Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Yeson voice feminization surgery

Started by Jennygirl, April 22, 2013, 06:09:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Livvykins

Quote from: Shantel on July 28, 2014, 12:38:11 PM
Olivia,
     I clicked on you're video and it said discontinued so I watched it on YouTube and my gosh you sound just wonderful to me dear, nice job Dr. Kim!

Thanks Shantel, that's very kind! I can't wait for month two when I can sing again!!! :) x

You can only lie about who you are for so long without going crazy

Full time: Early 2013
HRT: 10/06/2012 Richard Curtis - London
FFS: 05/04/2013 FacialTeam - Marbella
FFS2: 03/02/2015 FacialTeam - Marbella
GCS: 08/04/2014 Dr Phil Thomas - Brighton
VFS: 25/06/2014 Yeson - Seoul Korea
BA/FFS3: 18/04/2016 Ocean Clinic - Marbella
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Livvykins on July 28, 2014, 01:04:54 PM
Thanks Shantel, that's very kind! I can't wait for month two when I can sing again!!! :) x

You have a very feminine voice and delivery, love your accent, you sound very sweet!
  •  

AshleyL

Olivia, you sound great!  Even with no resonance or pitch modulation it sounds very good!  I can hear the hoarseness you're talking about, but I'm sure that will get better with time!  I'm so happy for you!

•  

AmyBerlin

Dear Olivia,

congratulations on a great result! Keep me posted how things are going singing-wise. I'm 3 months post and slowly regaining my singing powers...

Amy
  •  

Carlita

Quote from: Shantel on July 28, 2014, 12:38:11 PM
Olivia,
     I clicked on you're video and it said discontinued so I watched it on YouTube and my gosh you sound just wonderful to me dear, nice job Dr. Kim!

How did you find it on YouTube? I've tried every combination of Olivia/Livvy/Yeson/update I can think of without any success ... and I'm longing to hear how a fellow-Brit sounds after Yeson!
  •  

Livvykins

Quote from: Carlita on July 29, 2014, 11:57:25 AM
How did you find it on YouTube? I've tried every combination of Olivia/Livvy/Yeson/update I can think of without any success ... and I'm longing to hear how a fellow-Brit sounds after Yeson!

Oh I wonder why the link doesn't work...

Try this :)

•  

Shantel

Quote from: Carlita on July 29, 2014, 11:57:25 AM

It doesn't work so click on the banner at the top of the video and it brings up her YouTube video.
  •  

Livvykins

Quote from: Shantel on July 29, 2014, 12:34:36 PM
It doesn't work so click on the banner at the top of the video and it brings up her YouTube video.

Oops!  Sorry I had turned off the 'allow embedding' off...

Should work now :)

•  

anjaq

Quote from: Livvykins on July 27, 2014, 06:31:13 PM
It felt just like speaking naturally, using exactly the same muscles, but as if you've lost or losing your voice with laryngitis if you've ever had that.
Thats way cool then. this as a natural no-effort voice, plus some healing happening about the breakups and strength of the voice - it will be perfect :)
Yes I definitely had my voice give up some times. I had voice issues from overusing a feminized voice for years sadly. One time I tried to record my old voice out of interest. Something went wrong there and my voice was breaking up oin the hours after that and then I could not speak for 2 days. I so was thinking "a , this is how it is for the girl who are post op in Korea now" :P

•  

Carlita

Quote from: Livvykins on July 29, 2014, 12:00:10 PM
Oh I wonder why the link doesn't work...

Try this :)

I did ... and it's amazing! You sound wonderful, and it's really helpful to hear an English accent, because I have a much better, instinctive ability to assess how it sounds. And my assessment is: good work, young lady!

And good work, Yeson, too ... Seoul really is becoming an essential stop on the MTF transition journey ...
  •  

Charlotte2

Quote from: Carlita on July 31, 2014, 05:51:05 AM
I did ... and it's amazing! You sound wonderful, and it's really helpful to hear an English accent, because I have a much better, instinctive ability to assess how it sounds. And my assessment is: good work, young lady!

And good work, Yeson, too ... Seoul really is becoming an essential stop on the MTF transition journey ...
Hi Carlita,
IIRC Voodle is another British patient of Dr Kim's. She put up her 1 year result about 2-3 months ago on here. I think it was really impressive and shows very nicely how Yeson voices evolve over time.
  •  

anjaq

Oh, i remember how voodle was quite disappointed at first. I heard she was getting more out of it with time. Do you have the link to her post with the  1 year recording to share here?

•  

Charlotte2

Yes I think she was quite upset at first but, in my opinion anyway, the end result is one of the nicest voices I've heard.  :)
It's still here, I think:

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1IL24PWe1fE
  •  

kim27

Just wanted to say a huge thank you to Jennygirl - you have been an inspiration!!!  When I showed a you tube video to a friend at work her jaw dropped at the difference from before to after.  I always heard bad stories about vocal surgery, but I am now intending to try and get it done in 6 months (it will take a while to save up) lol - but thank you xxx
Kim x 

Full time: 1 April 2013
HRT: 29 April 2013
VFS: 11 November 2014
  •  

anjaq

You are right - i heard that before and found it was nice and obviously yes of course - resonance (raising the larynx) is still needed. Maybe she did not know that as her voice therapist seems to not have trained that. once she does that, she sounds great.

•  

northcountrymassage

That's odd that you talk about raising the larynx, because the exercises they gave me for the two month period specifically states to not raise it up or down, just back and forth.
Namaste and Blessed Be,
Amy Lynn
  •  

anjaq

How do you move the larynx back and forth - AFAIK it only can move up and down?

•  

MeganChristine

I was told to totally relax the larynx when I was talking, not to try an push it up again. Just plain natural speech.
  •  

anjaq

Odd - would this not result in a male resonance and one sounds like a high pitched guy because pitch is after all not all there is to a feminine voice. I guess it makes sense to first not strain things too much but after a while, one will have to do something, not? I mean - there are some people who did have voice surgeries that I have heard (not from yeson but from others with a similar technique) who do not really sound that female despite the higher pitch, because they did not change the rest of their voices.

If it would be so easy - to just speak without any effort and sound female, it would be a quick fix surgery for the voice, but that seems to me to be unlikely.

•