Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Always remember Krishna...

Started by Mohini, March 03, 2013, 06:51:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mohini

"Always remember Krishna, and never forget Him!"
-- Srila Prabhupada

Hare Krishna!

I just want to say, I am a dedicated practitioner of Vaishnavism. Specifically, I am a Gaudiya Vaishnavi (or a Krishna devotee; Vaishnava = devotee of Krishna... Vaishnavis are ladies!).

It's so hard for me sometimes to go back to temple. I love my faith, my religion, and I love Krishna. Honestly, even when times have been hard and I've received a lot of backlash from some devotees at temple, others have accepted me with open arms and continue to encourage me to go back to temple for Sunday feasts, even when I haven't come in months.

I have never lost my faith in Krishna, and I know that He is always there for me with open arms. I only need to receive Him and love Him.

It certainly doesn't help with an atheist boyfriend. But I know that God loves Him too, regardless.

I really do not know what is holding me back. I suppose that I could re-order some saris and just go. But there is so much memory there, so much joy and pain that I've gone through. Just imagine coming out to a conservative religious community!

In any case, I have no idea. I just continue to be myself and genuine, listen to kirtan, do my japa of the Hare Krishna Mahamantra, and go to temple for festivals. I'm just so happy that even when individuals won't accept me, I know that Krishna Himself will save me from the ocean of birth and death, and be my Dearest Friend.

Oh, and please chant:

Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna,
Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare,
Hare Rama, Hare Rama,
Rama Rama, Hare Hare!

and be happy!  :angel:
  •  

lightertouch

And He will, dear.  Our Beloved is so good to those that Love and remember Him every moment.

Little bird, awaken:
Hear your Master's voice.
Fly to the highest
As little wings go
Until, ascending,
You need them no more.

[countdown=October,20,2009][/countdown]
  •  

SiobhánF

If I'm not mistaken, according to the Hindu beliefs, by virtue of us all being incarnations of Brahman, we also all have the Atman. Therefore, any person who needs a little reminder could easily be snapped back to this realization with a "Namaste" and a bow. But, should they not be true believers of such things, then your words will have no impact.
Be your own master, not the slave to illusion;
The lord of your own life, not the servant to falsities;
Only then will you realize your true potential and shake off the burdens of your fears and doubts.

•