Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

When should one legally change their name?

Started by MattFlo, April 22, 2013, 04:50:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MattFlo

know it's personal preference primarily, but by suggestions or opinions, when should one legally change their name during transition? I am currently still Pre-T & will be starting T in June for sure. I am mainly concerned about my credit cards, bank and online shopping accounts etc in case I need to verify my identity over the phone. If I still have a female voice with a male name & vice versa, Female name/male voice (when i'm on T) Any thoughts?
  •  

AriannaJade

I am a little over 9 months on E. And i am in the process of changing my name i don't have any credit cards to deal with just a bank and etc i am also in college i will have to deal with FAFSA and all. But i have been told i have a neutral voice. So i say give the t a couple months and your voice will become deeper and maybe then you can consider changing your name i hope this helps you a little =)

Anna++

My plan is to take a week off of work to both change my name and go full time.  Doing them both at the same time seems easiest to me, but it's really up to you :)
Sometimes I blog things

Of course I'm sane.  When trees start talking to me, I don't talk back.

•  

Gene

I plan on trying to change my name roughly around if not shortly before I start T. That way I can try to minimize the time duration in which I have a mismatching name and gender appearance.
Who's got two thumbs, is a FTM transsexual artist & moderate gamer who is outspoken about his opinions w/ an insatiable appetite for his enemy's shame? This guy
  •  

Robert Scott

I changed my name two months on T ... my dose of T was extremely low -- my doctor started out slow to adjust the body ..... I had no one question me on my name ... it was actually nice b/c people started using male pronouns and calling me sir by my name despite not even coming close to passing. 
  •  

Tristan

i say when you present as that name at least 50% of the time or more
  •