone growth in the spine is that right?  Any ftm dudes experienced this?
What do you mean by "boney protrusions"?
  •  

Elijah3291

I would agree with everyone else that you need baggier pants, but I also think a haircut would help, it just looks pixie to me.  And "normal" hair color would probably help you pass more too.
  •  

FlyingJ

Yeah, a different hair style for sure would help you out.  Ever think about gauges or those thick black rim glasses?  For some reason I thought those would look good on you.
  •  

Jessie

Quote from: Dovahkiin on February 18, 2013, 03:38:00 PM

Has anyone got any tips on how I can pass better? I've only just started trying to pass properly, and I want to go stealth when I go to uni (this coming autumn) but I highly doubt I'll have access to any hormones or anything before then so yeah. :p
Wow. That's like advanced passing. Something seems a little fem about the hair though... other than that, fantastic job. :)
  •  

ToughCookie

Quote from: Emmaline on August 06, 2013, 04:52:30 PM

This... Plus guys generally tend to not do that twirly lip thing in pictures.
  •