Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Question about HRT - FtM

Started by Rin, July 09, 2013, 07:53:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rin

Hello there,

I have a question...if I can't go on HRT (for personal reasons and I'd really prefer not to discuss why) but I -can- get top surgery, can I still change my sex on my legal documents or am I doomed to be haunted by that little "F" for the rest of my life? I live in Delaware and the way to go about it is pretty vague "undergoing treatment" - treatment as in therapy or HRT or both or what? It's very confusing and this has been giving me a lot of anxiety lately...

-Aneirin

•  

Devlyn

Hi Rin, welcome to Susan's Place! You don't have to tell us anything you don't want to. Here is our Wiki information on documentation changes: https://www.susans.org/wiki/Category:Documentation_changes
  •  

Rin

Yeah, I found that, but all it says for Delaware is "undergoing treatment" and that's pretty vague...
I'm uncertain if other guys from Delaware would be about (we're a pretty small state) who might know, but I guess I could ask my therapist when I see her on Friday. For such a small little state, they sure like to make all of the things we need to legally take care of a huge pain in the butt >.<

•  

Devlyn

There seems to be a tipping point that if the letter from your health care provider states "irreversible changes" things go through. That's a general observation, not true in all situations. Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Rin

(>^_^)>

Thanks for letting me know. I've heard that it's possible if one undergoes top surgery, but I didn't know if that was only certain states, and wanted to be sure. It was very confusing @.@ but I have a hard time comprehending vague things. If something isn't spelled out for me, I have a hard time understanding. Thanks again for the info.

•